Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Alloa On Saturday

Wattie Rojas

4 hours ago, thepole said:

We need players willing to take on a man and win fouls, corners etc if it doesn't come off. Running at a full back then checking your run is no good unless you have plenty ability and quick feet. For that I'd fit in Mcpake and Nelson in the hope they can take the ball deep and push the whole team forward. If we can't be creative enough to break down teams then the next best thing is to be direct, get the ball forward at every opportunity and play at a high tempo hoping to drag their defence apart and force mistakes. We rarely hit the byline these days

Cammy running full pelt with the ball from his own goal towards the half way line. Gets to the half way line and sees an opponent in front of him. 'Phuck me' he thinks. 'I'd better stop, turn around and pass it backwards'

Cue a shake of the head and a big sigh from me.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 hours ago, gblue said:

Kerr is determined to give the suffering support reasons to stick by the team again when they line up against the Wasps this weekend. FFS here we go again 

I often ask this when folk moan about what players say in the press. The club are expected to put someone forward and the journo's ask stock standard (inane) questions.

Genuine question and not having a go but what would like the very unfortunate (who would want to wheeled out in front of the press after that result?) Cammy Kerr to say in the lead up to the Alloa game? Remembering that if we simply said nothing, folk would moan that the club are keeping silent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Aah the byeline....halcyon days and the hardest thing to defend against, a cut back from the bye line. Was my late Dads hobby horse. Billy Campbell could do it though!

So much modern "entertaining" football is played at a snail's pace, through the middle and with no cutting edge whatsoever.

Unless you follow Man City or Belgium it's so utterly boring that's it's frightening. 

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

How about we just disregard sentiment and appoint the best man available.

They did do that by appointing JM and that turned out a disaster. (do agree with your post tho)

Mcpake was the easy appointment to make IMO - easy / lazy what ever word suits

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CC33 said:

They did do that by appointing JM and that turned out a disaster. (do agree with your post tho)

Mcpake was the easy appointment to make IMO - easy / lazy what ever word suits

McIntyre had an awful start at County. 1 win in his first 20 games if I remember right and that was against a Dundee team was so short of players we had to play Jim Mac in defence.

I'm glad that Nelms got involved at Dens but the evidence suggests he needs better advice when it comes to managerial appointments. Just because McCann comes across as charismatic at a DFC function doesn't necessarily mean he's the man to take our club on to the next level.

54 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I often ask this when folk moan about what players say in the press. The club are expected to put someone forward and the journo's ask stock standard (inane) questions.

Genuine question and not having a go but what would like the very unfortunate (who would want to wheeled out in front of the press after that result?) Cammy Kerr to say in the lead up to the Alloa game? Remembering that if we simply said nothing, folk would moan that the club are keeping silent. 

In my opinion I think this should be down to the manager to make statements to the press, it would take the pressure off the player who gives the statement and makes them look a little bit silly when it all goes wrong.

the thing I don’t like about what the players say is we will make it up the fans when we play such a body, if I was manager Of that team I would be saying to the players look at that the Dundee players  think this game will be easy for them and they are going to win it let’s show them how easy a game it is for them.

If the players have to do interviews, why not just say we know we have play lot better than last week let’s hope we can play better as a team and see how it goes.

all in my opinion of course 😛

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gblue said:

In my opinion I think this should be down to the manager to make statements to the press, it would take the pressure off the player who gives the statement and makes them look a little bit silly when it all goes wrong.

the thing I don’t like about what the players say is we will make it up the fans when we play such a body, if I was manager Of that team I would be saying to the players look at that the Dundee players  think this game will be easy for them and they are going to win it let’s show them how easy a game it is for them.

If the players have to do interviews, why not just say we know we have play lot better than last week let’s hope we can play better as a team and see how it goes.

all in my opinion of course 😛

McPake has already given the players what for in the press and I've no doubt he's done that behind closed doors as well.

And, to me, I don't see any difference between saying 'we'll play a lot better', or 'we'll make it up to the fans'. All platitudes that mean little if we don't turn up at the weekend. 

As I say, I really think the players simply can't do anything right after the past couple of performances. That's fair enough and understandable but it doesn't really answer what they're meant to do when faced with the press.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, barkblue said:

McPake has already given the players what for in the press and I've no doubt he's done that behind closed doors as well.

And, to me, I don't see any difference between saying 'we'll play a lot better', or 'we'll make it up to the fans'. All platitudes that mean little if we don't turn up at the weekend. 

As I say, I really think the players simply can't do anything right after the past couple of performances. That's fair enough and understandable but it doesn't really answer what they're meant to do when faced with the press.  

I still think it’s the mangers job or his assistant that should talk to the press not the players.

the difference in saying we will make it up to the fans when we play such a body and we know we have to play a lot better than last week and let’s hope we can play better as a team and see how it goes that implies to me that the player is saying don’t worry we will win this game for the fans, where as to me the second statement means we will go out and give it our all to win this game, when we get beat it makes that player look a bit silly if it was me I would cringe at what I said.

But we all have different opinions that why we have debates on here imo there is no right or wrong in what different posters think.

apart from me of course I am always right 😂

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

2 minutes ago, gblue said:

I still think it’s the mangers job or his assistant that should talk to the press not the players.

the difference in saying we will make it up to the fans when we play such a body and we know we have to play a lot better than last week and let’s hope we can play better as a team and see how it goes that implies to me that the player is saying don’t worry we will win this game for the fans, where as to me the second statement means we will go out and give it our all to win this game, when we get beat it makes that player look a bit silly if it was me I would cringe at what I said.

But we all have different opinions that why we have debates on here imo there is no right or wrong in what different posters think.

apart from me of course I am always right 😂

Not trying to be obtuse but I genuinely don't see any difference between what you're suggesting and what Cammy actually said. 

The manager HAS spoken to the press. Surely you don't expect him to talk to them and say the same thing every day?

Looks like we'll go round and round on this mate, so maybe best as an each to his own. 

1 hour ago, barkblue said:

Get them to say what the tactics were for the game, explain why it didn't work, or possibly why it did work, at least show some awareness of tactics. Why, when things go wrong, can't the players see what needs fixing and just do it? I don't think players are automatons who can only follow limited instructions, yet that's the way their performances come across. We didn't expect that, we talked about defending at set pieces, we just seemed a bit off the pace, there's a whole range of cliches and the question that needs to be answered is WHY?

4 hours ago, Attilio said:

Cammy running full pelt with the ball from his own goal towards the half way line. Gets to the half way line and sees an opponent in front of him. 'Phuck me' he thinks. 'I'd better stop, turn around and pass it backwards'

Cue a shake of the head and a big sigh from me.

I swear Cammy is singing “I love you Dundee I do” when he goes on one of his Forest Gump runs down the right. 

• Funny 2

Adblock Detected