The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Transfer Deadline 2nd Sept 2019

Rate this topic

The first Transfer window closes tomorrow night (Monday midnight 2nd Sept).

Will we see further transfers before the window closes?

I have a feeling that we will see Curran and Davies move on from the club, whether they move to another or we rip up their contracts is a different story.

Will we see another signing or two come in to strengthen our squad in the area's where most of you think we are weak on the park.

Would like to see someone come in who can run at defences and spray passes to our forward line, because I still think we have the most potent forwards in the league who can score goals. 

You thought's everyone?

Maybe 2 in from the ongoing work behind the scenes JMP has spoken of.  (this before Friday's game).

Whether they will be near enough after Friday's debacle remains to be seen.  

Edited by Dondeh

Additional right back or centre back.

A midfield bruiser.

And my 1000/1 shot, Craig Gordon on loan......as he must be so pissed at now being a clear number3? (Sadly they will need him for cover until Bain is fit again)

• Star Post 1

Speroni still not signed by anyone. Claims he still wants to play but has got businesses in London so possibly a move back to Dundee unlikely. 

Really not sure what positions are in most need of filling tbh. Creative mid I suppose but is that a winger, CM etc? Depends on how mcpake wants to line up going forward. I think we are pretty well covered in CM for this league, others may not agree.

44 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Jason Holt and Billy King for me. Got a feeling, same feeling I had about sir kane

Yeah. Find it hard that King Billy will not be signed after all this time?.

I feel there is something more to the King story. 

2 hours ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Speroni still not signed by anyone. Claims he still wants to play but has got businesses in London so possibly a move back to Dundee unlikely. 

Really not sure what positions are in most need of filling tbh. Creative mid I suppose but is that a winger, CM etc? Depends on how mcpake wants to line up going forward. I think we are pretty well covered in CM for this league, others may not agree.

Tell Speroni he can fly up every wed/thurs for game and then go home for a few days. Just get him f**cking signed 😂

• Funny 1

9 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I feel there is something more to the King story. 

He only wanted to trial with us as a mole in the camp to feed information back to the tangy side. 

This is arguably the biggest deadline day for us in recent years. Because of friday night the club really need to get a lot of fans back on side. If friday didn't happen we still would need more players but that just magnified everything imo

• Like 1

Whilst new signings are great for us fans, they create competition for places and give us options I'm not too sure that right now new signings will do us a lot of good considering we don't know our best team or formation with the players we've currently got. More players are definitely needed but they will probably only lead to more confusion and more rotation as McPake tries to find a team and formation that works. Unless we're signing automatic picks them I'm not sure we'll be massively better off.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Whilst new signings are great for us fans, they create competition for places and give us options I'm not too sure that right now new signings will do us a lot of good considering we don't know our best team or formation with the players we've currently got. More players are definitely needed but they will probably only lead to more confusion and more rotation as McPake tries to find a team and formation that works. Unless we're signing automatic picks them I'm sure we'll be massively better off.

Rev:, point well made, i aluded to this yesterday in that i believe it will be another 4-6 games before we see the real performance from the team once it settles down, new players may only add time to this. If that is the case then so be it,

Our target this year is to ensure we are in the play offs, i think we will achieve this, if we are to eat humble pie and play 2nd Fiddle to a team that have had 3 attempts so far and we go up then i will live with that.

One thing i am confident of is, we will finish the season the strongesdt team in the league.

11 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

A centre back I would say 

10 hours ago, sneddee said:

a creative midfielder 

That'll do for starters.

Kirk Broadfoot rumoured to be attracting interest from a few clubs with United named.

Noticed that Motherwell now have two really good 'keepers with Carson on the bench. Would be a brilliant addition IMO, commands his area and defends set pieces very well. Someone like that in and Ferrie on loan would really strengthen that position.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Kirk Broadfoot rumoured to be attracting interest from a few clubs with United named.

Noticed that Motherwell now have two really good 'keepers with Carson on the bench. Would be a brilliant addition IMO, commands his area and defends set pieces very well. Someone like that in and Ferrie on loan would really strengthen that position.

Are you suggesting we might be in for Broadfoot?. If so where do you reckon he'd play?. (Obviously defence but a bit more specific).

4 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Are you suggesting we might be in for Broadfoot?. If so where do you reckon he'd play?. (Obviously defence but a bit more specific).

CB next to meekings and put mcghee at RB

• Like 1

Ideally we'll sign two centre backs today if Davies leaves. We're so short there. If one could play left back and centre back then that would be ideal. I really want to see McGhee at right back. He's so much better on the ball than Cammy is but if he does we need to make sure we're not left with Meekings and Forster as our only CH options. Meekings I think is a better option by the way. Forster only looks good when teams punt it right on top of him. Anything other than that and he struggles big time. For someone who looks quite athletic he really lacks any sort of mobility/pace. 

4 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

CB next to meekings and put mcghee at RB

I think Broadfoot can play right across the back four. I wondered whether he'd potentially play centre back because, at 35yrs old, I'm not sure he has the legs to play r/back. Would be Broadfoot and Forster for me though. All speculation at this stage though.