Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Defending

Wattie Rojas

Every single goal a gift. Awful luck played a part too.

1st goal: Forster then Ness lose their men at a corner and the ball goes in the only bit the keeper can't save it 

2nd: forster fails to clear and nobody marking appere right in the middle of the box.

3rd: Mcdaid trips over his own feet and wipes out McMullan.

4th: Ness let's butcher have a free header.

5th: slow on closing the player and a lucky deflection.

6th: Cammy doesn't clear and another deflection beats Hamilton.

A mixture of boys switching off and bad luck. Totally unacceptable.

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I’ve not even watched a minute of the game back on the telly.

It was easy enough to tell from the claustrophobic confines of the knee cracker that we were a shambles at the back on Friday night.

I left when the fifth hit the net so haven’t even seen Nelson’s or their last goal.

Having said all that, I assume JMc and the squad will analyze every gruesome detail.

Need to find a way to get a settled side producing wins every week over the forthcoming “easier” fixtures. 

8 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

1st goal: Forster then Ness lose their men at a corner and the ball goes in the only bit the keeper can't save it 

2nd: forster fails to clear and nobody marking appere right in the middle of the box.

Agree with this. Second balls in the box for the first two goals and we completely switch off, that's criminal at any level. Also for the 4th why don't we have anyone on the back post? Doesn't go in if we do, poor set up. A bit of bad luck in all the goals but mostly just awful defending. 

14 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

IMO we set out to get balls forward quickly and have Hemmings and Johnson turning the carthorse that is Mark Connolly, we didn't really have a proper plan B though when things broke down however, or for when they changed personell. I think our approach and lack of understanding that their pace and power in midfield could hurt us on the counter is what caused the heavy defeat. As you've rightly pointed out we suffered some horrendous back luck, to counter that though I'd say if we'd had a proper structure in place that would have protected the back four better then I don't think we see so many counter attacks, so many balls in our box and six home goals. We were completely overran when we lost the ball and bar a few 50/50's we never won enough possession in the middle of the park which led to relentless attacks which exposed our defensive fragilities. I think in practically every game so far this season there's been signs of weakness defensively but so far we haven't been really punished, not to Fridays extent anyway.

1 minute ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

IMO we set out to get balls forward quickly and have Hemmings and Johnson turning the carthorse that is Mark Connolly, we didn't really have a proper plan B though when things broke down however, or for when they changed personell. I think our approach and lack of understanding that their pace and power in midfield could hurt us on the counter is what caused the heavy defeat. As you've rightly pointed out we suffered some horrendous back luck, to counter that though if say if we'd had a proper structure in place that would have protected the back four better then I don't think we see so many counter attacks, so many balls in our box and six home goals. We were completely overran when we lost the ball and bar a few 50/50's we never won enough possession in the middle of the park which led to relentless attacks which exposed our defensive fragilities. I think in practically every game so far this season there's been signs of weakness defensively but so far we haven't been punished, not to Fridays extent anyway.

I think jmc set us up wrong. Far too open with zero pace with Ness and Byrne.

Aberdeen formation and I think it would have been much closer.

Forgot to mention the non corner they scored from.

Forster looks like the type of defender who always wants to try to nick the ball in front of the striker, or who likes to get really tight at least which can be good sometimes but when a striker knows how to use their body it just either ends up with you giving away fouls or getting turned far too easily. McPake was similar as a defender, used to get dragged out of position quite a lot.

Adblocker Detected