The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Unfortunately I'll miss this game however we have to get more forward thinking midfielders into the side to get the ball forward quicker. For this reason I'd drop Ness and Byrne and bring in Finn.

I'd also have Nelson playing off the right and Johnson up top as he looks sharper than hemmings ATM.

Hamilton

Kerr Forster McGhee marshall

Finn

Nelson Todd McPake Mcdaid

Johnson

Sharp Meekings McGowan Mackie Ness Mulligan hemmings

Just now, WeighorstsWang said:

That midfield is giving me the fear tbh. 

It would be more 4-2-3-1 with Todd beside Finn and McPake at no. 10. 

Our nonexistent build-up is mainly down to having too many CDMs. 

Hamilton, Kerr, Forster, McGhee, Marshall, mcdaid, mcpake, finn, Ness, Johnson and Nelson. 

4-4-2

Just win the f**cking game Dundee!!

• Like 1

Hamilton 

kerr Forster Mcghee marshall

Byrne fin

mcpake  Todd.     Mcdaid

Hemmings 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Hamilton, Kerr, Forster, McGhee, Marshall, mcdaid, mcpake, finn, Ness, Johnson and Nelson. 

4-4-2

Just win the f**cking game Dundee!!

Exactly - just get the three points then onto the next one

29 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

Terrified about this game 

Me too, what a time to be alive when you're wary of playing Alloa at Dens.

If it wasn’t for a real fear of losing this game I’d go 4-3-3 

Hamilton

Kerr, McGhee, Forster, Marshall 

Ness, Fin, Byrne

Nelson, Hemmings, McPake

But I reckon he will go 4-2-3-1 with 

Hamilton

Kerr, McGhee, Forster, Marshall

Byrne, Fin

McDaid, McGowan, McPake

Hemmings

I am losing a bit of confidence in McDaid but not sure what the better option is. It's ridiculous that we are (rightly) very nervous about our chances ... get a grip JMP

The entire squad has no confidence at the moment and are screaming out for a 3 or 4 nil win to build that up. But the only people that can do that are themselves 

Terrified is a bit strong. Hope the players aren't. 

I'm not sure about Todd & McDaid. Luxury players? We can only play one at a time. Ness, Byrne & Gowser will come good. 

Do the likes of Jamie Ness, Josh Todd, Shaun Byrne and Declan McDaid want to show the world why they won full-time professional contracts at one of Scotland's top six clubs or do they just want to see the money drop into their bank account? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

No way would you play Todd or McDaid. They are wingers who don't take on their man. They should be taking chances, its worth losing a few battles to get in a couple of crosses for Hemmings, Johnson or Nelson to get on the end of. If we lose the ball up where they are operating its not disaster. I would play McPake and see if he can take a man on. 

Hamilton

McGhee

Forster

Meekings

Marshall

Robertson

Byrne

Ness 

McPake

Johnson 

Nelson

4-4-2

This game really is massive. 

If the Wasps claim their third successive win on the road they'll probably move into the top four.

If Dundee fail to win for the fifth successive game there will be talk about whether McPake should stay in the job and there will be serious doubt about whether the Dee can avoid a second relegation on the bounce.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Cobra said:

This game really is massive. 

If the Wasps claim their third successive win on the road they'll probably move into the top four.

If Dundee fail to win for the fifth successive game there will be talk about whether McPake should stay in the job and there will be serious doubt about whether the Dee can avoid a second relegation on the bounce.

Morten Weighorst in before Christmas!

You heard it here first. Hope Jazzer turns it around, I really do...but not holding my breath. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Budgem said:

Morten Weighorst in before Christmas!

Did he even apply for the job?

4 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Unfortunately I'll miss this game however we have to get more forward thinking midfielders into the side to get the ball forward quicker. For this reason I'd drop Ness and Byrne and bring in Finn.

I'd also have Nelson playing off the right and Johnson up top as he looks sharper than hemmings ATM.

Hamilton

Kerr Forster McGhee marshall

Finn

Nelson Todd McPake Mcdaid

Johnson

Sharp Meekings McGowan Mackie Ness Mulligan hemmings

There's zero fight in that midfield for me. Makes the derby line-up look positively conservative. 

That's maybe put the finger on the problem for me. The midfield is either all out attack, or no attack at all.