Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Casuals Era

Cobra

None of us want to see violence at games, and DFC do not have a reputation for being involved in violence, but I just wondered what people remember from the past.

The Clydebank game sticks in my mind. I watched it on Scotsport (midweek I think) incredulous at the scenes. The crazy thing is we didn't (as far as I'm aware) get punished.

Anyone recall violent scenes from the past involving Dees?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
9 minutes ago, Cobra said:

None of us want to see violence at games, and DFC do not have a reputation for being involved in violence, but I just wondered what people remember from the past.

The Clydebank game sticks in my mind. I watched in midweek Scotsport incredulous at the scenes. The crazy thing is we didn't (as far as I'm aware) get punished.

Shocking stuff from our own fans. Where there any fans actually banned from Dens for this?

I followed Dundee during the casuals era but don't remember seeing any violence. The two times I saw fighting was the one time I went to a United v Aberdeen game (my only visit to Tannadice when Dundee weren't playing) and Scotland v England (the last ever Rous Cup game).

Just now, Cobra said:

I followed Dundee during the casuals era but don't remember seeing any violence. The two times I saw fighting was the one time I went to a United v Aberdeen game (my only visit to Tannadice when Dundee weren't playing) and Scotland v England (the last ever Rous Cup game).

The day that we beat Celtic was a day I remember. Was only a young lad and I had never witnessed anything like what I saw that day. Battles between Dundee and Celtic fans down Dens Road. Bottles being thrown left right and centre.....

18 minutes ago, jojo gunn said:

Dunfermline away in early 70s was always bad 

See, this is a nugget of information that I like to see. Who would have thought that Dundee visiting East End Park in the 1970s would regularly lead to a flare-up of violence?

A select number of older Dees hold onto these memories and it's great when they share stuff. It's good to focus on the positive things that happened on the park but football in the 1970s and 80s was a violent time and we don't really talk about that.

I'm sure Dundee had a group of casuals back in the 1980s. Did they arrange fights with other sets of fans? Somebody on here must remember what went on.

It doesn't reflect badly on the club in 2019 so I don't think it matters talking about it now. Those scraps were part of football back in the day.

6 hours ago, Cobra said:

The Clydebank game sticks in my mind. I watched it on Scotsport (midweek I think) incredulous at the scenes. The crazy thing is we didn't (as far as I'm aware) get punished.

Cobra, I remember it well, I was at it. The cultured left foot of Davie Cooper

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cobra said:

I'm sure Dundee had a group of casuals back in the 1980s. Did they arrange fights with other sets of fans? Somebody on here must remember what went on.

It doesn't reflect badly on the club in 2019 so I don't think it matters talking about it now. Those scraps were part of football back in the day.

There were always battles with the Hibs Fans, Home and away.

We featured in the Danny Dyer documentary The Real Football Factory. Basically, we united with Utd to create a combined squad. A relative of a relative did jail time as a Dundee Casual. This was after my time going to away games but I always remember trouble at Easter Road. I also remember very well the Celtic game John mentioned above - the one and only time I felt genuinely scared at a game. A fair few incidents at Ibrox - remember with a smile our window being broken at Parkhead and a while later Tosh McKinlay passed the bus - "They panned oor windae in Tosh" shouted one of the guys - I'm sure Tosh could see that for himself! A few guys were pissing out of it on the road home - happy days!

• Funny 2

Adblock Detected