Jump to content
The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 3 Partick Thistle (Home, 19th Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

I think we really need to realise the complexity of this result. Forget how it happened. That was disastrous. The bottom line is we were in 4th place and lost 1-3 at home to a team who are still bottom of the league. 

Exactly, no excuses required, from McPake, AGAIN, his Players AGAIN, just  for Once and earn your f**cking Wages, on the Pitch and STOP giving False promises to the Fans in the Newspapers, this today, was a TOTAL, disaster for our Club, no other way to sugar coat it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Haven't read all of the posts but enough to get the just of things. It appears that what I heard post match wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to the result but a general feeling that JMcP is out of his depth. I'd personally be very disappointed if we pushed for him to be replaced, today was bitterly disappointing but not the end of the world. The subs weren't great but with 20 shots on goal and numerous gilt edged chances we should've been out of sight regardless of who came on and who went off. The performance, for the most part, was very good and but for some horrible finishing we'd have won at a canter. The players are the main culprits here imo.

I’d be disappointed too Rev but now at a point where I wouldn’t object to it. 

It’s not the players, well, not all of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Aberdee said:

I’d be disappointed too Rev but now at a point where I wouldn’t object to it. 

It’s not the players, well, not all of them!

The gemmes up the poley as far as I'm concerned, we're clamouring for the type of tombola selection that we accuse managers of. A dozen games and we want to spin the drum again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 If you all think that JMP isn't up to the job what do you think his players think about him? Would love to know what Jimmy Nicholl is actually responsible for. Seems to me that Hartley had an experienced assistant who didn't really help him. Looks to me as though JMP is finding the same problem.

JMP can sort things, IMO, but he needs to stop thinking he's a tactical genius. Play the players in their best positions. Work out a system that allows 2 from Johnson, Hemmings and Nelson. Get the players fitter so they can last 90 mins so he does not need to make subs because some of the wee lambs are a wee bitty tired after 60 minutes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to the BBC stats we commited only 3 fouls today. We are a push over and don’t want it enough, we have been like this for years. Look at stats for winners today, Celtic 12 fouls, Man City 10 fouls, Aberdeen 13, QOS 12. We are just not cynical enough, sick of being push overs, we need to be harder. Of course foul count is not always a measure of commitment, but I saw us just cruising the second half when they were working, fouling, pushing and shoving. I expected better from a McPake team, we need to toughen up, Goodwin’s St Mirren commited 17 fouls today and won against a team we consistently lose against (who btw had 18 fouls)

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blue4evr said:

I think we really need to realise the complexity of this result. Forget how it happened. That was disastrous. The bottom line is we were in 4th place and lost 1-3 at home to a team who are still bottom of the league. 

I think this post is just about spot on.

Sure, after every draw/defeat we can analyse the a**e out of how it could've gone had things been just a wee bit different but, at the end of the day we lost at home to the bottom side in the league. 

That's about the size of it.

 

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GordonDee said:

According to the BBC stats we commited only 3 fouls today. We are a push over and don’t want it enough, we have been like this for years. Look at stats for winners today, Celtic 12 fouls, Man City 10 fouls, Aberdeen 13, QOS 12. We are just not cynical enough, sick of being push overs, we need to be harder. Of course foul count is not always a measure of commitment, but I saw us just cruising the second half when they were working, fouling, pushing and shoving. I expected better from a McPake team, we need to toughen up, Goodwin’s St Mirren commited 17 fouls today and won against a team we consistently lose against (who btw had 18 fouls)

Everyone can see yet again, we are not at the Race's, when it comes to players commitment/physicality, in the tackle, this season, only THREE fouls committed yesterday, speaks Volumes, a team of big girls, with a sh*t attitude.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday was not an isolated event. Plus to commit so few fouls is  tactically inept. Other teams do It to us with fouls when necessary to stop play.  This is as soft  and insipid as McCann’s side. Home games are in front of our paying customers. The booing at the end should be heeded by the board. 
 That is fifteen competitive games this season.  Five wins, two of which in the league cup.  

 

Edited by Parcbara
Add

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managers weakness’s were exposed yesterday. Couldn’t adapt to the thistle half time changes, subs made the team weaker and tactically very naive. 

Id like to see two of Hemings, Johnson and Nelson starting. As one of the strongest sides in the division we should make teams change to deal with us not the other way round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First 35 minutes, we were excellent. Nice passing all over the pitch. Dorrans pulling the strings. Plenty of efforts on goal. Scored a great team goal. Partick looked a heap. We then sat off them last 10 minutes of the half which must have gave them confidence. I'm thinking at half time, play like the first 35 mins and we'll win this by 2 or 3 goals.

Second half,they changed it, had most of the ball it seemed and we couldn't react. Very poor half other than Kanes header and as to how McDaid didn't find him for the cut back is beyond most in the stadium.

Now to the important bit. 

To be 1 nil up against the bottom of the league side at home on the 85th minute and to go on to lose the game 3-1 in the next 6 minutes has to be one of the worst things I've ever seen at Dens. The equaliser. Fair enough. It was coming, but to then concede another 2 is criminal. 

McCall won the game at half time for me.

I'm not in the McPake out camp yet. There were signs first half that hes assembled a decent team but he needs to learn fast.

Meekings Dundee captain and starter is absolutely baffling. He's not good enough.

Hemmings playing 90 minutes with two strikers warming the bench is equally baffling. It's a hard role he's playing as lone striker but its just not happening at all for him. Had his chance. Time to change it.

Such a frustrating result as it was looking like a perfect Saturday at 4.40pm for us.

The positives have to be Dorrans and that first 35 minutes performance.

