The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Spiritof62

Our Bench

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

The bench and staff should be showing a reaction when we score...

Why?

3 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Because its human?

I'd hardly say that the reaction from our bench wasn't human. It's just not that of supporters.

What's the adage most coaches and managers follow? 'Don't get too down when you lose, or too carried away when you win.'.

I'd far rather understated satisfaction from the bench than a manager who played to the crowd like Ronny Deila did at Celtic. That always smacked of desperation. 

A fair few of the squad have already stated that McPake played a large part in them deciding to come to Dens, so he must inspire them without the need for running up and down the track like a loony. 

Not aimed at you BCG but it really feels like some folk are just desperate for something to get up tight about. We won at the weekend, so now we don't even celebrate wins properly. 

• Like 2

This reminds me of a discussion a few years. The manager was getting attacked for daring to lean on the dugout during games. I thought that was ridiculous but incredibly we're now talking about the body language of our goalkeeping coach. The backroom staff are not paid to be cheerleaders. If they want to quietly take it all in and discuss it later then that's fine by me. You could argue that if they're emotionally immersed in games like fans they're going to be less able to offer the manager clear and sensible advice about subs, tactics, etc.

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

This reminds me of a discussion a few years. The manager was getting attacked for daring to lean on the dugout during games. I thought that was ridiculous but incredibly we're now talking about the body language of our goalkeeping coach. The backroom staff are not paid to be cheerleaders. If they want to quietly take it all in and discuss it later then that's fine by me. You could argue that if they're emotionally immersed in games like fans they're going to be less able to offer the manager clear and sensible advice about subs, tactics, etc.

Cobra, I like the idea of cheerleaders, if we could get to the standard of the Dallas Cowboys we would probably put at least 2500 on the gate, perverse, maybe but it would give Cammy Kerr a break. 

• Funny 1

15 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Why?

19 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Fishing 😂

6 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Why?

It's obvious. They support us.

25 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Do you think when Pep Guardiola stands stoney-faced on the sidelines after his team scores it's because he doesn't care or do you think that maybe he knows the game isn't over and there's plenty for the coaching staff to focus on without getting caught up in the excitement of a goal?

47 minutes ago, eyeothedug said:

Paul Hartley ran around hugging folk and shoved his hands in the air when we scored.

Did it make him a better, or more effective manager? 

No wonder McPake has moved the home dugout away from the main stand whingers. Folk will criticise anything these days.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, eyeothedug said:

Here was me thinking that they were employees and not fans of the club.

17 hours ago, Huggs66 said:

Cobra, I like the idea of cheerleaders, if we could get to the standard of the Dallas Cowboys we would probably put at least 2500 on the gate, perverse, maybe but it would give Cammy Kerr a break. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/h4icK8E93HWTSRfz7

If the dallas cowboys can do it so can we 

• Funny 1

Wackyjim, I did say Dallas Cowboys, not the Blue Rinse Brigade, or are you more perverse than I or just being a realist. 😱

Imagine being adult enough you can focus on your job without screaming when you achieve something. 

I regularly sh*t my pants and scream out loud when I made a deadlinen. Anyone else. 

18 minutes ago, Derry Drummer said:

Imagine being adult enough you can focus on your job without screaming when you achieve something. 

I regularly sh*t my pants and scream out loud when I made a deadlinen. Anyone else. 

Underwear on spin cycle as we speak mate.

Although I should maybe have taken them off first...