The Dark Blues
paulitto

Pre Match DeeTV Update This Week

Rate this topic

Weird pre match DEETV update this week with it being done without any press in attendance.
Either not wanting questions re last weekends shannigans, or courier etc have been banned 🤔

Hmm, interesting. 

Although it would be good if the Courier was banned and DAB cheerleader Stef Dailly for good measure!

I am pretty shocked by this news, as I didn't think we were Rangers FC and just ban reporters for anything willy nilly.

8 hours ago, paulitto said:

Weird pre match DEETV update this week with it being done without any press in attendance.
Either not wanting questions re last weekends shannigans, or courier etc have been banned 🤔

Surely they would just say beforehand that no questions regarding the fisty cuffs?. And then edit out any that overstepped the mark.

Afterall it's not only the Courier that attend the pre and post match pressers. And it's a long time until it goes to court.

Edited by Dondeh

1 hour ago, tommydfc said:

Slight change this week as we invited all the press to the 100 kids vs the 1st team event.

All the usual pre match stuff (papers and broadcast) for the Partick match was done there but we did it at the side of the pitch rather than the usual press conference set up.

I thought it was important we still had something pre match which is why I did the sit down with the manager and Sean.

Will be back to usual press conference next week.

Who is Sean?

22 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Who is Sean?

Sean Mackie! Hibs loanie

Not sure I see what the issue is here. It could be about the charges against the manager, but could also just be what they said. No new information to go out, but here's something filmed for DeeTV from the Manager and a player.

I might be particularly naive about how football clubs are run (actually there is no might about it), but couldn't the Courier or any other newspaper not just go up to the stadium or email, or even make a phone call and ask for news, or a reaction to a story. Why wait for the pre-match press conference which, by design, is supposed to be about the impending match.

I'm a little confused by the, albeit very limited, fuss being made about it.

13 minutes ago, andrak said:

Not sure I see what the issue is here. It could be about the charges against the manager, but could also just be what they said. No new information to go out, but here's something filmed for DeeTV from the Manager and a player.

I might be particularly naive about how football clubs are run (actually there is no might about it), but couldn't the Courier or any other newspaper not just go up to the stadium or email, or even make a phone call and ask for news, or a reaction to a story. Why wait for the pre-match press conference which, by design, is supposed to be about the impending match.

I'm a little confused by the, albeit very limited, fuss being made about it.

There's no news story here at all. The club just changed things around because of the match against the kids during the week. At Tommy said, the usual press conference will be back as usual next week.