Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Lack of Height

Wattie Rojas

Lack of height and strength in the team is evident. I'll bet you every oppo manager in the league has highlighted this as our main weakness.

Only Forster and McGhee are decent in the air. Cammy isn't strong enough to hold boys off, Ness can't jump, Marshall, Finn and gowser are tiny. It's compounded by a keeper who doesn't often come off his line.

Do we bring in Mackie and Meekings? Marshall has been very good so far so harsh to drop him. Meekings all round form hasn't been good so do you bring him on and put McGhee at RB?

For me you can't play Finn and gowser in the same side if you have marshall playing. 

More questions than answers.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Lack of height and strength in the team is evident. I'll bet you every oppo manager in the league has highlighted this as our main weakness.

Only Forster and McGhee are decent in the air. Cammy isn't strong enough to hold boys off, Ness can't jump, Marshall, Finn and gowser are tiny. It's compounded by a keeper who doesn't often come off his line.

Do we bring in Mackie and Meekings? Marshall has been very good so far so harsh to drop him. Meekings all round form hasn't been good so do you bring him on and put McGhee at RB?

For me you can't play Finn and gowser in the same side if you have marshall playing. 

Valid questions nonetheless.

We have Nicholl, MacKay and Strachan. Enough experience to address/answer/solve every one. 

Edited by Dondeh

34 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Valid questions nonetheless.

We have Nicholl, MacKay and Strachan. Enough experience to address/answer/solve every one. 

Strachan has nothing to do with the first team and is only here for the youth setup.

MacKay is a coach and would probably have little say in the team selection.

That would leave Nicholl's as the only main input for McPake (Even though he probably would ask for Strachan's advice).

You can give someone all the help and advice you want, doesn't mean they will act on it.

4 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

More good questions. 

So, let's rule out MacKay and Strachan. 

Jimmy Nicholl................ your time starts, now. 

Has huge experience. And a track record and respect from his peers that suggests, give him time, and he'll help McPake get it right.

But then, very few are interested in giving anyone any time.

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Think you are being kind to Cammy there, Wattie.  He can tackle but is weak in the air and under pressure. We certainly don't do well when Robertson and McGowan are together in our midfield, certainly when we  face battling midfield opponents. I doubt that we will see much of Ness this season. he is always out with injuries and that appears to be continuing. Meetings is a risk. Marshall has been very good. I think we would be better with McGhee at right back, if we had a better centre half to pair with Forster. Our midfield is poor defensively which exposes our fullbacks as teams seek to cross balls into our box, and ineffective as an attacking force, which makes our forwards look awful. Dorrans aside, with only a doubt about his fitness, we haven't rebuilt our midfield well at all, especially the centre of it, so teams crowd us out, grab a goal and can be reasonably confident that we wont get many chances. The youngster  Robertson is a player and should be being helped into his career.  He doesn't  get much help though and carries more of a burden than is reasonable.

Adblock Detected