Long way to go yet and will be a lot of twists and turns as yesterday showed with the top 5s results, but to lose 3-1 at home to the bottom of the league team after leading for 85 minutes is an absolute joke from all concerned.

It's never easy.

  • Like 1
  • Star Post 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BCram said:

JMP can sort things, IMO, but he needs to stop thinking he's a tactical genius. Play the players in their best positions. Work out a system that allows 2 from Johnson, Hemmings and Nelson. Get the players fitter so they can last 90 mins so he does not need to make subs because some of the wee lambs are a wee bitty tired after 60 minutes!

That's what baffles me, not that JMP would think he is a new tactical genius all new rookie managers do, how come the other parts of the management team are not pointing out his madness, maybe it's a case of learning from your mistakes but the Derby selection and yesterday's subbies surely should have been questioned ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I'd send Josh McPake back to Rangers today. He's miles off being good enough at this time. 

Crazy substitutions over all cost us the game. 

Also Meekings and Forster are too slow to play together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bobby123 said:

Kerr at right back McGhee cent re half.

For all his failings Cammy has a lot of dig and running in him.

Even brought on as a sub in midfield would have helped today.

If Cammy had been involved in that defensive debacle yesterday, there would have been a dozen posts about him. Get rid etc. I haven't seen one post criticising any of our back four. That just seems to be the way it is,if he's in the team. Yes he has failings but one thing he brings to the team, which we lacked totally was energy. McGhee is probably a more solid defender but did he even cross the half way  line yesterday? 

  • Star Post 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anybody said if Byrne and Gowser were injured? You don't replace Gowser with winger with few mins to go! You bring on Cammy ar right back and push McGee into sitting midfield in front of back 4! I am done with them! What the hell is Jimmy Nicol doing! My last post ever this has been going on for years! If Partick had been 1 nil up they would have maybe even taken Kenny Miller off!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HK Blues said:

I think this post is just about spot on.

Sure, after every draw/defeat we can analyse the a**e out of how it could've gone had things been just a wee bit different but, at the end of the day we lost at home to the bottom side in the league. 

That's about the size of it.

 

I'd agree with this if we played in most of the other leagues bar the Scottish Championship. I think it's one of the most competitive league's in Europe where there's a very small points gap between the teams near the top and the teams near the bottom for practically the whole season year on year. Partick have also just replaced their manager with one of the best tacticians in this league. Patrick are not a bottom of the table Championship side and will climb this league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

If Cammy had been involved in that defensive debacle yesterday, there would have been a dozen posts about him. Get rid etc. I haven't seen one post criticising any of our back four. That just seems to be the way it is,if he's in the team. Yes he has failings but one thing he brings to the team, which we lacked totally was energy. McGhee is probably a more solid defender but did he even cross the half way  line yesterday? 

Cammy wasn't playing but you still find a way to have a go at people who have come on here in the past and pointed out his weaknesses. 

Then you say 'yes he has failings'. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

If Cammy had been involved in that defensive debacle yesterday, there would have been a dozen posts about him. Get rid etc. I haven't seen one post criticising any of our back four. That just seems to be the way it is,if he's in the team. Yes he has failings but one thing he brings to the team, which we lacked totally was energy. McGhee is probably a more solid defender but did he even cross the half way  line yesterday? 

Plenty of criticism of Meekings since the game.  As for the others. Forster, regardless will have to play. Marshall is always good  and McGhee is the best defender we have. Forster/ McGhee is a better pairing by far, which in the current pool would see Kerr in at right back. We need another  centre back to provide cover in there. If we got a good enough player, then McGhee could cover right back easily. Meekings is a weak link?absolutely. Captain? unexplainable. Kerr was criticised, rightly in my opinion, because of his frequent howlers at the time. Saying that,  I would rather have the Kerr/Forster/McGhee/Marshall back line from the pool we have. Anytime. Issues? bulls**t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gowrie Dee 1962 said:

Has anybody said if Byrne and Gowser were injured? You don't replace Gowser with winger with few mins to go! You bring on Cammy ar right back and push McGee into sitting midfield in front of back 4! I am done with them! What the hell is Jimmy Nicol doing! My last post ever this has been going on for years! If Partick had been 1 nil up they would have maybe even taken Kenny Miller off!

Why would we play players out of position?. McGhee can play centre back but prefers to play r/back, why move him to a new position?. Byrne and Gowser weren't injured. I could see why he subbed both, Byrne wasn't involved a great deal and Gowser, whilst playing quite well, wasn't moving the ball as quickly as McPake would've probably liked him to. There were one or two occasions yesterday second half where a quick ball would've had Partick on the back foot and us in behind but Gowser needed an extra touch and the move broke down. I think we'd have won without the managers tinkering though, maybe not as comfortably as we should've but I think we'd have just about scraped it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Cammy wasn't playing but you still find a way to have a go at people who have come on here in the past and pointed out his weaknesses. 

Then you say 'yes he has failings'. 

 

Tell me one player in our squad who doesn't have failings? Just one will do.

We would have been much more solid with him in the back 4 instead of Meekings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Parcbara said:

Plenty of criticism of Meekings since the game.  As for the others. Forster, regardless will have to play. Marshall is always good  and McGhee is the best defender we have. Forster/ McGhee is a better pairing by far, which in the current pool would see Kerr in at right back. We need another  centre back to provide cover in there. If we got a good enough player, then McGhee could cover right back easily. Meekings is a weak link?absolutely. Captain? unexplainable. Kerr was criticised, rightly in my opinion, because of his frequent howlers at the time. Saying that,  I would rather have the Kerr/Forster/McGhee/Marshall back line from the pool we have. Anytime. Issues? bulls**t.

 Crazy we only have 3 centre halves...

Basically Foster and McGhee are guaranteed to be playing every week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.