The Dark Blues
UWTB1893

News: Dorrans a Target for Dundee?

Rate this topic

Dangerous signing given his injury record. Teams will want him as he’s a very good player when fit, however he’s no use in the stands.! Would have to be short term to reduce the risk so can’t see it happening.

23 minutes ago, BigG said:

Dangerous signing given his injury record. Teams will want him as he’s a very good player when fit, however he’s no use in the stands.! Would have to be short term to reduce the risk so can’t see it happening.

Just till end of season I feel.

Would be a similar signing to when we brought in Kevin Thomson and he did alright for us when he was fit.  However, staying injury free would be the biggest challenge in a division where the referees are quite happy to see Dundee players kicked off the park, yet if a Dundee player makes a similar challenge they are immediately booked.  I'm probably wearing dark blue tinted glasses but that's what I see happening week in, week out.  Signing Dorrans would therefore be a huge risk as he would get absolutely no protection from referees.  Would love to see us taking the risk all the same just to see him in the dark blue.

• Like 1

I read that he has other offers on the table. My question is if he is that good why has he not already been signed by anyone. Could it be his injury situation or does he expect more than clubs feel is worthwhile? 

42 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Just till end of season I feel.

It’s Nelms handing out contracts, therefore 3 year deal. 

Hopefully he'd be interested in a season-long or even 6-month contract to get back on his feet in the game. If it happens it could potentially be a massive boost.

So another, will be fantastic for us... if fit! 😂

The long-term friendship between JMcP & Dorrans might well convince him to settle for a 'rehab season' in a lower league, at a modest price....I'd be surprised if Killie's new manager would give him much game time, given the comments from Kiltie & Broadfoot re his lack of patience with recovering players....and if a club like Bolton, who still need to add to their squad, were to sign him, he'd be needing to perform at a high level, week-after-week.

In a 'normal' situation, I'd think Dorrans is well outside our budget, but given JMcP seems to have dropped interest in King, this would appear to be an option with a bit of potential. We'd need to be prepared for him to be less than 100% fit though.

JMcP will, of course, play down any interest he has, and his references to budget are no surprise, in that respect.  

On 12/09/2019 at 14:58, Mev said:

Would be a similar signing to when we brought in Kevin Thomson and he did alright for us when he was fit.  However, staying injury free would be the biggest challenge in a division where the referees are quite happy to see Dundee players kicked off the park, yet if a Dundee player makes a similar challenge they are immediately booked.  I'm probably wearing dark blue tinted glasses but that's what I see happening week in, week out.  Signing Dorrans would therefore be a huge risk as he would get absolutely no protection from referees.  Would love to see us taking the risk all the same just to see him in the dark blue.

Thomson was a class above, when fit, some of his tackles were awesome..... Dorrans, again is a big risk, and he will be rusty to say the least, however you cannot hide talent.....  If we have the budget of course he would be make a difference........ however IMO a defender is required to provide back up to the usual two. Meekings isn't reliable that is for sure.