Jump to content

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee V Partick (19, Oct 2019)


Cobra

Dundee v Partick  

70 members have voted

  1. 1. What'll happen when the Jags visit Dens



Recommended Posts

Very interesting this game this one as Kenny Miller returns to Dens for the first time in red, yellow and black.

The Jags have lost all four home league games but away from home they've picked up a win, two draws and a defeat. Curiously their own away defeat came when they led 2-0 from the 28th to 72nd minute in Greenock and somehow came away with nothing.

Both teams have scored in all Partick's away games but Dundee have kept an impressive 3 clean sheets out of 4 so it's hard to know what to expect here.

Can the Dee continue their strong home form against one of the league's bigger clubs?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
21 minutes ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I fancy two up top - a win will start to put some momentum together . Home win , smiling dees, still some moans around the ground tho !

I don't understand why we'd change something that worked pretty well last time and created enough chances (including for Hemmings) to win two games.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DarkBlueKnight said:

I fancy two up top - a win will start to put some momentum together . Home win , smiling dees, still some moans around the ground tho !

DBK, I would like to see 2 up top with Hemmings supported by Johnston at the expense of Mackie, we have created numerous chances which have fallen to the wrong person with Gowser being a bit of a culprit in this, if we have 2 finishers on the park then it will up the odds the chances will come to the right guy, Johnson for me should be starting.

Partick don't have the fasted of front lines however Miller will take a chance if it arrives.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, barkblue said:

I don't understand why we'd change something that worked pretty well last time and created enough chances (including for Hemmings) to win two games.

Normally would agree but I think thistle may be tougher to crack - plus we don’t want to be too predictable for teams coming to dens?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Huggs66 said:

DBK, I would like to see 2 up top with Hemmings supported by Johnston at the expense of Mackie, we have created numerous chances which have fallen to the wrong person with Gowser being a bit of a culprit in this, if we have 2 finishers on the park then it will up the odds the chances will come to the right guy, Johnson for me should be starting.

Partick don't have the fasted of front lines however Miller will take a chance if it arrives.

 

I like the look of Johnston and would like him starting this one as well

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DarkBlueKnight said:

Normally would agree but I think thistle may be tougher to crack - plus we don’t want to be too predictable for teams coming to dens?

I'd rather we found a formation that works and pretty much stuck to it. The teams that tends to win leagues don't set out differently every week, they know what they're good at and believe they can win most weeks doing that.

I know the modern way is to constantly tinker the formation, line-up and tactics but I've watched season after season of our players looking completely befuddled by what they're getting asked to this week as the manager tries to show just how clever and versatile they are.

Appreciate what you're saying regarding us missing chances but that's been happening no matter the formation and I'd rather we created a lot and missed a few than created a few and then missed all of them. Hardly the most positive thinking but if we can stay solid at the back with the 5 in midfield then, to me, as a team struggling to score, then we've more chance of winning than if we get involved in a goal-fest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, barkblue said:

I'd rather we found a formation that works and pretty much stuck to it. The teams that tends to win leagues don't set out differently every week, they know what they're good at and believe they can win most weeks doing that.

I know the modern way is to constantly tinker the formation, line-up and tactics but I've watched season after season of our players looking completely befuddled by what they're getting asked to this week as the manager tries to show just how clever and versatile they are.

Appreciate what you're saying regarding us missing chances but that's been happening no matter the formation and I'd rather we created a lot and missed a few than created a few and then missed all of them. Hardly the most positive thinking but if we can stay solid at the back with the 5 in midfield then, to me, as a team struggling to score, then we've more chance of winning than if we get involved in a goal-fest.

Agree - I’m not a fan for tinkering for tinkerings sake , tinks very much 😂. But at the moment I don’t think any of us know the best  eleven , or the secret of creating/scoring more . Until it’s clearer I think we will continue to see line up curve balls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
×
×
  • Create New...