The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TDB Staff

NEWS: ANALYSIS: James McPake has done well so far at Dundee, but can they make the next step?

Done well? Some folk on here seem to think he's barely clinging onto his job.

14 hours ago, Cobra said:

Done well? Some folk on here seem to think he's barely clinging onto his job.

Cobra, sadly yer right, a number are ready to turn on one of our own at the drop of the hat. Yes that's what he is "Paid The Big Bucks For" however as was reported recently he has managed a major change in the organisation, 13 In 15 out the difference being this time is the quality he has brought in, McP has been patient and waiting for the right players, unfortunately this has probably delayed the gelling of the team and getting a settled side however the positives are beginning to show.

Outside of 1 daft result, we are a very difficult team to break down and score against, from Pre Season Friendlies, League Cup and Championship our defence is vastly improved  and this is despite lots of various comments re Hamilton, Kerr & Meekings.

Our Midfield is full of quality and is beginning to show the signs that it is coming together, Our front line has the potential to be brilliant and once it kicks in, it will be feared.

This was always going to be a slow starter but IMO this side will only get stronger and stronger and that is testimony to J McP and his backroom staff.

We are on the up.

• Like 1

It's all about expectations ... And for this season, & maybe even the following season, I decided to "contain" my expectations & not set my sights to high. I kinda felt DFC's result during the seasons in the Premiership were not just disappointing, they were frankly wearing me out, & affecting my general physical & mental health (Eh've no aye been daft) :wacko: Still feel, the time spent in the lower division (especially under a young inexperienced manager) although not ideal, is the best place for DFC to be at this time, with the hope of a few decent victories & the real possibility of competing for the play-off positions or even that illusive top place.

Under JMP we picked up a good 3 points in our last game. If we can do the same on Saturday & other results go in our favour, we will be in a very healthy position. All that said, the feeling after another defeat of the team we awe love, is still painfully hard to thole, regardless what division we find ourselves in. But long (ish) term, under JMP, I still want to believe he is the man to get us where we hope to be. And I've got to keep that thought in my mind come 4.50PM sat...Whatever the result.

If our manager, coaching staff & players, can focus & work hard together as one, and we get behind them ... We will be fine.

Players have got to stay fit, focused, ambitious, committed, driven, determined, work together ...  Reflect this on Match Day.