The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 2 Elgin City

Rate this topic

Dundee are out of the Tunnocks Tea cake cup after a a dismal display and defeat to 2nd division side Elgin.

Cammy Kerr opened the scoring in the 26th minute with a stunning left footed shot from outside the box. However, it was Elgin who stole the show with a few minutes of madness which saw Elgin score two goals and the Dundee Keeper sent off. Omar scored a wonderful goal which left Ferrie with no chance and then a mix-up in defence left Ferrie seeing Red. Mackie with a dreadful opening game plays an awful pass back and Ferrie comes off his line and clashes with Hester. Sunderland fires the ball into the empty net and the ref then send off Ferrie.

Dundee 1 - 2 Elgin

Even the fact that this was “only the challenge cup” can’t hide the utter humiliation behind thatvresult and performance. I can’t yhink of a more embarrassing 9 days a Dundee fan and that’s saying something! 

Utter utter shambles from back to front. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

The least said about this match the better......

Shambles nothing more nothing less.

Another  gamble  with a manager. Enough matches to give an opinion and it isn't good.  We have  been crap most of the time. Better signings but woeful on the park. Glad we are out of that sh1tty cup but another dreadful result.  Don't see much of an improvement from McCann to he honest, more of the same insipid  sh1te.

• Star Post 1

2 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

The least said about this match the better......

Shambles nothing more nothing less.

Jings John, eh hope the DBF posters, dinnae tak yir comment above too literally, or the forum will be grinding to a halt as weel.

Great result for Elgin.  I'm well chuffed for my home town team although obviously disappointed that Dundee lost.  What on earth is going on at Dens? 

3 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Jings John, eh hope the DBF posters, dinnae tak yir comment above too literally, or the forum will be grinding to a halt as weel.

I think the results on the park are the cause Gedee, can't say I have not seen as bad as a performance of that today. Terrible all over today.

• Like 1

Just back . . . Well that was fun. 

Shall have a bite to eat before I give my opinion.

Forecast = Cloudy with a chance of Storms.

• Funny 1

Should never get beat at home from a team 2 division lower totally unacceptable 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Not good enough at all,that team should comfortably beat elgin. Not going to pretend I was there because I wasnt,but it sounds like it was another dire performance.

That was a f**cking downer.

I get it that sometimes we play in a cup like that, there's a bit of potential for it to go wrong and things not to go as exactly planned and us to get a wee bit frustrated. In the League Cup, the Cove and Peterhead games were disappointing but we were fully dominant and there was clearly a system and some structure to what we were doing.

Today was concerning. Defensive players with zero vision, Meekings to Cammy to Meekings to Cammy to Meekings to Cammy to...hoof on weak foot whilst our striker has spent ages screaming for it and making runs. Ness and Byrne offering zero going forward and playing with the illusion that they have infinite time on the ball. Hemmings up top not being involved for whatever reason.

We need to come back V Alloa with a system properly thought out and the basics in place again. Anything similar and we've got huge trouble ahead.

Very sore one for Ferrie though, his defender f**ked up horrifically and put him in an impossible situation. I hope someone puts his arm round him tonight and also tells our defenders to stop passing it to our keepers weak foot every single time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Andy747k said:

Dreading the alloa game now 

Let's hope there's a media ban on the players speaking to the press and social media. Let's hope the players are dreading the Alloa game, too.

7 minutes ago, Mev said:

Great result for Elgin.  I'm well chuffed for my home town team although obviously disappointed that Dundee lost.  What on earth is going on at Dens? 

Well done to Elgin as they deserved their win today.

I am totally disgusted by the manner in which we lost today, we could have lost by more than 2 if it weren't for some last ditch defending.

Hopefully it was just a case of the players thinking they just had to show up for the win today. But when we get beat from alloa next week a few will want him gone.