Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Biggest Roar At Dens

Cobra

What celebration stands out for you at Dens in terms of noise? In recent seasons, the sound that greeted McCann's looped winner v Raith was pretty special for me. Going further back the Pole's header in the derby was something else. The place just erupted.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The Doon derby was a fantastic night for Dees. Our club has given us some amazing moments over the years. I haven't seen us win a major trophy in my lifetime but I'm past caring about that. There's more than enough Derry joy to be had in beating United and the Old Firm, promotions and last-minute winners.

I really wish I was around to see those big games in the 60s and 70s when Dundee had top class players and Dens had crowds of 25,000-45,000 folk standing in the terracing. 

It was pretty terrifying/exhilarating to be a kid at a rammed derby in the 80s when the Dee found the net against United. I can only imagine what it was like before that.

52 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

The winner v Dabs in League Cup quarters aet in 1980s or the fourth v Cologne in 70s.

Both blew roof off the SE.

Ye the League Cup game against the Dabs is the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at Dens. The reaction from the fans to both our goals is something I will always remember.

1 hour ago, skullduggery said:

Ye the League Cup game against the Dabs is the best atmosphere I’ve experienced at Dens. The reaction from the fans to both our goals is something I will always remember.

Think the courier used the line ‘split the night sky asunder’ Derry was unreal that night 💙

Dundee's last major trophy came the year before I was born and the biggest occasion since was a midweek game that I couldn't make because I was 200 miles away and only able to attend weekend games because of school. Oh well. I'm glad thousands of other Dees were able to experience those great moments. I don't feel hard done by though. Georgie's chip... McCann's chip... The Pole's equaliser... KT pulling the string against the dabs... Wighton sending United down... the 4-3 games v United and Rangers... the epic 4-4 game v Hearts. I've enjoyed my little bit of DFC history. Wish I'd seen Steel, Gillie and Jocky in action but can't complain. It's been a hell of a ride being a Dee and hopefully some good times still to come.

Adblock Detected