Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Qos 1 - 1 Dundee (Away, 27th Sept 2019)

TheDarkBlues

1 minute ago, Minijock said:

Not good enough. No midfield and felt sorry for Hemmings as all balls were bit boots up front for him to scrap for. Not his strength. Surely if we see it what is manager seeing every week at training. We complain about defence but really opposition have so much room in front of back 4 that centre halves have to step up and leave gaps. Time to get it sorted management.

There is a big gap in front of our defence  that teams can play into. Our defence is exposed every week with it. Plus we play with wide players but deliver very few crosses from the line backwards.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
8 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Roberston looked poor tonight. Cammy doesn't inspire confidence although he saved that ball on  the line. Byrne should never be played wide. Todd for McPake and Byrne for Robertson should have been the  midfield changes in my opinion. We can't play that four in the middle either.  No defensive cover. Maybe should have gone with five in the middle. McDaid's crossing is tripe.

Sums up a lot of tonight for me.  Like I said at the time, I would have brought Todd on for McPake at half time and Byrne for Robertson or Nelson would have kept a better shape.  If McDaid is the preferred option for dead balls its a sad reflection on most of the others.

5 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

Hamilton should have come for a ball on the left in the first half and didn’t leading to a great QOS chance and shots were mostly straight at him. If he has confidence in himself he has yet to install that in the majority of the fans I’m afraid. 

Did well against Holt’s header though albeit an easy, but awkward, catch.

Fair dos, not seen it on TV or that so never noticed anything that dubious.

Just now, Attilio said:

Sums up a lot of tonight for me.  Like I said at the time, I would have brought Todd on for McPake at half time and Byrne for Robertson or Nelson would have kept a better shape.  If McDaid is the preferred option for dead balls its a sad reflection on most of the others.

Yeah that change makes no sense although in all honesty it was 82 minutes played before I even noticed Byrne was on. Really struggling to see so far why he was praised as such a good signing. 

On paper we have some very good players but there is just something missing on the park. Kerr and Forster give me the absolute fear. Forster looks the part but am not particularly impressed with him and for every great clearance Kerr has off the line there is a moment of madness when he clears the ball into a danger area instead of getting it safe. 

Hate being negative but we are so one paced and at times I’m struggling to see what they are doing all week in training. 

1 minute ago, Attilio said:

Just not getting the Todd situation either.  He has looked decent each time I have seen him which is quite an accolade these days.  Tonight was like a good number of games this season in that after a good part of the game I wasn't really sure what our game plan was. On the basis that it surely can't be 'send out 11 players and hope for the best' that worries me.  Two strikers on the pitch and we generally couldn't give them anything decent to work with again.

I worry that JMP thinks that he maybe has to start particular players for a variety of reasons and that is also a worry going forward.  This my sound like Deja vu but I wonder what the tombola is going to spit out for next Saturday.

I really hoped that with McPake we'd found stability. By that I don't mean whether he's punted or not, but a spine to the team - Hamilton - Forster - Byrne/Ness - Hemmings.

Forster, after a decent start seems to spend half the games flustered, heading it up in the air, passing to no one and so damn slow. Ness is, well, broken. Byrne looks lost no matter where we play him and we need to show the rest of the team a picture of Hemmings so they know what he looks like. He's either on the bench or waving at them from the other end of the pitch.

We've had 3 at the back, then 4. We've gone 3 across the middle, then 5, then 4, tonight was almost a 2. McPake pretends we are playing 3 up top when in reality it's been 1, but tonight we play 2 and again they can only get in the game when they drop deep into our own half looking for the ball.

We are no nearer knowing our best 11 now than we were before we signed half of them. What NEEDS to happen though is four or five games where we choose a style and formation and unless injuries intervene, we stick with it to see if we can make it really gel. It's like McPake has learnt al the wrong things from latter day Hartley, McCann and McIntyre. 

If all fit (like that's going to happen). I'd be going...

