Jump to content
The Dark Blues
jack12895

'Emergency Loan Conditions'

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Noticed Killie have signed another keeper leaving Jamie MacDonald surplus to requirements.

What would be the conditons we would need to meet to sign someone on an 'Emergency Loan'

Ferrie is only suspended and we do have the youngster, however if we met any sort of conditions to bring in a keeper I'd def take him (and as No 1)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take it Ferrie didn't impress then on Sunday? 

Despite the criticism, it looks like Hamilton is the best keeper we have at the club.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I take it Ferrie didn't impress then on Sunday? 

Despite the criticism, it looks like Hamilton is the best keeper we have at the club.  

He wasn't really tested tbf. Took a couple of crosses and cleared a couple of really sh**e passbacks.

Could do nothing for the first but I think a more experienced keeper would have maybe stopped and just let Elgin score for the second but that's about the only thing and he was dammed either way.

Ferrie will have a good career IMO but just needs to work on his kicking I reckon. I still think he'll be fine if he needs to come into the team for whatever reason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I take it Ferrie didn't impress then on Sunday? 

Despite the criticism, it looks like Hamilton is the best keeper we have at the club.  

Done all that was asked of him. Sending off was harsh imo.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But is he suspended from league or next seasons Tunnocks if we don't get promotion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Densparker said:

But is he suspended from league or next seasons Tunnocks if we don't get promotion?

Straight red but they're really taking the biscuit if they suspend him in the league, our squads wafer thin as it is.

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I take it Ferrie didn't impress then on Sunday? 

Despite the criticism, it looks like Hamilton is the best keeper we have at the club.  

Wow 😮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dondeh said:

Wow 😮

I still find it hard to belive we paid a very good fee (in dundee terms) for Hamilton - is his contract up at end of season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CC33 said:

I still find it hard to belive we paid a very good fee (in dundee terms) for Hamilton - is his contract up at end of season

No idea mate.

NM's primary signing of the 2018 summer transfer window.

Beggars belief.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

No idea mate.

NM's primary signing of the 2018 summer transfer window.

Beggars belief.

I heard from a good source (this time im being serious) that we did indeed pay a 6 figuire sum for him.

Whats Speroni up to these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CC33 said:

I still find it hard to belive we paid a very good fee (in dundee terms) for Hamilton - is his contract up at end of season

Another season after this one - three year deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OCDee said:

Another season after this one - three year deal.

He will be paid off. Good keeper or bad keeper he is now tainted with being a bad one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, harry94 said:

He wasn't really tested tbf. Took a couple of crosses and cleared a couple of really sh**e passbacks.

Could do nothing for the first but I think a more experienced keeper would have maybe stopped and just let Elgin score for the second but that's about the only thing and he was dammed either way.

Ferrie will have a good career IMO but just needs to work on his kicking I reckon. I still think he'll be fine if he needs to come into the team for whatever reason.

needs to work on his kicking

 

Sorry Harry but I don't see how you can say that,  every one of his kicks stayed on the park unlike Hamilton whose every other kick goes straight out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Travellingdee said:

needs to work on his kicking

 

Sorry Harry but I don't see how you can say that,  every one of his kicks stayed on the park unlike Hamilton whose every other kick goes straight out.

I was more commenting on his loan spell at Stirling where it was highlighted consistently as a slight weakness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, harry94 said:

I was more commenting on his loan spell at Stirling where it was highlighted consistently as a slight weakness.

I thought you might have been remembering some of the young lad's kick-outs, and thinking they were Ferrie's....I'd guess the young lad was more than slightly surprised to find himself on the pitch, and understandably nervous, when the whole defence had lost the place.

Ferrie did hit a couple of poor ones, he 'chipped' the ball wide to Meekings not long before their first goal & put him under pressure (Meekings signalled to Ferrie to get it up the park instead of short), and did he not mishit (up in the air) the clearance that was headed back & led to the red & 2nd goal. However, at that stage, our defence/midfield looked totally 'lost' & failing to communicate together....a really poor start to the half....and otherwise, I thought Ferrie was sound enough. 

I think you missed crediting him with a great first-half save, the header going in just under the bar, centre of goal...just got his fingers to it when it was behind him. He's a young keeper who needs game time to gain experience, maybe a dilemma for the boss, just now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, J_Kitamirike said:

I take it Ferrie didn't impress then on Sunday? 

If you watched the game, you would know that yourself! 😝

In all honesty, he had little to do throughout most of his time on the pitch, and could do little to prevent the goals. I think that his red was pretty harsh and was left with no choice to come off his line.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CC33 said:

I heard from a good source (this time im being serious) that we did indeed pay a 6 figuire sum for him.

Whats Speroni up to these days

Didn't we pay over £200k for him?

Speroni, oh please there is more chance that you or I will be in goal for Man City next season than him coming back to us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Didn't we pay over £200k for him?

Speroni, oh please there is more chance that you or I will be in goal for Man City next season than him coming back to us.

I'm sure the figure quoted by 'sources' was £100k.....but BCG knows, from over-the-counter chat with Mr Levein. I'm sure he'll be along to advise, eventually.

I'd thought - but may be wrong - that we had to pay a few because Hamilton had been at Hearts from youth level, under the 'development compensation' rules?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I'm sure the figure quoted by 'sources' was £100k.....but BCG knows, from over-the-counter chat with Mr Levein. I'm sure he'll be along to advise, eventually.

I'd thought - but may be wrong - that we had to pay a few because Hamilton had been at Hearts from youth level, under the 'development compensation' rules?

I remember at the time they said it was an undisclosed fee, but then reported later how much it cost us... I was sure it was over £200k (I hope not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I remember at the time they said it was an undisclosed fee, but then reported later how much it cost us... I was sure it was over £200k (I hope not).

BCG....your 'inside knowledge' is required here....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.