Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Bye Bye

GoatLord

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

In this case, I would go along with that interpretation of the Opening Post "Exasperation"

But even if I'm wrong, I try no to be to critical. Based on we never really know the full story.

There's not much drama in that mate, not when you can just sound off and have a good old vent about the manager/players/BOD/new stadium/the illuminati or whatever. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
4 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

😂 

Not necessarily, its one post, if the poster has a history of 'look at me' posts then I'd agree with you but I wouldn't have said so in this instance. Its just possible that the poster is fed up of the rhetoric on here but cares enough to state why he's leaving. 

Not sure what you get from labelling someone as an attention seeker to be honest.

I said I thought his post was attention seeking, which I stand by, his posting history has no bearing on that. 

I'll just leave it there and we can agree to disagree, it's a daft and pointless argument and I'll just end up backing up the point he was making about this place being negative 👀

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

There's not much drama in that mate, not when you can just sound off and have a good old vent about the manager/players/BOD/new stadium/the illuminati or whatever. 

I guess I'll have to work harder on that side of my temperament freend.

Maybe awe these beatings at Margaret's hands have finally broken me.

Ye've certainly gave me plenty to think aboot I've got my daunder up noo.

9 hours ago, Cobra said:

You are right but it takes a couple of seconds to post on here. I could post on here that Shankland is better than Maradona but within 5 minutes I could have a dump, neck a brew and decide that Shankland is the most overrated player the since Tank.

If internet chat does your head in you need to find another hobby.

Haha. If this ever becomes a hobby then it is definitely time to find something else. Whilst I like to look in for the humour and to get the mood of my fellow Dees from time to time I think there is a limit beyond which it becomes a prerequisite to schizophrenia. There are some that show  the signs 🤪

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

I think there is a limit beyond which it becomes a prerequisite to schizophrenia. There are some that show  the signs 

I refuse to accept that diagnosis until I've had a full, frank, open discussion with ... "My Voices"

"No nurse, it's not the time to take my medication & can you not see I am chairing a meeting here?"

• Funny 2

My take on it....

If we believe we are one of the 6th/7th biggest clubs in Scotland then the players have to take the rough with the smooth.

Playing at dens is far different than being a player at Livi/Hamilton etc where there is  a poor support with little expectation.

We as a fan base put the expectation on these players as we perceive ourselves to be a fairly big club in Scottish terms.

Id rather have that, where players are under pressure to perform every week rather than an easy ride at say Livi...

Always remember the challenge cup final at Mcdiarmid when the players went off to a chorus of boos and abuse, we had over 6,000 fans there who were letting these players know it just wasn’t good enough....the rest is history.

I hate the shouts 2 minutes in....especially the personal abuse at the usual suspects, but if these players representing our club are perceived as not pulling there weight or performing poorly, then us as fans are well within our rights to criticise at half time say to give them the message “it’s not good enough”

Anyway still positive about the season ahead, and hopefully far more cheers than grumblings....

14 hours ago, Valentke said:

Seemed way OTT to me. A forum is just a load of opinions and it would die if they were all the same. 

Challenge or ignore if you don’t agree with fellow posters - no need to take the cream puff with an official announcement.  

100% this.

Edited by Prince Buster

23 hours ago, GoatLord said:

Right, I’m out of here. It’s a tough thing being a Dee these days....and has been for a few seasons . But, my God, it’s much harder when I waste my time with the torrent of drivel that passes as “passionate debate” on here.

Whether it’s the anti-Cammy Kerr squad (sure, he’s no world beater but we’re a championship club and there are plenty premier teams would be happy to have him) or any number of misguided, repetitive ranters, I’ve had my fill.

Todd and McDaid seem to be the main “Elgin scapegoats” from what I’ve seen from some. I think they’re decent...McDaid has taken a man on and beaten him more times this season than Danny Williams managed over the entirety of his contract. Todd has featured occasionally but looks to me to have two good feet and a decent physique.

Anyway, I could go on...but I won’t. I’ll confine my conversations about my team to fellow Aberdeen Dark Blues who at least manage to bring a modicum of balance and sense to their comments.

Goodbye

That's a shame bud. 

I have a lot of time for and travelled with the ADBs in the 80's.

IMO if you want a no-holes-barred, honest view of DFC right now, week on week   - I recommend these guys (but you may not like what you hear based on your comments above).

https://provieroadpod.com/category/podcasts/

Edited by Dondeh

1 hour ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Personally think we're being a wee bit harsh on the OP. Everyone who posts does so in order to seek attention from other posters, if we didn't then what would be the point in posting?. Ultimately we all want other posters to give attention to our posts. 

We all appreciate it when someone gives us a like/gold star or a response that backs up our view.

Personally I've got more respect for GoatLord taking the time to say why he's off than I do for the numerous "I said he was sh**e when he signed" how right am I posts we see. Maybe GoatLords implied 'miserable b*****ds' has got to some egos. 

• Like 1
  • Star Post 3

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

We all appreciate it when someone gives us a like/gold star or a response that backs up our view.

Personally I've got more respect for GoatLord taking the time to say why he's off than I do for the numerous "I said he was sh**e when he signed" how right am I posts we see. Maybe GoatLords implied 'miserable b*****ds' has got to some egos. 

As I said challenge or ignore - I try to ignore the I told you so posts but sometimes I can’t help myself. Still think it was way OTT but it’s caused a distraction from the gloom. 

Adblock Detected