The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Qos 1 - 1 Dundee (Away, 27th Sept 2019)

Rate this topic

Dundee were away from home in this Friday night's Championship game against QOS.

QOS scored in the 6th minute when a Dobbie shot hits the post and Hamilton scores on the rebound.

The Dee equalised in the 11th minute. A Dorrans long free-kick finds McGhee who heads past McCrorie.

QOS 1 - 1 Dundee

More dross. Another shocker and poor result. Midfield again hopeless. Manager doesn’t have a clue how To set out  his middle of the park. If he is getting advice then his adviser is hopeless. 

• Star Post 1

Their keeper getting man of the match does not reflect how we played.

We are f**cking awful and will be lucky to finish 4th. 

• Like 1

Josh McPake was Very poor but surely Todd was the guy to bring on? Players returning to their past clubs tend to do well and Byrne is never a wide player. Baffling stuff. 

• Like 1

FFS absolute rubbish. COME ON DUNDEE THE OWNERS HAVE GONE OVER BUDGET. NEED TO STEP UP SOON.

Not great tonight but I still think/hope this is a work in progress. There’s no quick fix after what McCann & McIntyre left.

• Like 3

Strange sub that killed anything we had going in midfield. Really nothing to take from that. 

• Like 1

I know this wont be popular but the Owner must be getting concerned that his manager can't get the best out of this team, he has invested and is getting nothing back.

JMCP's rookie status will only carry him so far.....................

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Miles off. So, so disappointing. 

No point dressing that up as anything other than it was. Two utterly woeful teams blootering the ball about the park in the hope of finding a team mate. The pitch is woeful but we couldn't even weight a pass. No one in midfield making runs, Hemmings utterly isolated - he looked more like a lone frontman tonight than when we've gone with 451. 

Pass marks? Jack Hamilton. Sad to say that that's about it.

I'm right behind giving McPake time but he's going to at least have to start looking like he knows what his best team or formation is very soon or the whole season is just going to slip away into nothingness. 

We were so boring that I honestly had to stop myself channel hopping with about 10 minutes to go. Kudos to anyone who travelled down there and paid to watch that.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, barkblue said:

Kudos to anyone who travelled down there and paid to watch that.

They need a knighthood or sectioned!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Josh McPake was Very poor but surely Todd was the guy to bring on? Players returning to their past clubs tend to do well and Byrne is never a wide player. Baffling stuff. 

Looks to me like McPake is trying to justify bringing Byrne in with that change rather than making the logical switch.

Todd seems to always be the guy left out in the cold.

• Like 2

Dodds said  when the camera homed in to the Dee dugout, "Thought Jimmy Nicoll was having a kip" Maybe close to the truth!

"Pass marks? Jack Hamilton. Sad to say that that's about it."

Thought Dorrans did okay but not quite fit.

On another night he could've scored.

• Like 1

Just now, RafDonDee said:

Dodds said  when the camera homed in to the Dee dugout, "Thought Jimmy Nicoll was having a kip" Maybe close to the truth!

Nae wonder, watching that dross.

• Funny 1

Just now, Budgem said:

Agree. The guy who has hardly kicked a ball in months did more than half his team mates. Only crumb I took from tonight 

Strangely flat tonight, shape did not look right all night, Dorrans playing in Robertson’s role meant he had a poor game. Nothing from the wingers, some poor defending. Overall a poor performance with little to shout about. We have to play these stuffy teams all season, we need to find a way to get the best out of our best players. Right now I’m lost, and can’t see what we can do.

8 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Their keeper getting man of the match does not reflect how we played.

We are f**cking awful and will be lucky to finish 4th. 

No. We’ll be lucky to finish 8th. Utter, utter dross.

• Star Post 1

Just now, Budgem said:

Dorrans for me should bits and bobs. Lacking in game time but too often chose the wrong option tonight. There are signs he could be a big player for us after that tonight but he needs to understand he's not playing alongside top players with great vision and movement and never will be with this team. I'd give him 5/10 tonight.