The Dark Blues
Double Blue

The Cost of Watching Scottish Football

Rate this topic

I did see that Headline, but withoot reading it, I thought it was a bit of a Non-Story  "No big surprises there"

As you say/suggest yoursel Double Blue, all fans know what they are paying & probably think it's too much.

Rehashed 'reporting' from about a month ago. Same news, different day. I'll put £50 on this topic goes the exact same as the last one did.

People will say it's too expensive but they "go out of habit/love". Folk will say they won't be renewing, they will. 

On 11/09/2019 at 13:00, WeighorstsWang said:

Rehashed 'reporting' from about a month ago. Same news, different day. I'll put £50 on this topic goes the exact same as the last one did.

People will say it's too expensive but they "go out of habit/love". Folk will say they won't be renewing, they will. 

I have been one who will not RENEW due to the Cost 

When the Americans came in they increased the price of my Season ticket from £170 to £230 I am a Pensioner a whooping £60 increase I wrote to Dens  Got No Reply so I did not Renew 

My first game was in 1944 Dundee against the British Army since then I followed the Dee Home and away when they resumed after the War I watched some of the best Players ever to lace there boots at Dens Park Charlie Cook a Wizard who could turn on a sixpence  ,Albert Juliussen the Record Goal Scorer at Dens Park who has Never been Recognized for his Goal scoring by Dundee and his fete will never bee Passed , I have Video's going back to the 1990's that I never watch ,I got my first Season ticket when they first came out in the 1970's and I kept Renewing even when I could not go to Dens Due to Bad Health One year I was never at a game due to my Health But I kept my Season ticket going  as I was aware that the Club needed the Money , I have only been to watch one Game in the Past two years and I will never go Back to watch  another Game , the Americans By putting up the Price Of my Season Ticket have put me Off watching Football all together for Life I have no interest in Dundee FC or Football in general  now , may I say that again I will never return, Example £16 to Watch Alloa on Saturday the 14th /092019 for a Pensioner , that is My Point .

Once they Leave they will Not Return that is the saying in My Case Too True .

22 minutes ago, Deeteck said:

I have been one who will not RENEW due to the Cost 

When the Americans came in they increased the price of my Season ticket from £170 to £230 I am a Pensioner a whooping £60 increase I wrote to Dens  Got No Reply so I did not Renew 

My first game was in 1944 Dundee against the British Army since then I followed the Dee Home and away when they resumed after the War I watched some of the best Players ever to lace there boots at Dens Park Charlie Cook a Wizard who could turn on a sixpence  ,Albert Juliussen the Record Goal Scorer at Dens Park who has Never been Recognized for his Goal scoring by Dundee and his fete will never bee Passed , I have Video's going back to the 1990's that I never watch ,I got my first Season ticket when they first came out in the 1970's and I kept Renewing even when I could not go to Dens Due to Bad Health One year I was never at a game due to my Health But I kept my Season ticket going  as I was aware that the Club needed the Money , I have only been to watch one Game in the Past two years and I will never go Back to watch  another Game , the Americans By putting up the Price Of my Season Ticket have put me Off watching Football all together for Life I have no interest in Dundee FC or Football in general  now , may I say that again I will never return, Example £16 to Watch Alloa on Saturday the 14th /092019 for a Pensioner , that is My Point .

Once they Leave they will Not Return that is the saying in My Case Too True .

If you have no interest in DFC or football why are you on here?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Thank You For Your Comment I was a Dundee Supporter and WW said that they say they will not be Back But they will and I have been a Member here since 2014 Just Making a point that once a Supporter Leaves it is Harder to get them back 

I hope I Have Not Hurt your Feelings 

41 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Weel Billy ... That comment above is straight to the point.

Although I accept it is certainly not the most "lifting" and positve post I have read in the past few days, is he not still entitled to his point of view?

Maybe he'll respond or maybe he'll not...But I kinda feel he has did enough in his past years of DFC support, to be allowed to express an opinion.

2 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Weel Billy ... That comment above is straight to the point.

Although I accept it is certainly not the most "lifting" and positve post I have read in the past few days, is he not still entitled to his point of view?

Maybe he'll respond or maybe he'll not...But I kinda feel he has did enough in his past years of DFC support, to be allowed to express an opinion.

