The Dark Blues
TheDarkBlues

Watching Scotland Is Like Watching....

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, WoodStein said:

If Steve Clarke is given time & patience, he might find the core of a squad that can improve our results & ranking. but we tend to over-react to each campaign's adversities & change it all again.

Nail hit on the head right there.

Clarke walked into a shambles that even the players didn't want to be part of and folk are having a pop at him for his side being taken apart by a thoroughly excellent side filled with world class players all playing at the pinnacle of the sport. 

The expectation of football supporters all too often relates very little to reality.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Well OCD, if you are right maybe (& I mean in time & indirectly) Scotlands loss will be DFC's gain.

Who knows what the future holds? And to be honest I have lost interest in International Football.

Hopefully Cobra.

I've lost interest in watching it too; can't wait for an international break to be over so that we can get back to the real stuff.

Our football has gone backwards since the top premier 10-12 League was brought in.

It has led to sterile negative football by at least 8 to 10 of the top division teams as they strive to avoid being relegated and it reduces the opportunities to blood young players.

As our football is run for the benefit of the ugly sisters alone, nothing will change.

On 08/09/2019 at 21:22, Dens Bound Rhino said:

Missed the game today so cant comment on the game or performance, however if switching to a 4-4-2 has cost us the game (against Elgin!!) we are in bigger trouble than I initially thought. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gedee said:

Well OCD, if you are right maybe (& I mean in time & indirectly) Scotlands loss will be DFC's gain.

Who knows what the future holds? And to be honest I have lost interest in International Football.

Apologies Gedee.

I assumed it was Cobra replying.

19 minutes ago, OCDee said:

Apologies Gedee.

I assumed it was Cobra replying.

No need for you to come back OCD. But thanks for doing so

(It is maybe a mistake ... But it is also a fine compliment)

I don't think Clarke walked into a shambles and is trying to improve it. He's regularly playing and calling up players way out of their depth. 

The problem we have as a country is the coaching and the nutrition. I'm not going to blame the parents, it's not their fault. 

The folk who blame a generation, fail to remember who raised that generation.