Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Aftermath: Dundee 2 - 1 Allow (Home, 14th Sep 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Would have liked to have seen the Dee producing a dominant win but any three points gained in this league is a good three points because there are no mugs in the division.

Pleasing that we saw out the win. You're a wee bit vulnerable being a goal up in the closing minutes so needed to show a bit of character.

We will get stronger as the season progresses so if the Unbeatables don't pull away they might find themselves back in the good old play-offs, where they belong, missing penalties and shedding tears.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Dundee beat Alloa to win three points at home.

Johnson opens the scoring in the second minute. Alloa equalise 8 minutes later when Dick toe pokes the ball past Hamilton right hand side.

Dundee went 2 - 1 ahead in the 39th minute when McGee blasts the ball past McDonald's right hand side.

Jordon McGee was judged to have brought Cawley and is award a penalty. However, Hamilton guesses right and saves.

Full-time: Dundee 2 - 1 Alloa

Was it not Byrne who brought the lad down for pen 

You don't often get quality performances in this league. Teams are too stuffy and not many open games. 3 points are all that matters. Personally I can see past our shortfalls if we get a win as the team has had plenty criticism in defeat

Let's just enjoy the carlsberg Saturday 🙂

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Parcbara said:

Have to agree about the midfield. Slow, sideways. Lots of touches, no drive whatsoever. We are desperately lacking a driving midfielder. Nobody shoots from midfield either. McDade , whilst having potential, provides very little quality from wide positions. His crossing is abysmal. Glad to get three points, but uninspiring for most of the game.Our defence still looks poor dealing with cross balls. I thought Hamilton was decent.

Your post, sums up this season to date perfectly, just can't disagree, with any of your points.

5 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Some of the abuse on twitter pre-match about the formation shows a serious lack of understanding of where our issues have been this season. I'd loved to have seen 2 up top with two wide players today producing great football, loads of chances and a hatful of goals. Odds on more than half of those goals would have come at the wrong end though.

Decent win today but some folk still think we should just steamroll teams in this league every week because we are Dundee.

Arbroath got a good point yesterday, Ayr beat the best team in the universe pretty easily and Dunfermline have gained 2 points all season. At some point people will realise that there are no diddy teams in this league and be thankful for decent displays like today.

...or maybe not.

Agree mate, was shaking my head at the Facebook comments on the team pre match.. 

It’s like have they been watching us play with the two up top and are just blindly hoping it’ll click. 

Tbh I think a lot think 2 strikers automatically mean goals goals goals but yeah unfortunately usually against us because we’re left exposed in other areas of the pitch.

just shows you as fans we think we know best all the time but the reality is some usually go with our heart instead of our head.. (I include myself in that at times too btw haha) been there! 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 2

Adblock Detected