Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Aftermath: Dundee 1 - 3 Partick Thistle (Home, 19th Oct 2019)

TheDarkBlues

Did JMP listen to the fans about the long-standing need for strikers? Well, whether he did or whether he was just going to do it anyway, he seemed to have sorted it with Nelson, Hemmings and Johnston lined up to bring back the sadly lacking goals. However, with two of them warming the bench, a lack of perception that a one goal lead might not be enough and a lack of observation that one striker is always going to be closed down more easily than two is naive to say the least and in the case of a home game, surely you should give the paying public some goals - more strikers, more goals. Oddly enough, it's what we pay for!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
21 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

The first 35 mins or so of that first half I was thinking in my head that things might just be coming together. We looked good and played some nice football until Partick had a wee spell before half time.

That second half though was f**cking sh**e. We needed that second goal to kill the game - it didn't happen.

For me, Mcpake is out his depth and for all the experience in the background, wtf are they doing exactly?

His subs were all wrong and all three were very poor when they came on. I'm still waiting to see what Todd brings to the team? Was he signed based on one good game against us in the cup?

McDaid? He is frustrating as f**k to watch. Has no composure and was awful today compared to the last game.

Disappointed to see Hemmings get some criticism om here. Personally thought he did well on his own and had some good link up play with the likes of McGowan. Would have scored if not for a great save from Fox.

Mackie is pish. 

United beat again but means nothing if we can capitalise on it. We are awful and are exactly where we should be in the league right now.

Give me a play off spot now.

We won't even make a playoff spot.

3 hours ago, Attilio said:

100% this.  When Byrne was subbed I thought wtf is that for and when McGowan was subbed I thought JMP had lost it.  We were struggling in that 2nd half no doubt but the subs he made were unlikely to change that.  73 minutes when McGowan was subbed and 84 minutes when they equalised.  When they did equalise it was odds on they would go on and win.

Crazy subs there. Cut the heart out of our midfield.

3 hours ago, Pepe said:

Complete f**cking disgrace that last 20 odd minutes of the second half were. We should have been well out of sight by half time and should have scored at least two in the second. 
We were very good in the first half, fine performances from all concerned and were well worth an even bigger lead. Partick in the second improved and came out the blocks as everyone knew they would but for McPake to surrender all physicality from the midfield in taking off Byrne and Mackie was criminal. Partick where always just going to launch it up the park but he takes off our two most physical and tallest midfielders, mental.

The goals were soft as sh**e and should have been dealt with far far better. Simple long balls, crosses and flick ons. We have throw away 3 precious points on a day where everything looked to be going right. 
Hopefully the players and especially McPake will learn from this but I’m now not convinced McPake in particular will. 

Tale of 2 managers. End of the first half McColl knew what needed done and greatly improved his team with 2 substitutions. McPake didn't have a scooby and weakened the team with each substitute. 

• Like 2

Haven't read all of the posts but enough to get the just of things. It appears that what I heard post match wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to the result but a general feeling that JMcP is out of his depth. I'd personally be very disappointed if we pushed for him to be replaced, today was bitterly disappointing but not the end of the world. The subs weren't great but with 20 shots on goal and numerous gilt edged chances we should've been out of sight regardless of who came on and who went off. The performance, for the most part, was very good and but for some horrible finishing we'd have won at a canter. The players are the main culprits here imo.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

Haven't read all of the posts but enough to get the just of things. It appears that what I heard post match wasn't just a knee jerk reaction to the result but a general feeling that JMcP is out of his depth. I'd personally be very disappointed if we pushed for him to be replaced, today was bitterly disappointing but not the end of the world. The subs weren't great but with 20 shots on goal and numerous gilt edged chances we should've been out of sight regardless of who came on and who went off. The performance, for the most part, was very good and but for some horrible finishing we'd have won at a canter. The players are the main culprits here imo.

Wee lost control of the game as soon as the subs were made,absolutely f**cking ridiculous...my opinion 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, markthedee said:

Nope, not accepting that today.

Obviously any home loss is hard to take, especially by 2+ goals but if it happens over the entire 90 minutes you can just say that's football.

But to completely collapse with only 5 minutes to go is a disgrace. The signs were there throughout the second half but we'd been holding on against what was frankly a poor team. To then just capitulate at the equaliser...no, that's not on.

We went through some rubbish last season but I think that's the angriest I've left a game in a long time. And yes, that includes the last derby.

I think we really need to realise the complexity of this result. Forget how it happened. That was disastrous. The bottom line is we were in 4th place and lost 1-3 at home to a team who are still bottom of the league. 

• Star Post 1

Adblock Detected