The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Ayr United 1 - 2 Dundee (25th Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Thank phuck for the win, scrappy 3 points but will take that anytime

Alloa next !

1 minute ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

Delighted with the win but it does make last week's capitulation even more of a sickener.

Hopefully 3 points against Morton on Friday will finally get us on a run. 

we play allow next away from home ?

3 minutes ago, FanDee said:

Pretty comfortable in hindsight,didn't feel like it watching it though! Terrible tackle on hemmings,should have been off.

that was some tackle and the boy should have seen red

1 minute ago, TheWhiteCafu said:

Delighted with the win but it does make last week's capitulation even more of a sickener.

Hopefully 3 points against Morton on Friday will finally get us on a run. 

Never thought about that - 3 points last week and we could have been sitting joint top tonight. Points-wise anyway.

Just now, Sandeman said:

we play allow next away from home ?

Oops.

3 points there wouldn't go amiss either 🤣

• Funny 1

Played better against Partick and lost. So this was a great result. Poor performance though and we could have so easily lost. BTW what about some of those Ayr fouls, how they  finished with 11 men is amazing to me.

• Like 1

Superb victory but we really do have to look at how often our goal is being threatened. There were about a dozen moments when we were exposed in the first 50 minutes. I hope we're watching that game back and redoubling efforts on the training ground so we're not so reliant on the opposition's poor finishing to win games.

5 minutes ago, deerealist said:

Agree but won’t get away with that every week.two great finishes for us,3 points,that’s the positive.

No, but you only beat what's in front of you. Bit more confidence, last week's capitulation shaken off and a much more conventional display from the manager.

Two winnable games coming up, so let's build from here.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Cobra said:

Dundee United 18
Ayr 18
ICT 17
DUNDEE 15

IN. THE. MIX.

I think we need close to 20 points from this round of fixtures. 

A couple of wins next week and I think we can make it.

Incredible result for me, Mcpake and certain players have took a lot of stick recently, but those players left nothing on that pitch tonight, course it wasn’t pretty, but it was never going to be...

Momentum is huge in football, two winnable games for us coming now before  a massive derby....

Said it before, we have a decent set of players who are definitely capable of challenging at top end.

Dundee United could have been 12 points clear if they had beat Alloa a few weeks back, it’s now down to 3....

Game on.

• Like 4
  • Star Post 3

It's been game on ever since Jim Spence wrote that courier article saying they'd romp the league. 

• Like 3
  • Star Post 1

This is another place that’s never going to be easy to get 3 points so I’ll definitely take that

Great result. 

I thought McPake got the lineup spot on, although I would’ve taken Hemmings off sooner. 

Keeper looked comfortable, Forster was a rock, McDaid was a nuisance, McGowan was McGowan. 

This victory can’t be understated.

To go to Ayr and win 2-1 (remember Yinitit got turned over 2-0 last month) after last week’s capitulation shows heart.

I’m still not convinced this team can win the league, but winning ugly against one of the division’s top sides is a massive boost.

• Like 2

Wasn’t a great game to watch. Dundee can play better football when they have the confidence but I was surprised that Ayr were willingly drawn into a scrappy game as, IMO, they have played some of the best one touch and slick quick football in the league this season. Two wins out of two for the Dees against Ayr is excellent but we lack quality in our play and need to develop a structure/foundation to both our build up play and our defensive play. At the moment it seems like we are just running around the park reacting to play rather than controlling it. But, confident we’ll get there.  

• Like 2

Good post Aberdee,

we really lack quality and am really frustrated by our lack of structure at the moment, i'm not convinced that McPake can achieve that though.

Yet.

• Like 1