The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Any Ideas To Improve the Forum?

Rate this question

Question

We all know the Forum is much busier (& more positive) when DFC are "doing the business"...

And with that in mind, I guess the forum is particularly slow just now. So any ideas how to get it going again.?

I have felt lately, that some post are understandably repetitive, and in truth (negative & miserable) & do little to

stimulate a real discussion. Or even an occasional laugh (unless one goes off topic) But there are some good

points raised (imo) that could easily be introduced in their own right as New Topics. But seem to get lost in the

post comment. This might make sense if referred to my response to BCram under topic..."Mid Table Mediocrity"

Would an effort from everyone to introduce more New Topics help stimilate the Forum?

11 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Gedee said:

We all know the Forum is much busier (& more positive) when DFC are "doing the business"...

And with that in mind, I guess the forum is particularly slow just now. So any ideas how to get it going again.?

I have felt lately, that some post are understandably repetitive, and in truth (negative & miserable) & do little to

stimulate a real discussion. Or even an occasional laugh (unless one goes off topic) But there are some good

points raised (imo) that could easily be introduced in their own right as New Topics. But seem to get lost in the

post comment. This might make sense if referred to my response to BCram under topic..."Mid Table Mediocrity"

Would an effort from everyone to introduce more New Topics help stimilate the Forum?

It's a fair question Gedee, but I prefer to have quality over quantity.  I wouldn't think encouraging posts for the sake of making the board busier would be to the overall benefit of the forum.  We're not setting the heather on fire on the park so a quieter forum is one consequence.  Once we start to click a bit more things will turn - we hope!   

2 minutes ago, HK Blues said:

It's a fair question Gedee, but I prefer to have quality over quantity.  I wouldn't think encouraging posts for the sake of making the board busier would be to the overall benefit of the forum.  We're not setting the heather on fire on the park so a quieter forum is one consequence.  Once we start to click a bit more things will turn - we hope!   

Well HK if that is the case (& it may well be so) ... EH MUST BE REALLY TURNING INTO A MISERABLE AULD bu**er RICHT ENOUGH !!

I've been dipping into the forum on a daily basis the past few weeks, but for a variety of reasons (mainly some negative repetitive posts)

Ive not felt inclined to contribute anything, either in the constructive category, or as a walk into the mad daft wild side (usually off-topic)

My own view is, that ANY new topic has the posibility of developing into something interesting/funny. And as said, I have noticed in just

about every post, a "short off the cuff comment" that has the possiibily of being developed into a discussion, can go by, or be lost in the

main post/thread. If picked up on in the main thread it can easily throw the Main Thread totally off topic which then frustrates everyone :rant:

We are all aware there are forums no so far away, that seem to be dying a slow death. I'd not like to see this one going the same way:chaplin:

I should add the idea of everyone making a bit more effort to post more, or introduce New Topics is surely not the only idea on the table ...

There must be many, may ideas out there that could stimulate TDBF on a daily/weekly/yearly basis encouraging us long-time members to

post more regularly ... And probably more importantly to attract New Members to what is still (imo) far & away the best of the DFC forums.

(It's true high performances/results from Club/Team that we all love, is a guaranteee of a busy, happy forum...But we cannae wait on that)

Encourage posters with worries to post them on the forum so the Happy Clappy club can help them. Newspapers have Agony Aunts, why don't we invent Moaners Mates?

• Funny 1

It might be worth trying to make more of the non-football topics.  Personally, on the other forum I use I find the non-footballing topics more interesting and fun - given our team's current malaise that's not surprising!  

• Star Post 1

1 hour ago, BCram said:

Encourage posters with worries to post them on the forum so the Happy Clappy club can help them. Newspapers have Agony Aunts, why don't we invent Moaners Mates?

That might work BC' ...

As long as those in darkest depths of despair, dinnae decide to post directly to me for help ... I'm struggling to keep my head above the water line :tears:

1 hour ago, HK Blues said:

It might be worth trying to make more of the non-football topics.  Personally, on the other forum I use I find the non-footballing topics more interesting and fun - given our team's current malaise that's not surprising!  

First and foremost HK ... Although TDBF is about DFC, & any matters relating to this, some days/weeks NO interest at all is shown in "non-football topics"

This is generally fine when there's real activity in the main part of the forum. But when quietness descends on forum, maybe more should make use of this.

7 hours ago, Gedee said:

Here’s ane...stop speaking about DUPO

15 hours ago, Gedee said:

First and foremost HK ... Although TDBF is about DFC, & any matters relating to this, some days/weeks NO interest at all is shown in "non-football topics"

This is generally fine when there's real activity in the main part of the forum. But when quietness descends on forum, maybe more should make use of this.

I agree - but, if more topics were on the non-footballing side, more posters would find something of interest and it MAY snowball from there

On 30/09/2019 at 15:32, Gedee said:

That might work BC' ...

As long as those in darkest depths of despair, dinnae decide to post directly to me for help ... I'm struggling to keep my head above the water line :tears:

You posted that the Happy Clappy Club had no members. I thought that I was a member and am unaware that my membership had been cancelled. i assume it would be for some critical post. The only really naughty thing that I've done was post something from Islay, which was deleted and the topic closed. What must I do to restore my membership? I eat loads of tomatoes, know that they are technically a fruit but are classed as a vegetable. Might this be something that could be taken into account?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BCram said:

You posted that the Happy Clappy Club had no members. I thought that I was a member and am unaware that my membership had been cancelled. i assume it would be for some critical post. The only really naughty thing that I've done was post something from Islay, which was deleted and the topic closed. What must I do to restore my membership? I eat loads of tomatoes, know that they are technically a fruit but are classed as a vegetable. Might this be something that could be taken into account?

It appears BC' you are still a Happy Clappy Club Member ... I have since checked my Official Membership List ... And indeed this is the case.

After receiving your post, I spoke again with "the voices" in my head & they admitted in a fit of inititial depression & frustration & rage, they cancelled everyone's membership. Normally I would take action for this kind of behaviour, but Ive also to take into account they (the voices) have been my main means of support during my very dark periods.

(I have noted your point on the tomato front. My only concern is "eating loads" Can you be more specific? And are they freend organic?)