The Dark Blues

Rate this topic

Right, I’m out of here. It’s a tough thing being a Dee these days....and has been for a few seasons . But, my God, it’s much harder when I waste my time with the torrent of drivel that passes as “passionate debate” on here.

Whether it’s the anti-Cammy Kerr squad (sure, he’s no world beater but we’re a championship club and there are plenty premier teams would be happy to have him) or any number of misguided, repetitive ranters, I’ve had my fill.

Todd and McDaid seem to be the main “Elgin scapegoats” from what I’ve seen from some. I think they’re decent...McDaid has taken a man on and beaten him more times this season than Danny Williams managed over the entirety of his contract. Todd has featured occasionally but looks to me to have two good feet and a decent physique.

Anyway, I could go on...but I won’t. I’ll confine my conversations about my team to fellow Aberdeen Dark Blues who at least manage to bring a modicum of balance and sense to their comments.

Goodbye

Edited by GoatLord
  • Like 8
  • Disagree 1

You're a good poster Goatlord and I hope you'll reconsider.

It's a difficult moment in our history and we're going to get irritated by other Dees sounding off.

If leaving the website or the internet makes you happier you should do it but I think the best thing to do is to maybe try and not react to everything you read (easier said than done though).

Seems to me that eastern culture at better at dealing with sh*t than us. Buddhism teaches you to observe and let things happen while we tend to react with annoyance when we come across comments we don't like.

Btw I'm not lecturing. I'm terrible for letting things affect me so not really in a position to tell other folk how to react to stuff.

• Like 1

There is nothing worse than when someone demands attention for leaving. 

Either leave or make an attempt to make it better.

Taking a running jump to leave. How old are you bud. 

• Like 2
  • Disagree 2

38 minutes ago, GoatLord said:

Right, I’m out of here. It’s a tough thing being a Dee these days....and has been for a few seasons . But, my God, it’s much harder when I waste my time with the torrent of drivel that passes as “passionate debate” on here.

Whether it’s the anti-Cammy Kerr squad (sure, he’s no world beater but we’re a championship club and there are plenty premier teams would be happy to have him) or any number of misguided, repetitive ranters, I’ve had my fill.

Todd and McDaid seem to be the main “Elgin scapegoats” from what I’ve seen from some. I think they’re decent...McDaid has taken a man on and beaten him more times this season than Danny Williams managed over the entirety of his contract. Todd has featured occasionally but looks to me to have two good feet and a decent physique.

Anyway, I could go on...but I won’t. I’ll confine my conversations about my team to fellow Aberdeen Dark Blues who at least manage to bring a modicum of balance and sense to their comments.

Goodbye

you should stay and call out those so called dee supporters who only post when we get beat rather than letting them win

• Like 1

The days of Dundee breaking the transfer record by signing Billy Steel are long gone so we really need a positive support. We are one of the seven best supported clubs in Scotland but if our players are demoralised by playing at Dens we lose our advantage over the likes of Queen of the South.

Every Dee who turns up at Dens deserves praise but it's those Dees who offer their vocal support regardless of circumstances who are the real heroes.

If you boo the team before the final whistle you will, over the course of the season, cost us points.

• Like 4

I can understand where you're coming form GoatLord, a lot of football fans wear their heart on their sleeve (being polite here). I get fed up with this place at times, give threads a miss because I know its going to be full of folk raging about one thing or another or just plain avoid the forum for a while. Don't back yourself into a corner about it, have a look in a few weeks (or months, depending how long it takes us to get a win 😂) and you'll see the bipolar nature of football fans as we're queueing up to nosh off whatever player had a good game. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

What are the club supposed to do in 2019 when finances dictate that players like Weighorst  and Adamczuk are not realistic targets?

Do we give up on our team because Scottish football is not as good as it once was?

My brother-in-law went to Ibrox every other week to watch Laudrup and Gazza but now he won't leave the house at the weekend.

I suppose we need to make a personal decision about how much our club means to us.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

3 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Goodbye

Hey gringo, que te pasa?

Maybe, just maybe, you are taking things a little too seriously. It’s a forum, what do you expect?

We can all be guilty of spouting pish at times and venting frustration but hey, check Gedee for example, among the darkness he is always there, clapping away quite happily.

I hope you get through this bud. Become a happy clapper, I’m sure Gedee will let you know the prescription, and I’m sure once the medz kick in you’ll be back on the Dark Blues sometime soon. 

Hang in there bud.

GEDEEeeeeeeeee, show this man the light 🤩

#The Exorcist

Edited by Aberdee
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

The opening post screams of attention seeking. Go to any other football ground in the country and/or look at any other team's forum and you'll see masses of people being miserable b*****ds. 

We've had a couple of atrocious results and folk are well entitled to come on here and berate the team. The tone will change after a couple of positive results, it always does. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Hey gringo, que te pasa?

Maybe, just maybe, you are taking things a little too seriously. It’s a forum, what do you expect?

We can all be guilty of spouting pish at times and venting frustration but hey, check Gedee for example, among the darkness he is always there, clapping away quite happily.

I hope you get through this bud. Become a happy clapper, I’m sure Gedee will let you know the prescription, and I’m sure once the medz kick in you’ll be back on the Dark Blues sometime soon. 

Hang in there bud.

