The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Scottish Football Clubs Should Be Docked Points or Relegated for Sectarian Singing

Rate this topic

Should Scottish football clubs should be docked points or relegated for sectarian singing?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scottish football clubs should be docked points or relegated for sectarian singing?

SNP member suggesting that Scottish clubs should have points deducted or the club relegated for sectarian singing. Would this really stop the issues from the ugly sisters so called supporters?

It'll never, ever happen. They'd have to deduct points every game. I see Celtic were fined the lofty sum of 10k for breaking the laws, once again. How will they survive? Lip service. 

I don't know the answer to this problem ...

But I suppose any real serious suggestion, whether it comes from a political source or not, is welcome.

It may be, the likes of SFA (Is that the body who deal with this?) as well as Rangers/Celtic, do take this

issue seriously But really 10k penalty As pointed out above, fining Clubs a paltry 10K, is just laughable

If losing points regularly means Clubs losing plenty of pounds maybe it's one way of dealing with this.

16 minutes ago, Gedee said:

I don't know the answer to this problem ...

But I suppose any real serious suggestion, whether it comes from a political source or not, is welcome.

It may be, the likes of SFA (Is that the body who deal with this?) as well as Rangers/Celtic, do take this

issue seriously But really 10k penalty As pointed out above, fining Clubs a paltry 10K, is just laughable

If losing points regularly means Clubs losing plenty of pounds maybe it's one way of dealing with this.

Fining them 100,000 or 500,000 will make no difference to them but deducting 1 single solitary point would put the frighteners up them.

30 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

Fining them 100,000 or 500,000 will make no difference to them but deducting 1 single solitary point would put the frighteners up them.

Maybe eh wisnae being very clear Blue ...

But I was trying to relate regular points lost, with the Big Bucks lost if the final result meant a drop in their final league position & their entry into Euro games.

I think a non quailification into the Euro Games (And the huge money that goes with this) might encouge them to get their act together & do more about this.

Voted no because you just know the authorities would find ways to make songs like "Hello, we are the Dundee Derry boys" into sectarian based singing so that it wasn't only Celtic and Rangers being penalised.

I never have and never will trust the Scottish Football authorities to treat our game evenly.

• Like 1

It always annoys me when the media say it’s a small minority of old firm fans. No it’s not, it’s the majority, anyone who has been to a game against them will witness the entire end that sings not just a few people! It’s been going on since I can remember.

• Like 2