Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Alloa On Saturday

Wattie Rojas

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
17 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

Hamilton 

kerr Forster Mcghee marshall

Byrne fin

mcpake  Todd.     Mcdaid

Hemmings 

Along the same lines of what I was thinking but id maybe go with Johnson ahead of Kane ad would start Ness alongside either Finn or Byrne .

Hamilton 

Kerr                   Forster             McGhee                 Marshall 

Byrne (Finn)                 Ness

McDaid                       Todd                               McPake    

Johnson  

If we're playing McDaid and Todd every week then we won't be picking up many points. 

It's a worry just how poor our midfield is, especially as on paper it looked the strongest position before the season started.

Our whole team is a mess at the minute. You know yir f**ked when you worry about playing Alloa.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, J_Kitamirike said:

If we're playing McDaid and Todd every week then we won't be picking up many points. 

It's a worry just how poor our midfield is, especially as on paper it looked the strongest position before the season started.

Our whole team is a mess at the minute. You know yir f**ked when you worry about playing Alloa.

Totally disagree regarding McDaid &Todd .

I think ,like  a lot of players,  they are confidence players but for me both have a lot of ability and am confident they will come good .

I remember thinking Stewart looked very average when he first signed for us as did Nathan Ralph but once they settled they showed how good they were and id be surprised if these two lads don't do the same .

Not the start we wanted but its still very early days .

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, DBDU said:

Totally disagree regarding McDaid &Todd .

I think ,like  a lot of players,  they are confidence players but for me both have a lot of ability and am confident they will come good .

I remember thinking Stewart looked very average when he first signed for us as did Nathan Ralph but once they settled they showed how good they were and id be surprised if these two lads don't do the same .

Not the start we wanted but its still very early days .

They look like bang average championship players in my opinion and have so far shown absolute nothing that suggests they will be any good for us.

Stewart was a bit underwhelming in a few friendly appearances but he quickly turned into a quality player once he actually got a chance and started games. 

Ralph was brutal in the pre season games but turned it around once he was fully fit.

McDaid and Todd have already played quite a few games for us and have been very poor apart from Dunfermline second half (for Todd) and then the sheep game.

We shall see but so far they have created nothing and struggle to beat their men going forward. Offers no support to our forwards etc.

I'm actually expecting a positive reaction vs alloa. The derby result was a total fluke and was never a 6-2 game while I can understand why the players didn't get up for the Elgin match given the competition. We'd probably have been better off playing more youngsters.

We'll have Hamilton, Forster, Marshall, Finn, McPake, Johnson back and I'd expect total effort.

We need players willing to take on a man and win fouls, corners etc if it doesn't come off. Running at a full back then checking your run is no good unless you have plenty ability and quick feet. For that I'd fit in Mcpake and Nelson in the hope they can take the ball deep and push the whole team forward. If we can't be creative enough to break down teams then the next best thing is to be direct, get the ball forward at every opportunity and play at a high tempo hoping to drag their defence apart and force mistakes. We rarely hit the byline these days

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thepole said:

We need players willing to take on a man and win fouls, corners etc if it doesn't come off. Running at a full back then checking your run is no good unless you have plenty ability and quick feet. For that I'd fit in Mcpake and Nelson in the hope they can take the ball deep and push the whole team forward. If we can't be creative enough to break down teams then the next best thing is to be direct, get the ball forward at every opportunity and play at a high tempo hoping to drag their defence apart and force mistakes. We rarely hit the byline these days

Aah the byeline....halcyon days and the hardest thing to defend against, a cut back from the bye line. Was my late Dads hobby horse. Billy Campbell could do it though!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Aah the byeline....halcyon days and the hardest thing to defend against, a cut back from the bye line. Was my late Dads hobby horse. Billy Campbell could do it though!

Good shout.

Jimmy Murphy and Ian Purdie were were pretty good at it as well .

6 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Have our board made the classic DFC error of putting a much-loved character in charge just because they know they'll get an easy few months before the dust settles and reality kicks in?

We did it with Gordon Wallace, Jim Duffy and Neil McCann and others. How about we just disregard sentiment and appoint the best man available. Colvin put Hartley in charge after he won back-to-back promotions with Alloa? Can we bring back Colvin or at least learn from his common sense approach?

I'm certainly not giving up on McPake yet but it was a hell of a risky move to make.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected