Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Qos 1 - 1 Dundee (Away, 27th Sept 2019)

TheDarkBlues

How can people be having a go at Byrne last night? Playing him left midfield when he’s a sitting midfielder. I think it’s time we put the boy in his normal position of playing in front of the back 4. I feel like he’s getting thrown all over the place in midfield except his natural position. Every Livi fan I’ve spoke to said he’s a sitting mid who can break the play up and very tidy on ball. He’s getting asked to do a lot more attacking stuff than what he’s used to I think. 

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 hours ago, barkblue said:

For me the option of moving our most consistent CB over to RB to replace a guy doing OK in that position, when Meekings has been pretty awful isn't worth the risk. 

A CB pairing of Forster and Meekings gives me the fear.

It’s all relative. Imo Cammy has made more costly and/or potentially costly errors this season than McGhee Foster Marshall or Hamilton hence my suggestion. Love his attitude but his form isn’t good just now. 

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

When Gordon Strachan was appointed to head up the youth academy McPake said he would be happy to ask Strachan for advice if it was required. I dont know if he has asked him, but if not then now is the time.

Jimmy N does not seem to be adding that experience for some reason and there are many questions (as detailed above) that need resolved. That pitch looked woeful to play on but that wasnt our first poor performance of the season.

Maybe Strachan can give pointers re formation; movement; playing players in the right position; pace of the game etc. 

Forster's passing out of defence continues to frustrate me and surely someone on the coaching staff can work with him on this aspect of his game.

We continue to allow crosses into our box and most goals against us seem to start from this, whilst at the other end we dont get enough quality crosses into the box from openplay or corners/freekicks.

It is going to be a long season unless we get things sorted quick.

Forster and Meekings in the same team would be something out of a horror show. 

Two boys who very much look the part but absolutely fall apart when put under pressure. 

Forster in particular is tall and built like the side of the house but continually loses out in the air and in physical battles. For a boy his size he is soft as sh**e. Not many players in this league should dominate him physically but they do.   

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

37 minutes ago, Valentke said:

It’s all relative. Imo Cammy has made more costly and/or potentially costly errors this season than McGhee Foster Marshall or Hamilton hence my suggestion. Love his attitude but his form isn’t good just now. 

To be fair I'm not really making the case for Cammy's defence here (no pun intended!) more that Meekings really has never looked assured in all his time at Dens and that McGhee seems to be cajoling Forster through a lot of games. I think Forster is deservedly starting ahead of Meekings, but personally think he's been the most error prone of our back line. 

Cammy's mistakes have been magnified by the loss of goals, Forster has been lucky that his mistakes seem to have been cleared up by others. He should also have been penalised for two or three penalties that ref's have let go (not that I'm complaining). 

And, also to be fair, none/or few of us even know if McGhee is any good at RB. Either way, moving our best CB to RB doesn't feel like the right thing to do for me.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 3

3 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Cammy's mistakes have been magnified by the loss of goals, Forster has been lucky that his mistakes seem to have been cleared up by others. He should also have been penalised for two or three penalties that ref's have let go (not that I'm complaining). 

@barkblue  I cant fault Cammy's commitment but his marking  at times is woeful. His two cross box headers last night could have crippled us. He gets away with things that others wouldn't (for example Kevin Holt).  We need cover in that position. We get exposed by opponents crossing into our box. I would guess the majority of these come from our opponents left hand side.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

@barkblue  I cant fault Cammy's commitment but his marking  at times is woeful. His two cross box headers last night could have crippled us. He gets away with things that others wouldn't (for example Kevin Holt).  We need cover in that position. We get exposed by opponents crossing into our box. I would guess the majority of these come from our opponents left hand side.

By all means criticise Kerr. That's  what this board is for. He had a couple of bad headers  but he also did a lot of good. 2 really good crosses in danger area, a decent shot narrowly wide and blocking a 100% goal. He was a mile away from being our worst player. You didn't mention Finn, McGhee and Forster all at fault for the goal. McDaid has had half a dozen games a created zilch. 3 or 4 players last night would have been as well in the dugout. There's a lot,lot more to worry about than our left back between strange team selection, formation and substitutions. All Imo of course. 

• Star Post 1

1 hour ago, Double Blue said:

When Gordon Strachan was appointed to head up the youth academy McPake said he would be happy to ask Strachan for advice if it was required. I dont know if he has asked him, but if not then now is the time.

Jimmy N does not seem to be adding that experience for some reason and there are many questions (as detailed above) that need resolved. That pitch looked woeful to play on but that wasnt our first poor performance of the season.

Maybe Strachan can give pointers re formation; movement; playing players in the right position; pace of the game etc. 

Forster's passing out of defence continues to frustrate me and surely someone on the coaching staff can work with him on this aspect of his game.

We continue to allow crosses into our box and most goals against us seem to start from this, whilst at the other end we dont get enough quality crosses into the box from openplay or corners/freekicks.

It is going to be a long season unless we get things sorted quick.

If Strachan needs to give mcpake pointers re playing players in their natural positions then clearly management is not for mcpake. 

49 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

As I said in my earlier post, I'm not defending Cammy's (long or short term) form, that's really not the part I'm focusing on, even if his defensive headers back into our own box last night were real schoolboy error stuff. What I am doing is weighing up the pro's and cons of moving McGhee out of central defence. 

I think McGhee is the most mobile and most intelligent CB we have at the club. He links well with midfield and covers Forster when he marauds up the park to make a rash tackle. I haven't seen Meekings do much, if any of that when he's played for us. He gets pulled out of position (as Forster did at their goal last night) and too easily seems to lose concentration (as Forster does too). 

So, presuming that McGhee is excellent at RB, which I don't personally know if he is, is the upside of better protection from that wing and some better crossing greater than the downside of Meekings and Forster - potentially - leaving gaping holes in the middle of the defence and having forwards running off them all the time? For me it's not and by some distance.

Personally I have little faith in Meekings. He's been found out nearly every time he's played for us. Cammy on the other hand has been a consistent weakness this season. It's hardly an enticing choice but when one area of the team is doing OK (and for me CB is, I appreciate that's just my opinion) then we'd be crazy to break that up. I do agree that we need more cover at RB but it's too late for that now unfortunately unless there's a cheap, decent free agent out there.

Oh, and for me - even though I like Marshall - the best FB on show last night was a certain Kevin Holt. Better positional sense, better engine, better attacking threat and superb commitment. But he (according to many (not aimed at you Parcbara)) was sh**e supposedly...  

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

32 minutes ago, Fas said:

If Strachan needs to give mcpake pointers re playing players in their natural positions then clearly management is not for mcpake. 

I assume McPake did it successfully forthe reserve team but that has not transferred to the first team. Looks like he needs help but not Jimmy N. How do you believe he will get it right?

Adblock Detected