The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Rate the Manager: James McPake (Away, 25th Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Rate The Manager  

39 members have voted

1. 1. How did you rate the managers team selection?

2. 2. How did you rate the managers tactics on the park

How did you rate James McPake's team selection, substitutions and performance today?

1 minute ago, deerealist said:

Never win anything with these tactics

Agreed. 3 welcome points but the performance was as bad as anything this season. We really must u our game.

Got the points so got it right but that was awful to watch.

Tell you what I wouldn't like to be a football manager. Against Partick we bossed them first half and failed to take our chances. In the end we were unlucky and lost the game, folk were calling for the manager's head and saying they won't go back to Dens again this season.

Tonight at Ayr we were second best but took our chances and ended up being very lucky to come away with the points and as a result everyone is happy with the manager.

McPake's reputation week-to-week is dependent on many things that are out of his control. The Partick and Ayr results were largely about Gowser's state of mind, whether McDaid had his shooting boots on, whether goalkeepers were in inspired form and whether the opposition were clinical. McPake couldn't control any of these things but we'll call him an idiot if things don't go his way. That's just the nature of the job I suppose.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Prince Buster said:

Got the points so got it right but that was awful to watch.

Decided at weekend not to go and glad I didn't. Undoubtedly we had the better players but what is wrong? They passed there way through our midfield all night. Painful to watch. Highlight was the new keeper.

I don’t think they passed through us much at all. They had some possession but was in there own half where they didn’t hurt us

Are folk actually unhappy with our performance tonight?

Madness. I'm away to bed 

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, thepole said:

Are folk actually unhappy with our performance tonight?

Madness. I'm away to bed 

We had a fantastic result tonight against one of the league's better teams and every Dee will hopefully enjoy their weekend but Ayr had more chances to score than say Livi when we got humped 4-0 this time a year ago.

We conceded 6 goals to a fairly ordinary United side two months ago and they're coming to Dens in two weeks. They could score 6 again if we defend like tonight so we can't call that Somerset performance flawless. I was impressed with the way we saw the game out in the second half but that first half was just a catalogue of errors. I really hope the coaching staff noticed and want to talk about it. Dees can sugarcoat it because we're delighted with the result but it's got to be a worry that our impressive young keeper was so exposed.

• Like 2
  • Star Post 1

I’ve been critical of the team and the manager at times this season, but you have to give the players and him credit for digging out a result at a very difficult venue, results is everything for me in this league, and we produced our best one of the season last night.

Its Championship football, it’s not going to be pretty to watch at times, like Cobra said we played some great stuff last week against Partick but ended up with a 1-3 defeat...

It won’t be easy or pretty this Tuesday on the Astro but 3 points will be priceless, we have to keep it going...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, deerealist said:

Never win anything with these tactics

You sure, we won last night!! 🤔

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bjs said:

You sure, we won last night!! 🤔

Maybe someone else can confirm this bjs ...

I agree we were far from perfect. But A Win is still a Win.

Some posts far too critical & ultra negative. Love DFC  :wub:

"All just my opinion of course":chaplin:

• Like 1

I enjoyed the game standing on the terracing and thought we saw the game out well. Still dont see what JMcP sees in Mackie but the tactics worked.

I thought we did well. We had to dig in but we deserved the win in the end.

20 minutes ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I thought we did well. We had to dig in but we deserved the win in the end.

Ayr were pretty much giving 'it' to our players from the word go.

Good to see that our players can put up with those type of tactics  and still go on to win. McPake said in an interview on DeeTV today that he thought we did well against the rough tactics. Not so long ago we would have let team bully us off the park.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Ayr were pretty much giving 'it' to our players from the word go.

Good to see that our players can put up with those type of tactics  and still go on to win. McPake said in an interview on DeeTV today that he thought we did well against the rough tactics. Not so long ago we would have let team bully us off the park.

It's not easy to play silky stuff when the opposition are kicking lumps out of you. 21 fouls by Ayr. They should have had at least one red card (foul on hemmings) if not 2 (1 of the tackles on Mcdaid).

• Like 1