The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

20 hours ago, Cobra said:

I like Cammy. I get the feeling he'd rather spend a night in Rose West's cell than wear tangerine.

.......naked.😮

• Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Hoping for a reaction, a real statement of intent but if truth be told I'm absolutely bricking it.

For what ever reason over the past few seasons when we are crying out for a reaction or for the players just to show up, they dont. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a reaction rev

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Don’t think it will be to far away but I reckon JMcP will look to find a space for Meekings 

Hopefully on the bench! 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

18 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Ness is back training tomorrow.

I'd still bench him as Byrne is a little more mobile.....as is jabba the hut!

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

7 minutes ago, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

For what ever reason over the past few seasons when we are crying out for a reaction or for the players just to show up, they dont. I wouldn't be holding my breath for a reaction rev

You're more than likely right Beto, can always hope though. I find copious amounts of Stella often helps.😁

1 minute ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Feckin Pizza Hut is more mobile mate.😁

• Funny 1

Just now, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You're more than likely right Beto, can always hope though. I find copious amounts of Stella often helps.😁

I find Corona works better🤣🤣

Just now, ThelegendthatisBeto said:

I find Corona works better🤣🤣

You're asking for a banning if you're pre-match beverage of choice is Corona and a wee wedge of lime.😁

10 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

You're asking for a banning if you're pre-match beverage of choice is Corona and a wee wedge of lime.😁

How dare you......I dont have a lime in it🤣

• Funny 2

2 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Best player on the park v Dons. (ness).

5-0 Dundee for me 🤞 and before anyone asks - Moretti 😀

• Star Post 1

It always amazes me how many of us think we can change something in our results without making changes to either:

1) The Players 

2) Formation

3) The Tactics

Clearly we got it wrong against United and Elgin - so, players we can't instantly change, some are still finding their feet, although I would make a case we have to drop non performers in the hope it will be an incentive to up their game. So,  going with the same players, the same formation and the same tactics will bring the same result- logical really, and also we can assume that our rivals have us watched and see our weaknesses. Now it could be a case of a bad day at the office for some players and for sure the forwards need tactical changes to allow them to actually have a chance of getting the ball. Therefore my team for Saturday will show changes:

Hamilton (Did not play against Elgin- Probably not at fault with any of the goals against Utd)

McGhee (Would like to see him at right back)

Forster (No choice here- if McGhee goes right back)

Meekings (No Choice here with this line up)

Marshall 

Kerr (If Cammy is in the team I would like to see him pushed up in front of McGhee)

Robertson ( We missed him against United and Elgin)

Byrne ( No choice- I think there is more to come from him- maybe push him back and Fin forward)

Ness (Excellent against Aberdeen- looked like a Donkey against Utd)

McPake (He at least looks he will take a man on)

Johnson (First Half - possibly replaced by Hemmings at Half Time after he has scored his goal)

The alternates are two up with Hemmings and Johnson or pushing Nelson back behind the lone striker

McDaid, Todd did not perform either game, but could be impact subs

Will the result be better? I hope so, but one things for sure we need to change 1,2 or 3!

All IMO- I actually believe we will win 3-0

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Forster Marshall

Finlay Byrne Ness

Nelson Johnson/Hemmings McPake

Would go 433 against Alloa Nelson looked lively on the right against United so would play him and McPake wide and drop Todd and McDaid.

If Ness not fully fit then Gowzer in

Happy with either striker

12 hours ago, Valentke said:

Best player on the park v Dons. (ness).

5-0 Dundee for me 🤞 and before anyone asks - Moretti 😀

I'm not saying he can't play mate, just saying he runs like someone has tied his bum hairs together. Him or Byrne plus Finn should play but not all three.

• Funny 1

Experienced Alloa 'keeper Neil Parry is out for the season with an acl injury. 20 year old Chris Henry to make his first league start.

29 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Experienced Alloa 'keeper Neil Parry is out for the season with an acl injury. 20 year old Chris Henry to make his first league start.

Hopefully when the young lad shite's his pants, it will slow him down enough for our sideways/backward passing into the box to become effective!

• Funny 1

37 minutes ago, harry94 said:

6 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Hopefully when the young lad sh**e's his pants, it will slow him down enough for our sideways/backward passing into the box to become effective!

With this news, I'd have said we ought to have our striker(s) & central midfielders under orders to 'shoot on sight' all game.

However, having sat in the north end of the BC, up in row P, a half hour before the start of the Elgin game, that with the sole exception of Hemmings, saturday's team's pre-match shooting practice was abysmal. Nelson put two consecutive ones well above my head, then two moosie crawlers at the youth keeper. Some of the others were 'beyond belief' bad. 😮  We must have some 0-0 training games?

Hemmings was on target pretty much every time, but I'd almost put money on Johnston being by far our most accurate striker of a ball.

.....well, until Cammy hit that screamer into the roof of the (real) net.  👏 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

🤣