The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Ayr United V Dundee (25th Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Ayr v Dundee predictions  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on Friday?

2. 2. Choose your team for this match

• Cammy Kerr
    • Jordan McGhee
    • Jamie Ness
    • Jordan Forster
    • Josh Meekings
    • Josh Todd
    • Shaun Byrne
    • Andrew Nelson
    • Paul McGowan
    • Declan McDaid
    • Calum Ferrie
    • Graham Dorrans
    • Josh McPake
    • Danny Johnson
    • Finlay Robertson
    • Sean Mackie
    • Callum Moore
    • Jordan Marshall
    • Max Anderson
    • Lyall Cameron
    • Josh Mulligan
    • Kane Hemmings
    • Conor Hazard

Can we make it six points out of six against the high-flying Honest Men in Friday night's live game?

Ayr have lost their last two games so it could be the perfect time for Dundee to visit Somerset.

I can’t see us going to Ayr United and keeping a clean sheet, therefore home win I predict.

Might be facing off against Jim McIntyre. If we do, we're losing obviously because f**k us. Anyone else, we might get out with a point.

Clicked home win by mistake. Meant to choose away win because...

1. I always back The Dee

2. We have better players than them

3. They don't have a manager

4. McPake will have learned a valuable lesson from Saturday (Please God)

5. ... because F*** 'Em

• Like 1

I've picked a draw. Ayr are currently vulnerable and might struggle; however, I dont think we have the confidence at the moment to capitalise. We will be unable to hold onto  a 1-0 lead (again) and the game will finish 1-1. 

As said earlier Ayr will score against us and it will depend on whether the heads go down or not, I'll optimistically go for a score draw 1-1.

19 minutes ago, an-dee said:

Mark Kerr appointed as Ayr manager. 

Interesting appointment. Apparently he came through a rigorous interview process that included 12-15 candidates.

I imagine Gary Neville and Neil McCann would be brilliant at job interviews. Doesn't necessarily mean they're great at football management.

Give me a bit of proven experience every time.

Play as we did first half against Partick and we should be looking to win this match and at very minimum take a point which would not be a bad result .

Play as we did 2nd half against Partick and Ayr will win this one ! 

1 minute ago, Cobra said:

Interesting appointment. Apparently he came through a rigorous interview process that included 12-15 candidates.

I imagine Gary Neville and Neil McCann would be brilliant at job interviews. Doesn't necessarily mean they're great at football management.

Give me a bit of proven experience every time.

For what it's worth, he has been an influential figure almost everywhere he's been. Falkirk fans were not happy when Hartley released him and think that created a huge vacuum that wasn't filled.

Is there anything a struggling team loves more than Dundee coming calling?

• Like 3

Be delighted with a scoring draw. Defeat is not an option. 

Let's stick with negativity in our preparation for this game. We are needing to toughen up and actually pose a physical threat to go with the playing skills. Ayr will be desperate for this game and hopeful that they can return to their previous good form. We haven't shown much resilience recently and I think a bit less talking about how the team is being prepared, in the papers, would be helpful. It's been the same story for quite a long time, over several managers, that a defeat is always because the team hasn't done what was talked about in training and worked on in training.

For me, it looks like the players are following orders and just not playing the game that they can see developing in front of their eyes.

• Like 2

It's time to get dirty and nasty. 3 fouls in 93 minutes on Saturday!! Everyone thinks United beat us with silky soccer, they were brutal in their tactics, stopping any move in our half and committing 25 fouls. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Blue4evr said:

It's time to get dirty and nasty. 3 fouls in 93 minutes on Saturday!! Everyone thinks United beat us with silky soccer, they were brutal in their tactics, stopping any move in our half and committing 25 fouls. 

Exactly. Stopping your opponents from playing is part of football these days. Wonder if training is virtually tippy tappy stuff because there are quite a few players who have injury issues?