The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Mercurial

Rate this topic

Peter Crouch: "There is a fine line between being mercurial and just doing what you want. People will point out, rightly, that Shaqiri scored eight goals during the 2017–18 season in a team relegated. But for 85 minutes each weekend he would be making everyone else’s job slightly harder."

Any Dees spring to mind?

El Bak, a player with poor decision making, loved a shot from miles outside the box and got by on a couple of goals when the cameras were at Dens. The team had to work harder to regain possession after yet another of his 25 yarders was ballooned into The Shankly. It must have been frustrating as hell playing with El Bak when you make the run into space, not get the pass, watch him fire yet another one in the general direction of Gussie Park then you have to put the yards in to track back.

Maybe more maddening tham mercurial

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, Harold Finch said:

El Bak, a player with poor decision making, loved a shot from miles outside the box and got by on a couple of goals when the cameras were at Dens. The team had to work harder to regain possession after yet another of his 25 yarders was ballooned into The Shankly. It must have been frustrating as hell playing with El Bak when you make the run into space, not get the pass, watch him fire yet another one in the general direction of Gussie Park then you have to put the yards in to track back.

Maybe more maddening tham mercurial

I was thinking Harkins myself. I don't know how his Dundee team-mates saw him, but if you were let's say the Celtic manager, you'd watch GGH and think the guy was a magician in certain moments but totally unsuitable for a team that needed to win trophies. Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy, but there was something about him holding him back from being a top player for a top team.

El Bak scored a couple of sensational goals that we'll never forget but he wasn't a professional football IMO. He's never learned what he needs to do on a football pitch. He's just a guy who runs about and occasionally hits the ball beautifully from distance.