Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 2 Elgin City

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

That was a f**cking downer.

I get it that sometimes we play in a cup like that, there's a bit of potential for it to go wrong and things not to go as exactly planned and us to get a wee bit frustrated. In the League Cup, the Cove and Peterhead games were disappointing but we were fully dominant and there was clearly a system and some structure to what we were doing.

Today was concerning. Defensive players with zero vision, Meekings to Cammy to Meekings to Cammy to Meekings to Cammy to...hoof on weak foot whilst our striker has spent ages screaming for it and making runs. Ness and Byrne offering zero going forward and playing with the illusion that they have infinite time on the ball. Hemmings up top not being involved for whatever reason.

We need to come back V Alloa with a system properly thought out and the basics in place again. Anything similar and we've got huge trouble ahead.

Very sore one for Ferrie though, his defender f**ked up horrifically and put him in an impossible situation. I hope someone puts his arm round him tonight and also tells our defenders to stop passing it to our keepers weak foot every single time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mev said:

Great result for Elgin.  I'm well chuffed for my home town team although obviously disappointed that Dundee lost.  What on earth is going on at Dens? 

Well done to Elgin as they deserved their win today.

I am totally disgusted by the manner in which we lost today, we could have lost by more than 2 if it weren't for some last ditch defending.

Think I might have to re-adjust my expectations for this season ...

Not that long ago, I was trying to convince myself, I should not expect too much this season (eg. promotion)

This was mainly around health reasons. Both physical & mental (dealing with depression that folows defeat)

Concerning thing for me at this time, is after today. I'm not that bothered. Maybe I'm still in post-match shock.

Regarding the readjustment of expectations, I think I might be accepting...of NOT being relegated this season.

That said, I'm not at all ready to start pointing guns at JMP. Maybe it will get worse. But I'll hold back for now.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected