The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Gedee

Bbc Scotland Today's Programmes (That May Be Worth Watching)

Rate this topic

I can count on one hand the programmes I have watched on bbc scotland since it's launch ... Poor in my estimation (which might be mainly around a limited budget)

Anyway today, it might be worth reminding others:

1) Closing SNP Conference Speech live First Minister around 3.00pm. I'm aware of forum position re-politics, but I'm only mentioning it in general terms (No problem if removed)

2) Under 19 game Scotland vs Germany 7.00 pm (also mentioned in another opening post topic by Billy Campbell)

3) Views/comments (I think) from workers/others, around protests of Timex closure, which might interest some . On at 10.00pm. (Timex, like NCR, big employers then in Dundee)

TBH, I may end up NOT watch any of above...:wacko:

(This International Break's driving me mad):chaplin:

3 hours ago, Gedee said:

I can count on one hand the programmes I have watched on bbc scotland since it's launch ... Poor in my estimation (which might be mainly around a limited budget)

1) Closing SNP Conference Speech live First Minister around 3.00pm. I'm aware of forum position re-politics, but I'm only mentioning it in general terms (No problem if removed)

2) Under 19 game Scotland vs Germany 7.00 pm (also mentioned in another opening post topic by Billy Campbell)

3) Views/comments (I think) from workers/others, around protests of Timex closure, which might interest some . On at 10.00pm. (Timex, like NCR, big employers then in Dundee)

Agree that the channel is poor. Watched Tutti Frutti a couple of times but that's about it for me.

3 hours ago, Gedee said:

The Timex story might be of interest considering the history that the Timex had with Dundee and its work force. Was a sad day when it was closed as a lot of people lost their jobs, I also remember my Granddad who was there protesting its closure!

12 minutes ago, BCram said:

Agree that the channel is poor. Watched Tutti Frutti a couple of times but that's about it for me.

Just like you, I watched a couple of episodes of above BC ...

But even that, although a classic in it's time, was totally dated ... Very poor stuff and generally their output to date (exception the fitba) is a bit of an insult !!

There has been a few decent shows - The David Robertson Kashmir United (?) documentary and the Fort William one as well. Plus the A View From The Terraces show is the best football related thing on TV.

Plus I do quite like the Paul Murton round the Lochs travel/history shows (although that was running prior to the channel) and the Championship Football, although the presenting is tragic.

Didn't watch Tutti Frutti but we did watch - and loved - Taking Over The Asylum with a youthful Ken Stott and David Tennent. 

I haven't been disappointed with the channel because I didn't expect much so while I'm hardly glued to it I do watch more than I thought I would. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, barkblue said:

There has been a few decent shows - The David Robertson Kashmir United (?) documentary and the Fort William one as well. Plus the A View From The Terraces show is the best football related thing on TV.

Plus I do quite like the Paul Murton round the Lochs travel/history shows (although that was running prior to the channel) and the Championship Football, although the presenting is tragic.

Didn't watch Tutti Frutti but we did watch - and loved - Taking Over The Asylum with a youthful Ken Stott and David Tennent. 

I haven't been disappointed with the channel because I didn't expect much so while I'm hardly glued to it I do watch more than I thought I would. 

I may have been a wee bit harsh ... Because looking at your short list above Bark, it seems I have watched the programmes you have mentioned ... And in the main, they have been fine. I think my main criticism has probably been around (what I see) as their limited budget & basically lack of promotion & publicity ...

It seems, the further north you travel, outwith London & the Home Counties, the budget keeps dropping with each pasing mile :tears:

If only there was an obvious solution? "Steady Gedee, let's not get political"...Thankfully it's no' me jist one o' meh many voices ;)

• Like 1