The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 2 Elgin City

Rate this topic

35 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Any truth in it though? I would think the betting company would find that a highly irregular bet due to the level of the game and amount of the bet. Even if they split it into 5 bets it’s still a strange betting pattern. 

Hence the reason they were probably caught...highly irregular betting draws suspicion.....

Wonder if they're were bets on Sundays gemme,just saying like,unusual result,keeper sent off etc.?

4 hours ago, steven dee said:

Seemingly he and his mates bet 5 grand on himself getting booked against Hibs. Won 20 grand. 

Shocking. Guy should be banned for years. 

4 hours ago, steven dee said:

Seemingly he and his mates bet 5 grand on himself getting booked against Hibs. Won 20 grand. 

Well, if they'd chosen our game to make that bet, they'd have lost....that ref was only wanting to book players from one team, and for very little. 

• Like 1

I would love to say that our players are crooks who cleaned up at the bookies. Unfortunately though I think we lost at home to the fourth tier ragtag Highland part-timers because they were better than us in front of goal.

• Like 1

We put too much emphasis on the opposition being two divisions lower and being part-time. Defensive lapses and bombscare moments like the one Sean Mackie had can be punished by any capable attack, whether they are part-time or not. 

It is hard to accept that the Dundee Players approached the game with "It's only a formality mindset" ... But on the other hand, it's possible.

19 minutes ago, OsloDee said:

We put too much emphasis on the opposition being two divisions lower and being part-time. Defensive lapses and bombscare moments like the one Sean Mackie had can be punished by any capable attack, whether they are part-time or not. 

I see the sense in what you are saying in a one off situation. But why has it happened to us in at least one of the cups every year for the last 5+ years?

5 hours ago, Travellingdee said:

I see the sense in what you are saying in a one off situation. But why has it happened to us in at least one of the cups every year for the last 5+ years?

Anything can happen in one-legged ties in the cup of course, but we've done not bad in the Betfred Cup group stage where I think quality shines through over the 4 games (we've qualified for the next round 3 out of 4 times now since the new format was introduced). I think being the Premiership side coming off the January break and straight into a Scottish Cup match hasn't helped either. Players would prefer to be playing every week given the choice.

On 09/09/2019 at 13:55, GSD said:

Elgin players were at work all week and still managed to contrive a game plan,and work hard enough to stifle our inept attempts to break them down.Are we seriously expected to support unconditionally some players who lets say say didn't really give a sh*t yesterday,CK and Gowser aside that was abysmal.For me the JMcP love in has ended,he's got Nicoll etc to get us out the doldrums,so use them to get some of the players telt.Most were not moving off the ball,basically hiding,maybe some need snowflake councelling for PTSD after Friday,whatever the problems are need to be nipped,and fingers need to be washed,and get to f**k on with it ffs .You are professional footballers,show some pride in your craft ffs!

Not only were they in work all week, they probably didn't all train together during that time either. Elgin's Central belt players train (or certainly used to) train somewhere closer to where they stay.