Goatlord is entitled to make his Armageddon post but being a football fan is a rollercoaster. I think our best run of results this century came immediately after we were humped 6-2 at the dump on New Year's Day in 2015.

If you're going to be a Dee you're going to have to suffer. We are not going to relegate the filth every week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chomp my root said:

I can understand where you're coming form GoatLord, a lot of football fans wear their heart on their sleeve (being polite here). I get fed up with this place at times, give threads a miss because I know its going to be full of folk raging about one thing or another or just plain avoid the forum for a while. Don't back yourself into a corner about it, have a look in a few weeks (or months, depending how long it takes us to get a win 😂) and you'll see the bipolar nature of football fans as we're queueing up to nosh off whatever player had a good game. 

Some guid sensible advice there chomp ... DFC & even the DBF, means different things to different people.

And each (when serious) can just about consume our lives at times, whilst at other times, be much less so.

There's times a DFC defeat can drag me down to somewhere dark. And other time it's that bad it becomes.

that bad it is laughable. Sometimes coming on here for support and consolation, immediately after a really

disastrous run of bad games, is not the best place to be, if you are looking for comfort or constructive posts.

Putting that aside, I'm no expert on the forum front. But for me ... It's diverse. different & up there wi the best.

"Don't back yourself into a corner about it, have a look in a few weeks (or months) depending how long it takes us to get a win" 😂...Chomp kens GL.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Goatlord is entitled to make his Armageddon post but being a football fan is a rollercoaster. I think our best run of results this century came immediately after we were humped 6-2 at the dump on New Year's Day in 2015.

If you're going to be a Dee you're going to have to suffer. We are not going to relegate the filth every week. 

Jeez, whilst I do agree, can we not just have a laugh every now and then and not take things so seriously?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Jeez, whilst I do agree, can we not just have a laugh every now and then and not take things so seriously?

You are right but it takes a couple of seconds to post on here. I could post on here that Shankland is better than Maradona but within 5 minutes I could have a dump, neck a brew and decide that Shankland is the most overrated player the since Tank.

If internet chat does your head in you need to find another hobby.

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

23 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Hey gringo, que te pasa?

Hang in there bud.

#The Exorcist

Jings Aberdee, quoting me as an example I'd suggest is maybe NO the way to go.

I am mair likely to be the cause o GL's considered departure ... rather than the cure.

But BIG Thanks anyway freend ... As a point of interest the "Happy Clappy  Club" is

now open to new members (even old members, who allowed their feelings of anger

to get the better of them. And attacked me when I tried to lock them in) will also be

reconsidered, once my hospital recovery is complete (The voices carried the vote)

• Funny 1

3 hours ago, Cobra said:

The days of Dundee breaking the transfer record by signing Billy Steel are long gone so we really need a positive support. We are one of the seven best supported clubs in Scotland but if our players are demoralised by playing at Dens we lose our advantage over the likes of Queen of the South.

Every Dee who turns up at Dens deserves praise but it's those Dees who offer their vocal support regardless of circumstances who are the real heroes.

If you boo the team before the final whistle you will, over the course of the season, cost us points.

Not this old chestnut again “it’s all the fans fault”.

Please just feckin grow up and face reality, the team and coaches are sh*t.

21 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

My only concern freend is when the suffering becomes,what appears to be endless, you then reach the stage where it becomes part of your life.

And before you know where you are, you enthusiatically look forwad to the pain. Ye've just got to watch myself. Chomp & Admin John on a Night

Out ... The Full Leather Suits may be an effort to look Stylish & be noticed. But thon Whips are used for some Serious Business at close of play.

• Funny 2

I can never understand the point of saying you are giving up a social media forum because others don't talk the way you do. Me if I get fed up with it I just leave. And you know what nobody bothers when you do. 

• Like 2

Just now, Spiritof62 said:

Not this old chestnut again “it’s all the fans fault”.

Please just feckin grow up and face reality, the team and coaches are sh*t.

The Deefiant season would not have been possible without the desire of the fans. Obviously we needed guys like GGH to deliver but the magnificent support was critical.

IMO the Dundee fans defeated the Scottish League with their energy and I think it's reasonable to say that the fans have influenced games since. We have a big club mentality and rightly so because we are a big club but we simply don't have the resources to dominate the likes of Hamilton Accies and it  benefits these wee teams when Dens demands that the Dee dominate games at home.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EuanG said:

I can never understand the point of saying you are giving up a social media forum because others don't talk the way you do. Me if I get fed up with it I just leave. And you know what nobody bothers when you do. 

Recently Euan , I've decided to use the method, whereby eh've taken a "break"

On the basis that it's only when eh'm awa "they" only realise what they are missing when I am gone)

The expectations of course is after a few days, the majority will notice my absences & start screaming for my return.

...THE b*****dS NEVER DO !!

50 minutes ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

The opening post screams of attention seeking. Go to any other football ground in the country and/or look at any other team's forum and you'll see masses of people being miserable b*****ds. 

We've had a couple of atrocious results and folk are well entitled to come on here and berate the team. The tone will change after a couple of positive results, it always does. 

A bit harsh, just because a guy gets so exasperated that he feels like leaving (and letting people know) isn't that different from other people spitting their dummy out over player X being the Antichrist. It doesn't mean the default is attention seeking.

• Like 4