Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

McPake and Irvine Charged

Raptor

I think we need to stop speculation about what, if anything happened. Half of Dundee would want to make a meal out of this. No point in suggesting Irvine did this and McPake didn't do that. This is an active case and we don 't want the whole thing muddied nor do we want anyone on here libelling anyone else. Could be an expensive mistake. Let's move on for the sake of the team and await the court's decision if it ever gets there.

• Like 5

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Just when you think the club is actually moving forward this season then this happens, whatever way it’s dressed up it’s disastrous news for the club that he’s been  charged especially after his bizarre denials in the press, last thing we need is this hanging over him and the club for months..

There is nothing to be gained in discussing this at this time.

In fact depending on how detailed any discussion or comments develop it could do a great deal of damage. But let's not pretend it is not in our minds ... Human nature, & the curiousity in probably all of us, & our love & interest in DFC, means (imo) that any of us are dismissing this probable incident, as an irrelevance.

As Mr S said in his post above ... "Just when you think the club is actually moving forward this season then this happens"

Time will tell just how serious this really is ... But it would appear JMP has not done himself/club/players/fans any favours, by what seems his initial attitude of making light of it. Or  even worse, saying it never happened. 

1 minute ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

He had to deny it jnitially. Why fess up to a journo?

He could have at least acknowledged that there was a scuffle, but not necessarily involving him. By just stating it was a "quiet pint" he'd had (which it evidently wasn't in any case) it makes him look like a liar.

• Like 1

While these chaps are relatively young under 40 - it is not the case, they really should be keeping a low profile in Dundee?

How many managers are out on the Swaley in a place where there is such a rivalry, its just asking for trouble - Perth Road

Yes they need downtime, we are all human, but as a fan, this really is not what we need from the person who we are all meant to look to support, surely the board, and management should have learned after the Gowser incident, and tank and others spending time out in Dundee pubs.......  

Even if he was defending himself, he shouldn't been out in a bar, he should be trying to work out how he gets his team functioning better! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, darkbluecheshire said:

While these chaps are relatively young under 40 - it is not the case, they really should be keeping a low profile in Dundee?

How many managers are out on the Swaley in a place where there is such a rivalry, its just asking for trouble - Perth Road

Yes they need downtime, we are all human, but as a fan, this really is not what we need from the person who we are all meant to look to support, surely the board, and management should have learned after the Gowser incident, and tank and others spending time out in Dundee pubs.......  

Even if he was defending himself, he shouldn't been out in a bar, he should be trying to work out how he gets his team functioning better! 

I agree they should've thought much better about the drinking location, the Perth Road is a bad shout in any regard for stuff like this, much like with the latest Gowser incident both were out after good days - for Gowser it was the awards night and for Jazza it was a testimonial game - so I can only assume their brains were turned off. All of this just indicates a lack of thought which I hate so much, I really thought McPake was well above this crap. Reserving judgment until the facts have been laid out, but even just the fact that he lied to the press yesterday has already given me my doubts.

4 minutes ago, darkbluecheshire said:

Football people should be able to go anywhere without idiots having a go at them, unfortunately the world we live in makes this impossible.

They should all know not to go to places where there is the possibility of getting drawn into trouble with the public.

Hopefully it all blows over.

• Like 4

I agree he is able to go and chill out, its good for the soul, but to put another angle on it, how many times did you see any football manager out in pubs? not very often! restaurants yes....... Ive always wondered about mcpake, is he respected enough by the team, can he manage a team, manage friends as players, and is he ready, I will try to reserve judgement, but he hasn't covered himself in glory.  Also if you were the Keyes, pumping millions into a failed project so far, and the spearhead of your plan is out on the psh in a volatile area would you be happy?

Edited by darkbluecheshire

Adblock Detected