Formation 4-4-2

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

9 hours ago, paulitto said:

Vs St Johnstone.

Dee win 4-2

Hemmings x 2 Nelson with one and unsure of the other scorer

Formation 4-4-2

OK ... Maybe no quite time, to play the mass pipes & drums, and to align the Provie Road withe  "buntin" yet.

But a win over St J. (even in closed doors game) Four goals scored by DFC, &  Hemmings & Nelson involved.

Raises spirits & gives us a wee bit hope & lifts players confidence. As post 2, Take these goals to Dumfries :)

• Like 1

Any idea why? Seems random? 

1 hour ago, Derry Drummer said:

To work on things in a real scenario. Bring Dorrans into play and get him matchfit? Lots of reasons I would think.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gedee said:

OK ... Maybe no quite time, to play the mass pipes & drums, and to align the Provie Road withe  "buntin" yet.

But a win over St J. (even in closed doors game) Four goals scored by DFC, &  Hemmings & Nelson involved.

Raises spirits & gives us a wee bit hope & lifts players confidence. As post 2, Take these goals to Dumfries :)

Just as mentioned match fitness against what is still a top team who always what to be us at any level is a confidence boost.

4 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

To work on things in a real scenario. Bring Dorrans into play and get him matchfit? Lots of reasons I would think.

I think there was an increase in these closed-doors bounce games from about a couple of seasons ago, with limits on players ages in the Development League....and the failed Reserve League. It's a good way to get game time for fringe players, get injury recoveries back up to match fitness. I'm sure the managers also test out some new tactics as well.

Occasionally, we hear about them, if someone happens to talk to a player, or someone at the club....but I think most happen 'on the quiet', which I guess suits both clubs involved.

• Like 1

Do you have a teamlist? Wonder how strong St J were?

Edited by eyeothedug

2 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Do you have a teamlist? Wonder how strong St J were?

Not got a clue mate