Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Queen of the South V Dundee

harry94

3 minutes ago, Edin_Dee said:

QotS are not in good form so great opportunity to get 3 points and that first away win in the league this season. Players should be right up for it after blowing the chance to win against Morton. The fear in this game though is of Faissal coming back to haunt us and of course Dobbie.

I'd like to see us go with the same setup as we started with in Greenock but with a couple of player changes. Control the game in midfield and we should create chances.

I'd bring Todd in for McDaid. Not been that impressed with McDaid so far and was with my early glimpses of Todd. Todd playing against his old team will surely be up for it and a chance for him to get a start in his natural position. Other change would be Dorrans in for McGowan.

Exactly. Play Todd in his best position and tell our players that they will be on double training sessions for a month if either Dobbie or Faisal score!

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I think a lot of Fergie's success was down to psychology. He convinced his Aberdeen players that there was an Old Firm conspiracy and everyone was out to get Aberdeen. It got his players paranoid and wound up and helped them find success with relatively modest resources.

Psychology is a useful tool to put to wins on the board but I imagine every manager is trying to use it in their own way.

I think psychology was pivotal in our deefiant season. 25 point deduction, make-shift squad, player coming out of retirement, signing junior players and a striker playing with a rump steak in his boot. The odds were stacked against us beyond anything we’ve ever had to suffer in our past yet we go on our best ever undefeated run. I think the injustice of the 25 point deduction and similar to the Fergie example, that the SFA were out to get us, gave us the psychological GIRFUY to be hyped up for every game. 

Strangely, if the SFA had awarded us the standard 10 point deduction instead, I think we’d have really struggled.  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, BCram said:

Exactly. Play Todd in his best position and tell our players that they will be on double training sessions for a month if either Dobbie or Faisal score!

Oh great we've got the curse of the former striker to worry about as well as the striker who loves to play and score against us. Tim Keyes should stick £1m on Dundee not keeping a clean sheet on Friday to help pay for the new stadium.

• Funny 1

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

Oh great we've got the curse of the former striker to worry about as well as the striker who loves to play and score against us. Tim Keyes should stick £1m on Dundee not keeping a clean sheet on Friday to help pay for the new stadium.

I'm not a betting guy, Cobra, but surely that's not a bet that's going to give him good odds, is it?...  😮  

49 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

I'm not a betting guy, Cobra, but surely that's not a bet that's going to give him good odds, is it?...  😮  

Just had a look Woodstein and Queens are 4/11 to find the net so a £1m bet would rake in a tidy £363k.

14 hours ago, BCram said:

I agree that we should start Todd against his former team and in his favoured position in a free role behind the striker and see what he has to offer . 

Adblock Detected