Gedee ---I supported Dundee From 1944 until 2013 

And  as you said surely I have did enough to at least Post a View    Thank You

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Deeteck said:

Gedee ---I supported Dundee From 1944 until 2013 

And  as you said surely I have did enough to at least Post a View    Thank You

Weel DeeTeck ... Although eh'm mair fae one o' the "Younger Group" eh like to show respect, tae you "Auld Ains"

As lang as ye dinnae start haverin' aboot yir...Organic tomatoes, re-cycled & reinforced long-johns & thon voices.

2 minutes ago, Gedee said:

Weel DeeTeck ... Although eh'm mair fae one o' the "Younger Group" eh like to show respect, tae you "Auld Ains"

As lang as ye dinnae start haverin' aboot yir...Organic tomatoes, re-cycled & reinforced long-johns & thon voices.

Gedee I hope you and Others have a very Successful Season with Dundee FC I have saw the Best Players in my time But My day has gone 

Due to Posters like BTG who does not Understand where I was coming from I will No Longer visit this Forum Again I do Not like to waste the Time of Anyone 

25 minutes ago, Deeteck said:

Gedee I hope you and Others have a very Successful Season with Dundee FC I have saw the Best Players in my time But My day has gone 

Due to Posters like BTG who does not Understand where I was coming from I will No Longer visit this Forum Again I do Not like to waste the Time of Anyone 

Deeteck when you get to a certain age...eh wi born in 1942 you've got tae dae whit's best for yirsel & those family & friends that are close around you.

So if you feel for whatever reason, forum's no for you, that is your choice. But personally, taking into account I no longer get to games, because of isues

around health, distance, time & travel etc, I find this particular forum a godsend. Why no gie yirsel a wee break, then Rolll alang wi' the bad and the good.

1 hour ago, Deeteck said:

Thank You For Your Comment I was a Dundee Supporter and WW said that they say they will not be Back But they will and I have been a Member here since 2014 Just Making a point that once a Supporter Leaves it is Harder to get them back 

I hope I Have Not Hurt your Feelings 

Not at all and I was not being rude but just could not understand the contradiction in your post of having no interest in DFC or football?

I think my query was a fair one and had no malice intended.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Not at all and I was not being rude but just could not understand the contradiction in your post of having no interest in DFC or football?

I think my query was a fair one and had no malice intended.

I have to be honest and admit my first thought on reading Deeteck's post was, if he has no interest in Dundee FC or football, then why would he be looking at a Dundee Football Club forum?

5 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Jesus Christ. 

Eh?

It's no great surprise than we are charging more than Mickey Mouse top flight clubs likes Livi and Accies, who will eventually return to where they belong.

Dundee and United can't afford to hand out peasant wages and be chilled about the prospect of dropping to the third division. We need to act like a top flight clubs to retain a top flight support. 

I’m on holiday in Copenhagen which most folk consider to be a ridiculously expensive place to stay but have managed to get a ticket for the Brøndby game tomorrow afternoon for 90 DKK which is less than £11.  If I had still been here on Thursday night I could have got a ticket for the UEFA cup for FC Copenhagen for about £14.  I’ve watched Dutch football and Austrian football for much the same price and have to say the quality on Holland and Austria was way above Scottish football for half the price.  Scottish prices are just ridiculous and the attendances prove the point with even posters like the chap above saying enough is enough and I have to admit I don’t go to as many games as I used to as I find the price hard to justify to myself.  I’ve said before standard ticket prices shouldn’t be more than two hours of the minimum wage and have never found anyone that didn’t think that sounded fair.  If your standard working man or woman has to work close on half a day to go to the football for two hours on a Saturday or almost a full day to take his whole family there is something perversely wrong with the ticket prices.  

• Like 3

I think that is probably a barrier to some folk that won’t be crossed but personally I think it’s still a bit too high.  I think closer to £15 as I say 2 hours work would psychologically be a selling point.  Even if you don’t have a great paid job and the family/mortgage/bills etc eat a lot of your cash it’s staying late for a couple of hours to pay for a treat or doing an extra shift to allow you and the kids to go to the derby and a big cup game.  Chris Boyd had a long rant on Sky about football being a middle class sport for kids with the cost of hiring pitches etc but it’s a middle class sport in the stands due to ticket prices.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Sensible said:

Would posters find £20 more acceptable than the present prices?

They should let me in free.... I personally don't give a flying fuck about you people! 😂

🤭

• Funny 2