Jump to content
The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
harry94

Queen of the South V Dundee

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

So, who is all in for the long journey through to Dumfries on Friday?

Queen of the South sit three points below us and have looked a bit inconsistent but have the danger of an ex Dundee player in Faissal up top who you can see being well up for this one.

Just to start us off team wise, I'd go:

Hamilton

Cammy McGhee Forster Marshall

McDaid Byrne Robertson McPake

Hemmings Johnson

Same pace of play from the first half on Saturday, with plenty of switching, but sacrificing Gowser just because a few of the good chances on Saturday around the penalty box fell to him and it felt like he was a bit pointless in those positions - he's deffo got a role but I think the midfield two should be good enough to dominate this game between them so we can afford the change. Please no magical mystery formations and keep two wingers on the park.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Forster Marshall

McDaid Dorrans Robertson Byrne/McPake

Hemmings Nelson/Johnson

Like Morton, QoS are in a bad run of form coming into our game. I just want a decent performance where we control the majority of the game, and for the love of god, score a goal or two. Get the win, get out of Dumfries and get ready for Arbroath's shitfest. 2-1 the Dee.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Forster Marshall

McDaid Dorrans Robertson Byrne/McPake

Hemmings Nelson/Johnson

Like Morton, QoS are in a bad run of form coming into our game. I just want a decent performance where we control the majority of the game, and for the love of god, score a goal or two. Get the win, get out of Dumfries and get ready for Arbroath's shitfest. 2-1 the Dee.

Probably but think Harry has factored the match fitness of Dorrans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Neverapenref said:

Probably but think Harry has factored the match fitness of Dorrans.

Fine by me, I'm just spitballing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have Dorrans playing narrow RM with Byrne and Finn CM. Mcdaid LM. Nelson and hemmings up top.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living in Bristol I will be watching the game on BBC Scotland. My nerves will probably be shattered so maybe see my GP for a prescription of anti anxiety medication 😳. My wife cut my hair - grade 1 last week- so no hair to pull out. Hopefully there will be a smile on my face and a happy weekend. Come on Dundee do us proud. Always and forever a Dee till I die.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Until we can get the midfield sorted out I'd stick with 5 in there. It means we stay competitive and gives us plenty of the ball. I think right now that 4 in midfield, for whatever reason, leaves the game too open. I'd rather we were picking up points and at least staying in touch with the front runners than going all out for the win when we know that we've got problems and are vulnerable on the counter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WESTENDDEE said:

Would definitely leave Cammy out.

Forster and Meekings at centre back against Faissal and Dobbie gives me the fear, especially if we go with a 4 man midfield. I think continuity of selection at the ball will give us a more confident defence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, WESTENDDEE said:

Would definitely leave Cammy out.

Cert . His head is gone and McGhee will move across to RB and Meekings will come in 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loose end yesterday so looked at a few QOS messageboards.

They are in a more "doom and gloom" place than we are.

Loads of calls for the managers head as he is "clueless".

Theme of a incomplete squad full of players "not good enough".

Concern that Dobbie not back to anyplace near his best following a bit of time injured.

Only 2 league goals scored all season. Home crowds of circa 1300.

Have lost at home to Alloa, drew at Arbroath, dismal display at ICT last week when their keeper's display stopped it being 5 or 6.

Expectations are low; focus on the forum is what Arbroath and Alloa do each week, real fear of a relegation battle again this year.

Don't want to jinx this but I think this is the ideal game to get back on the bike; no big away support to effect our anxiety levels, no huge home support (even less due to 7pm KO and on TV) to make it a hostile atmosphere, and man for man superior squad.

Get the tactics right and i can't see us not winning. 1 up top (Johnston would be my choice), with an energetic, mobile midfield to run beyond, around and link with him whilst protecting the back 4....that should ensure most of the possesion (1st half at Cappielow) and exploit the better quality of our forward players.

Let's get into these Yokels. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We should play with two forwards. 

451 hasn't been much of a success either lately so time to change it up. We need the quality of Hemmings in our team. He's no good struck on the bench.

The will have Dobbie, who is in very poor form just now and El Bak. 

