The Dark Blues
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: Partick Thistle (Home, 19 Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Rate The Manager  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the managers team selection?

2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park

• 5 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 2 Stars
    • 1 Star

How did you rate James McPake's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

Terrible substitutions 

What is his (McP) problem with Johnson & Nelson, GAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN OUT OF SITE.

• Like 1

Shocking. He is hopeless. 

• Star Post 1

Takes off Mcgowan and Byrne and replaces them with 2 16 year olds before the game is secure , absolutely shocking 

• Like 6

With the Fermers losing again today, we might be lucky in see Wright in the near future, poor, poor management performance today.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Notso said:

Takes off Mcgowan and Byrne and replaces them with 2 16 year olds before the game is secure , absolutely shocking 

Absolutely. This is a tough league. We have already seen many times how weak our midfield is with the two youngsters in it.   What does Nelson have to do to get on?  The manager we should have appointed was in the opposite dugout.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Star Post 1

Unfortunately it looks like the manager is out his depth, actually feel sorry for him as he should never have been handed the reigns in the first place....

• Star Post 3

No hiding place now, the honeymoon period well and truly over. We’ve given McPake the benefit of the doubt with him having to rebuild a squad and getting a team to gel. However, I won’t buy into the concept of giving rookie managers time to learn their trade, they are not appointed for short term failure in the hope they’ll come good 2 or 3 years later. 

His signings have been first-class imo but the formations, lineups and substitutions have been the cracks that the ‘squad needing time to gel’ has been papering over. 

I don’t think it will be long until the clock starts ticking if it isn’t already for some. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 2

1 minute ago, DFC1974 said:

No hiding place now, the honeymoon period well and truly over. We’ve given McPake the benefit of the doubt with him having to rebuild a squad and getting a team to gel. However, I won’t buy into the concept of giving rookie managers time to learn their trade, they are not appointed for short term failure in the hope they’ll come good 2 or 3 years later. 

His signings have been first-class imo but the formations, lineups and substitutions have been the cracks that the ‘squad needing time to gel’ has been papering over. 

I don’t think it will be long until the clock starts ticking if it isn’t already for some. 

Heard some guys on Provie Road after the game saying he should go tonight.

Don't necessarily agree but patience with him is now well and truly gone.

• Like 1
  • Star Post 1

21 minutes ago, Mr Sensible said:

3 wingers on the park at the end....

Criminal.

And not one of them, Championship Standard, ZERO help to our Lone Striker, who required someone up front with him the second half, McPake and his so called Management Team, f**cking Hopeless yet AGAIN, get Jack Ross in ASAP,John Nelms, your stupid appointment of your "Golden One" has been yet again another DISASTER. Players just don't give a f**k, pretty obvious yet again and don't get me started, on our central defence of Meekings and Forster, just Amateurs, . What a waste of money, yet AGAIN.

He shouldn't survive that. He is no where near the quality required. Also look at the car crashes that Nicol has been involved with lately. 

Cannot believe they didnt appoint Hopkins. 

• Like 1

He should never have been given the job.  My heart sank seeing Robertson come on for Byrne, then to see mcGowan go for McPake  - what a downer. The manager weakened the team with each substitution.  There was no need especially given Thistle were a tough unit. In my opinion, maybe Mackie for Nelson, and possibly Johnson on for Hemmings. He fails every time he goes with the youngsters.  He fails far too often.

• Like 3

Very few managers at that age with zero first team management experience would get a big job for there first gig.....

He should have been promoted to first team coach rather than manager if Nelms rated him so highly.....

Do I want him sacked tonight? No

Would I be bothered if he was sacked? Definitely not.

• Like 2

Ahem...he carries the can, 100%. He owes us three points. Big time.

Glad I wasn't there but really feel for those who were.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Prince Buster said:

Heard some guys on Provie Road after the game saying he should go tonight.

Don't necessarily agree but patience with him is now well and truly gone.

The result today was an embarrassment but that sometimes happens in football. Its the manner in which that embarrassment unfolded that’s todays problem and unfortunately that lies firmly with McPake today. I thought we played really well, it was the manager who sold us out so I can understand why people will want him gone tonight. It was almost like treating the game like kids football management where players needing game time was more important than the result.

I’ll probably sit on the fence for a few more weeks about McPake but I’m already having the same doubts as I had with McCann where I’m not seeing how we are ever going to string results together.  

• Like 1