Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 2 Elgin City

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
12 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

To be fair, McIntyre wasn’t a rookie and we all saw what happened there. Also McPake is surrounded by experience to help him develop so I think it’s far too early to be on the manager’s back. Hopefully he sits down with Strachan and Nicholl this week to try and figure out what’s going wrong.

The worrying thing for me was there seemed to be an obvious lack of urgency with the players (Sharp and Anderson excluded) as time ticked away and further humiliation approached. 

Hopefully he sits down with Strachan and Nicholl this week to try and figure out what’s going wrong.

I don't see any need for this. You've already figured out what's wrong. By the time we get in the opposition box they have filled the box and we can't get a shot away.

Does nothing for confidence but cannot believe we created very very little against a lower league team with both wide men offering nothing and Hemmings at times looked uninterested . Cammys goal was a screamer and their first decent was a good goal too . Ness just looks so unfit 

This team needs goals as confidence is dropping .

Don’t care about this pointless cup by do care about that performance. Another game where we created very little and looked a bit shambolic. If we keep playing like this we will be in the group at the bottom of the league trying to avoid the wrong play-off.

Lower league opposition at Dens, perfect opportunity do do a bit of confidence building after last week’s shambles but no, Dundee find a way to spectacularly Fck-up again.

Alloa next week pretty much a must win. Lose that and a few teams will be opening up a gap and the knives will start to come out.

Edited by Dee_Dee

17 minutes ago, DFC1974 said:

Also McPake is surrounded by experience to help him develop so I think it’s far too early to be on the manager’s back. Hopefully he sits down with Strachan and Nicholl this week to try and figure out what’s going wrong.

I would not think JMP is the kind of manager who would be above asking for help from the more experience staff around him. He comes over to me anyway, as the kind of person that hurts quite a bit. And is aware, he is really at the start of the learning process. In fact, I'm wondering if his lack of confidence, might be the problem ... And he is listening too much & swayed by others like Strachan & Nicholls, & lacks the confidence in his own judgement & decision-making.

1 hour ago, DFC1974 said:

Even the fact that this was “only the challenge cup” can’t hide the utter humiliation behind thatvresult and performance. I can’t yhink of a more embarrassing 9 days a Dundee fan and that’s saying something! 

Utter utter shambles from back to front. 

It's been looking like that, for a while, poor, poor lacklustre signings, not giving a f**k, yet again, still no Fight, movement, fast forward balls or drive from our slow static Midfielders and don't get me started on our Defence apart from Cammy Kerr, McPake's two ex MATES from Hibernian and Both sh*t and letting their Manager down.

11 minutes ago, Dee_Dee said:

Another game where we created very little and looked a bit shambolic. If we keep playing like this we will be in the group at the bottom of the league trying to avoid the wrong play-off. Lower league opposition at Dens, perfect opportunity do do a bit of confidence building after last week’s shambles but no,

Some folk get it ^^^^

5 minutes ago, Dee_Dee said:

Don’t care about this pointless cup by do care about that performance. Another game where we created very little and looked a bit shambolic. If we keep playing like this we will be in the group at the bottom of the league trying to avoid the wrong play-off.

Lower league opposition at Dens, perfect opportunity do do a bit of confidence building after last week’s shambles but no, Dundee find a way to spectacularly Fck-up again.

Alloa next week pretty much a must win. Lose that and a few teams will be opening up a gap and the knives will start to come out.

Really hope you are being too pessimistic Dee_Dee. No harm at all in taking a very concerned attitude, in fact it's the only realistic outlook to have given the performances in the last two games, but hope the long term view will be to give the manager and the team a bit more time to deliver. 

Qualifying for the promotion play offs would be acceptable, for me. That's my personal view and I'm sure that there will be others who think we should be doing much better. I just think that we don't seem to have found our rhythm yet.

Adblock Detected