Hamilton

Kerr McGhee Forster Marshall

McDaid Byrne Dorrans Ness Todd

Johnson

With Ness injured, Finn comes in. I reckon we play unattractive football with that, but boss the ball and create more chances from open play than we did tonight. Was so hopeful that my lack of faith in these players to play 442 would be shoved down my throat tonight, but instead we were woeful, disjointed, toothless and still chasing shadows and looking short defensively. With the players available it makes no sense.

Defensively miles from convincing.

Midfield off the ball are weak and non existent.

Passing weak and not good enough.

No rhythm or tempo to our play. 

Hemmings miles off it. Been a big disappointment so far after the excitement of his signing.

1 win in 7 the commentators were saying. Miles off what we were all hoping for.

Dorrans looks like he's a good player but not sure the rest of the players will compliment him based on tonight's performance.

They try hard and give their all but are miles off an effective unit that can defend and score goals.

4th if we up our game. Avoid the bottom 2 if we continue like this. Has to be the two targets sadly.

The game was poor. Both sides struggled to pass to their own players. Our defence gets no support and our centre half gets dragged out of position and does not have the pace to get back. Huge space in midfield for them with our midfield lacking so much. No pace, no guile, no aggression.- no hope! Mcdaid is not the answer and mcpake on the other wing was rubbish. The team lack confidence and while I wanted two up front, it was no good for them as they just have to fight for scraps, with most of the balls just being punted down the middle. On the performances so far this season we will be lucky to get top four. 

3 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

Hemmings miles off it. Been a big disappointment so far after the excitement of his signing.

Dorrans looks like he's a good player but not sure the rest of the players will compliment him based on tonight's performance.

They try hard and give their all but are miles off an effective unit that can defend and score goals.

4th if we up our game. Avoid the bottom 2 if we continue like this. Has to be the two targets sadly.

Absolutely mental with the squad we have too but at the moment its f**cking true 

5 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Hamilton

Johnson

I’d maybe bring Meekings in and play McGhee at RB as changes to the above. 

4 minutes ago, CW 90+3 02/05/16 said:

If you could turn clock back to start of season.

Out of the other 9 Championship managers...

Many would you swap for Mcpake.

4 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I really hoped that with McPake we'd found stability. By that I don't mean whether he's punted or not, but a spine to the team - Hamilton - Forster - Byrne/Ness - Hemmings.

Forster, after a decent start seems to spend half the games flustered, heading it up in the air, passing to no one and so damn slow. Ness is, well, broken. Byrne looks lost no matter where we play him and we need to show the rest of the team a picture of Hemmings so they know what he looks like. He's either on the bench or waving at them from the other end of the pitch.

We've had 3 at the back, then 4. We've gone 3 across the middle, then 5, then 4, tonight was almost a 2. McPake pretends we are playing 3 up top when in reality it's been 1, but tonight we play 2 and again they can only get in the game when they drop deep into our own half looking for the ball.

We are no nearer knowing our best 11 now than we were before we signed half of them. What NEEDS to happen though is four or five games where we choose a style and formation and unless injuries intervene, we stick with it to see if we can make it really gel. It's like McPake has learnt al the wrong things from latter day Hartley, McCann and McIntyre. 

Hamilton

Johnson

With Ness injured, Finn comes in. I reckon we play unattractive football with that, but boss the ball and create more chances from open play than we did tonight. Was so hopeful that my lack of faith in these players to play 442 would be shoved down my throat tonight, but instead we were woeful, disjointed, toothless and still chasing shadows and looking short defensively. With the players available it makes no sense.

Spot on.  Agree with all of that, even your attempt at picking our best team at this time.  You've maybe forgotten about or missed out on purpose another possibility that will not please a good few on here - Paul McGowan.  He's been a regular so far this season and JMP seems to rate him.  So in your team above it would be Robertson or McGowan for Ness when he isn't available and McPake or McDaid filling the right hand side spot.

Adblock Detected