Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gensy

Wattie Rojas

I've got to say as calamitous as some of his defending was I'd 💯% rather him as 3rd pick centre half than meekings.

Tbh I struggle to think of a handful of good performances from him since he signed.

He's slow, can't turn, can't pass and isnt great in the air against big strikers. Above all he ball watches constantly.

I'd ban him from the weights and get him to lose some muscle so he can get around the pitch better. 

I'd also get him practising his forward pass. Every single time he gets it he looks sideways instead of forward, slowing down the play unnecessarily.

Then I'd get Jimmy nic to give him individual coaching on how to watch for the opponent not the ball. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
7 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I've got to say as calamitous as some of his defending was I'd 💯% rather him as 3rd pick centre half than meekings.

Tbh I struggle to think of a handful of good performances from him since he signed.

He's slow, can't turn, can't pass and isnt great in the air against big strikers. Above all he ball watches constantly.

I'd ban him from the weights and get him to lose some muscle so he can get around the pitch better. 

I'd also get him practising his forward pass. Every single time he gets it he looks sideways instead of forward, slowing down the play unnecessarily.

Then I'd get Jimmy nic to give him individual coaching on how to watch for the opponent not the ball. 

The day I reminisce about Genseric Kusunga is the day I give up. 😉 

Agree with every word about Meekings though. 

• Funny 2

9 hours ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Got to agree with all of that.  I would also add in a lack of communication and it must be nearly a full house.  The ball watching thing reminds me of when I'm telling my young lad (who plays CB) that he has to learn to keep an eye on his man and also on what's happening in front of him.  If you pick it up early enough I think it becomes 2nd nature.  Meekings has either always had a weakness in this aspect of his play or he's lost it (temporarily I hope) owing to a lack of a significant run of games.  Unless he improves he will cost us goals.  He might prevent a few with some last ditch blocks but that is in his job description - being a chronic ball watcher isn't.

• Star Post 1

35 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Would anyone take Julen back for a season as cover. He was injured heaps for us but he played almost a full season in Spain last season. He knows the club and Scottish football and was half decent.

Yes I would pay for his airfare and throw in Gadz as well all deemed no good by a good few but would be starters now 

• Like 1

Adblock Detected