The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Valentke

Byrne

Rate this topic

Good to see the guy getting played in the position that built his reputation- he was excellent.

Main reason for post is to ask does anyone know how he is? Looked like a possible broken wrist/hand following that high challenge. 

55 minutes ago, Valentke said:

Good to see the guy getting played in the position that built his reputation- he was excellent.

Main reason for post is to ask does anyone know how he is? Looked like a possible broken wrist/hand following that high challenge. 

He posted this on Instagram today, fairly vague but he doesn't indicate anything serious as far as I'm aware.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3VCGtlgH2PuV7Ql5GtwYY5HfiwzqvKxBZhwkc0/

• Like 1

Looked a really nasty tackle. Looked like he was holding his arm? 

Said it from the start , play this boy in his proper position and he will be a massive player for us. I think we have seen glimpses of the player he can be but will keep getting better and better. He’s technically very good and hardly loses the ball. Keep him and dorrans playing together and I don’t see a better partnership in this league 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Saturday was his best performance. Ask him to play further forward and he struggles but as a defensive midfielder he looks the part.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Saturday was his best performance. Ask him to play further forward and he struggles but as a defensive midfielder he looks the part.

Wattie, how often do these comments have to be made? What's going on at training? The idea that mature skillful footballers can play almost anywhere has been the cause, IMO, of most of our troubles. Bring the player in to play the position that he is best able to play seems to me to be the way forward and I'll be delighted if this is the start of a new management style from JMP.

Edited by BCram
  • Like 2

Byrne is our best defensive midfielder. The manager needs to capitalise on his strengths and not play him out of position. 

He’s proven he’s got a lot of vision his assist at raith rovers first game was absolute sublime , I honestly don’t know how he seen Craig Curran when he was behind him. He is technically very good but play him in his natutal position and we will get best out him I think

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BCram said:

Wattie, how often do these comments have to be made? What's going on at training? The idea that mature skillful footballers can play almost anywhere has been the cause, IMO, of most of our troubles. Bring the player in to play the position that he is best able to play seems to me to be the way forward and I'll be delighted if this is the start of a new management style from JMP.

Hopefully the penny has dropped mate.

Trying to cram 3 defensive players into the midfield was never going to work.

36 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Hopefully the penny has dropped mate.

Trying to cram 3 defensive players into the midfield was never going to work.

Byrne, Ness and DOrrens and we will do alright.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

Looked a really nasty tackle. Looked like he was holding his arm? 

Said it from the start , play this boy in his proper position and he will be a massive player for us. I think we have seen glimpses of the player he can be but will keep getting better and better. He’s technically very good and hardly loses the ball. Keep him and dorrans playing together and I don’t see a better partnership in this league 

But haven't we been playing him in a holding role? Is it not just that Dorrans is a better player than he has been playing with?

9 minutes ago, Parcbara said:

Byrne, Ness and DOrrens and we will do alright.

What about Finn? :)

1 hour ago, Parcbara said:

Byrne is our best defensive midfielder. The manager needs to capitalise on his strengths and not play him out of position. 

Finn is pretty good too. Always wants to take the ball and doesn't lose it much.

I would say He has been Playing more of an advanced role where on Saturday he was more protecting. Fin is gonna be big player to for us this season but I think it’s correct time to take him out and give him a rest. He’s only 16 

• Like 2

I would play

Finn or Bryne

Dorrans or Ness

Can't play 2 of the same unless it's bryne and Finn against bigger teams. 

So according to Jazza, Byrne is getting a precautionary scan on his shoulder today to see if it was dislocated. Marshall missed training yesterday due to his knock, but that's also stated as precautionary. Ness did train yesterday.

When will SPFL refs get consistent and punish bad fouls and let daft wee ones go?

Its time they were taken aside and shown their mistakes, some of Arbroath's challenges on Saturday were shocking.

2 hours ago, Spiritof62 said:

When will SPFL refs get consistent and punish bad fouls and let daft wee ones go?

Its time they were taken aside and shown their mistakes, some of Arbroath's challenges on Saturday were shocking.

Any merit in trying to persuade all clubs to post horrible tackles via YouTube or similar, like goals that get uploaded. Put the tackles in and it might help referees to see what they have missed, or perhaps encourage them to be consistent. Obviously only fouls against us!

11 hours ago, Derry Drummer said:

I would play

Finn or Bryne

Dorrans or Ness

Can't play 2 of the same unless it's bryne and Finn against bigger teams. 

I don't think Ness is as attacking or as good as Dorrans so Dorrans needs to always start.

13 hours ago, Davedee77 said:

He’s proven he’s got a lot of vision his assist at raith rovers first game was absolute sublime , I honestly don’t know how he seen Craig Curran when he was behind him. He is technically very good but play him in his natutal position and we will get best out him I think

Gowser's initial ball into the box was the one that made the move...