The Dark Blues
harry94

Conor Hazard - Officially Signs

Rate this topic

Celtic goalkeeper Conor Hazard signs on emergency loan after Jack Hamilton undergoes surgery to remove his appendix.

1 hour ago, harry94 said:

Celtic goalkeeper Conor Hazard signs on emergency loan after Jack Hamilton undergoes surgery to remove his appendix.

A blow for JH and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Lad has done more than OK this season so far and I have certainly had doubts in the past.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

A blow for JH and I hope he has a speedy recovery. Lad has done more than OK this season so far and I have certainly had doubts in the past.

His confidence has increased since that penalty save, I think Morton onwards he's genuinely been really good and although he's not perfect, those shaky moments of confusion where he half comes for things have more or less ended and he's generally been much less sporadic. I think any of the goals we've lost since then would be really harsh to put much on him tbh. There isn't a worse time that he could have lost his place.

Away to Ayr, joint top with a new manager, on a wet Friday night is a horrific game for someone new to come into. Looks like we've done well to at least get an option in who has at least come through this situation a couple of times and had to slot into teams in this league late in the day in emergencies. I won't judge Ferrie or Hazard too harshly tomorrow.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

He's certainly not got a lot of luck....perhaps his most consistent spell, quite a few shutouts, and ends up with an op for something that can strike anyone, and not a thing you can do about it.

Hope he recovers quickly & back training in a few weeks.

Meantime, I think we've got a good solution, a good young keeper, decent experience at our level, for someone in this situation.

• Like 1

That's a blow ... the lad has been doing well.  When he decides to go for a ball he really goes for it and when he punches he gets well rid of.  Distribution pretty decent. He sometimes stays on his line when he mayne should go for the ball hut all in he is not the reason we are underperforming.  Get well fast son.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

How will young Ferrie feel 

We need two keepers. fridays team has not been picked yet.

3 days out from the 5 year anniversary of us signing Arvid Schenk... same height more or less... same situation... but Hazard at least has experience at this level, and international experience to boot. Can't possibly go wrong, not even slightly.

• Funny 1

47 minutes ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

We need two keepers. fridays team has not been picked yet.

Nieve reply - he’s not here not to play 

18 minutes ago, rossbatchelor9 said:

3 days out from the 5 year anniversary of us signing Arvid Schenk... same height more or less... same situation... but Hazard at least has experience at this level, and international experience to boot. Can't possibly go wrong, not even slightly.

Schenk was the fall guy for that result...... but wasn't good enough for us though.

So we have a new number one tomorrow night. The 21-year-old will have 24 hours to say hello to his new team-mates before being expected to keep a clean sheet. That'll be interesting.

10 minutes ago, Bobby Dee said:

Nieve reply - he’s not here not to play 

Cheers for that. He could be here to be on the bench? But you are probably right.

6 minutes ago, Cobra said:

So we have a new number one tomorrow night. The 21-year-old will have 24 hours to say hello to his new team-mates before being expected to keep a clean sheet. That'll be interesting.

Schenk springs to mind....................

scary pennywise the clown GIF

• Sad 1

Not sure if it's been posted. But JMP expects Hamilton to be out for 2-4 weeks. Hazard is on a 7 day rolling deal.

23 minutes ago, Dondeh said:

Not sure if it's been posted. But JMP expects Hamilton to be out for 2-4 weeks. Hazard is on a 7 day rolling deal.

Which seems a bit prudent considering the circumstances. I would be more concerned if he came here on a six months contract and we had a goal keeper on the books which we didn't need.