I have a feeling we will target Holt. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who remembers that Scottish Cup quarter-final at Palmerston a decade ago? I was pissed off that we had a threadbare squad partly because of injuries and partly because of Alex Rae's ill-disciplined players getting themselves suspended.

I was hopeful that Derek Lyle might do the business against his old club, but then the news broke... Lyle had fallen through a glass table and so couldn't play!

It's surprising that Dundee team got so close to Hampden though. This was our team on the day... Samson, Worrell, Palenik, Malone, Dixon, Cowan, McHale, Noubissie, Daquin, Zemlik, Davidson. Subs: Rae, Roy, Clark, O'Brien, Sturm

I mind at the start of that season a lot of Dees were convinced that teams in our league wouldn't be able to live with our two giants up front Sturm and Zemlik. Sadly things turned out differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WESTENDDEE said:

Would definitely leave Cammy out.

11 against 10 em, we will struggle.🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

Cert . His head is gone and McGhee will move across to RB and Meekings will come in 

I'd agree with that if it wasn't Meekings coming in.  Where is Meekings btw?.

Edited by Dondeh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

I'd agree with that if it wasn't Meekings coming in.  Where is Meekings btw?.

Hiding, guys not up to it. Can’t be arsed. Would love to be proven wrong. 

Sorry Dondeh, just popped on to post that I was really looking forward a composed and organised Dundee performance on the telly on Friday and a comfortable win. Then I saw that word, Meekings, on the latest post. It’s like some form of chat room Tourette’s overcame me. There has to be a medical term for that. 

Edited by Aberdee
Chat room Tourette’s
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Hiding, guys not up to it. Can’t be arsed. Would love to be proven wrong. 

Sorry Dondeh, just popped on to post that I was really looking forward a composed and organised Dundee performance on the telly on Friday and a comfortable win. Then I saw that word, Meekings, on the latest post. It’s like some form of chat room Tourette’s overcame me. There has to be a medical term for that. 

He is not hiding, he is away due to a family issue. It can happen to even the best of us :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cobra said:

Who remembers that Scottish Cup quarter-final at Palmerston a decade ago? I was pissed off that we had a threadbare squad partly because of injuries and partly because of Alex Rae's ill-disciplined players getting themselves suspended.

I was hopeful that Derek Lyle might do the business against his old club, but then the news broke... Lyle had fallen through a glass table and so couldn't play!

It's surprising that Dundee team got so close to Hampden though. This was our team on the day... Samson, Worrell, Palenik, Malone, Dixon, Cowan, McHale, Noubissie, Daquin, Zemlik, Davidson. Subs: Rae, Roy, Clark, O'Brien, Sturm

I mind at the start of that season a lot of Dees were convinced that teams in our league wouldn't be able to live with our two giants up front Sturm and Zemlik. Sadly things turned out differently.

Yeah unfortunately I do, I mind being gutted cause I found out my dad had went with his mate and didn’t take me and I really wanted to go haha.. but in the end I was glad I didn’t.. remember them scoring from their own half after Samson came up for a corner in a desperate attempt to salvage a replay.. but 2-0 it was.. 

the quarter final against Raith in 2010 at dens was worse for me though.. don’t think I’ve been so gutted after a game, really thought we’d win that with the team we had, but they were 2-0 up after 10 minutes..

just shows ya, even having superior players isn’t everything in this league. Hard graft, organisation and fighting quality goes a long way.

Edited by Derrygunner
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

He is not hiding, he is away due to a family issue. It can happen to even the best of us :)

 

That would explain things in the short term but I have never believed he has the desire to be a regular for the club and wrote him off during his injury period and I don’t see his return to the team any differently. His Dundee days were over long ago.   

Apologies for my lack of sympathy but, as you say, it happens to the best of us and most of us still have to keep working. You deal with it and carry on, that’s reality. 

Like I say, would love to be proven wrong but can’t see that. 

Edited by Aberdee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hamilton 

Mcghee meekings Forster Marshall 

Byrne Robertson Ness 

Dorrans 

Nelson hemmings 

Mcpake will more than likely play Johnson in place of hemmings 

Edited by ThelegendthatisBeto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.