The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Double Blue

Obsession

Rate this topic

Six stories online in The Courier today that mention Shankland in the headline. Thank phuck Irvine hadnt punched him in the puss otherwise it would have been seven, at least.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk

Fine by me.

He won player of the month and they got cuffed by Ayr next game. He got a Scotland call up and they got cuffed by Alloa next game. Scotlands next match clashes with a United league game.

Let the hype continue. 

Edited by Frank Grimes
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

There's a hint of irony regarding the topic and OP on a Dees forum!!

Probably not a popular opinion but I think a Dundee based newspaper is probably within their rights to make a big thing of one of the city's players making the step up to the national squad from the championship and getting a goal. 

Let's just hope Shankland will soon become yesterday's news.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DFC1974 said:

There's a hint of irony regarding the topic and OP on a Dees forum!!

Probably not a popular opinion but I think a Dundee based newspaper is probably within their rights to make a big thing of one of the city's players making the step up to the national squad from the championship and getting a goal. 

Let's just hope Shankland will soon become yesterday's news.

I agree about praising a local player if it was against an average team or even a poor team but a team that hasn't won for 33 games, no. One article even said it proves he's International standard. 

• Like 1

I don't see the issue with it and if it was one of our players we would be happy to see these headlines .

I would have loved to have seen the lad at our club and it was a massive and costly blunder on our behalf that he isn't as its my opinion he will be the difference to them winning the title as without him firing them in they look an average outfit but as it stands he has taken them to the top and he is on fire 

I also hope he can be the answer to the national sides current striker problem because I want Scotland to do well , do I think he will be is another matter because as rightly pointed out the opposition he scored against was god awful and as yet he has proven absolutely zero in terms at doing the business consistently at a decent level .