Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Best Double Signing Ever?

Cobra

If I'm not mistaken Duffy signed the ready-made partnership of Shaw and Britton from Partick one year. 

Has there ever been anything like it at Dens? 

Hartley reuniting Stewart and Hemmings is perhaps comparable.

I think Jocky signed 3 or 4 players from Motherwell with mixed results.

Any other examples of the Dee taking two or more players from one club in a short period?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If there was an award for a player over-delivering based on anticipation at the time of signing Willie Falconer would win it hands down. He was exceptional. If I remember right, folk were only really interested in the return of TC.

Brian Irvine was another ex-Don who was great for Dundee, but I think we were maybe expecting that impact more than Falconer's.

19 minutes ago, Cobra said:

If I'm not mistaken Duffy signed the ready-made partnership of Shaw and Britton from Partick one year. 

Has there ever been anything like it at Dens? 

Hartley reuniting Stewart and Hemmings is perhaps comparable.

I think Jocky signed 3 or 4 players from Motherwell with mixed results.

Any other examples of the Dee taking two or more players from one club in a short period?

Someone may remember more details. This was in the day when every  club had 2 main strikers. Duffy said he had given a lot of thought but as much as he like Dodds, he had tried 4 or 5 players and failed to get a partner for him. He thought it was in the best interests of the club to sell Dodds and bring in a partnership that he knew would work. Think this was Eddie Gallagher's time.

2 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Someone may remember more details. This was in the day when every  club had 2 main strikers. Duffy said he had given a lot of thought but as much as he like Dodds, he had tried 4 or 5 players and failed to get a partner for him. He thought it was in the best interests of the club to sell Dodds and bring in a partnership that he knew would work. Think this was Eddie Gallagher's time.

Eddie Gallagher is one of those players who had a successful spell at Dundee but nobody ever mentions him. Mind you, I think he only spent a season at Dens.

I couldn't believe it when we let Shaun McSkimming go to Killie. The lad was doing really well for us. It didn't make sense (as I don't think money was involved). Mind you, worse was to come when Billy Dodds went to the fermers. What a kick in the baws that was.

The one good thing about Scottish football being skint is we rarely lose our best players to the likes of Aberdeen nowadays. I was gutted when they took McKimmie and Connor off us back in the day. Thankfully I'm not old enough to remember the Strachan deal (as I think that would have really hurt).

1 hour ago, Cobra said:

I couldn't believe it when we let Shaun McSkimming go to Killie. The lad was doing really well for us. It didn't make sense (as I don't think money was involved). Mind you, worse was to come when Billy Dodds went to the fermers. What a kick in the baws that was.

The one good thing about Scottish football being skint is we rarely lose our best players to the likes of Aberdeen nowadays. I was gutted when they took McKimmie and Connor off us back in the day. Thankfully I'm not old enough to remember the Strachan deal (as I think that would have really hurt).

Mcskimming was sold as we needed to pay VAT bill

Adblock Detected