The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Alloa Athletic V Dundee (29th Oct 2019)

Rate this topic

Alloa Athletic V Dundee   

60 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think will happen on Tuesday?

2. 2. Choose your team for this match

• Cammy Kerr
    • Jordan McGhee
    • Jamie Ness
    • Jordan Forster
    • Josh Meekings
    • Josh Todd
    • Shaun Byrne
    • Andrew Nelson
    • Paul McGowan
    • Declan McDaid
    • Calum Ferrie
    • Graham Dorrans
    • Josh McPake
    • Danny Johnson
    • Finlay Robertson
    • Sean Mackie
    • Callum Moore
    • Jordan Marshall
    • Max Anderson
    • Lyall Cameron
    • Josh Mulligan
    • Kane Hemmings
    • Conor Hazard

1 minute ago, Wattie Rojas said:

I thought hemmings had a fine game on Friday. It would be harsh to drop him. 

I agree, I tried to put it in a light that wasn't criticising him. Just thinking to give him some rest in preparation for Morton on Friday.

• Like 2

It is an opportunity to bring Robertson back into play on this surface, he like to move the ball fairly quickly, it would give gowser a rest for at least a half and keep him fresh for the Morton Game with Ness on the bench as cover. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

McDaid needs to start surely? As he has been the only one who has really troubled defenders when playing!

Actually there was only 11 players there as he was suggesting either McGowan or Dorrans.

I would have Dorrans in his more natural position.

Yeah, I meant Dorrans or Gowser depending on Dorrans sutuation re playing on that pitch.  Certainly can see McPake and Robertson starting seeing as they're fresh and there's the doubts with a few (Nelson, Dorrans, Ness) on the surface

Dorrans first start for us was on the Palmerston plastic so I think Dorrans he will be fine to play on the Alloa surface

• Like 1

This is one of the matches I would like to see us go with a standard 442 formation . 

Gowser has played very well last couple of matches but has seemed to run out of steam a bit with 60mins-70mins on the clock and that being the case after a tough match Friday I would take the opportunity to rest him for this one.

Likewise although I actually think Kane has been playing well ,particularly over the last couple of matches where he's also been a bit unfortunate not to score ., with him having put in a good shift on Friday night in tough conditions id use this opportunity to bring in Johnson to freshen it up and play him alongside Nelson .

Johnson must be desperate to get back in the side so maybe it is worth a wee change up top for this match .

It would be  a toss up as to who played wide right between Todd & Mackie 

Hazard

Kerr                         McGhee            Forster                  Marshall

Todd/Mackie             Byrne( Ness if Fit )  Dorrans        Mcdaid

Nelson          Johnson

Edited by DBDU

38 minutes ago, DBDU said:

This is one of the matches I would like to see us go with a standard 442 formation . 

Gowser has played very well last couple of matches but has seemed to run out of steam a bit with 60mins-70mins on the clock and that being the case after a tough match Friday I would take the opportunity to rest him for this one.

Likewise although I actually think Kane has been playing well ,particularly over the last couple of matches where he's also been a bit unfortunate not to score ., with him having put in a good shift on Friday night in tough conditions id use this opportunity to bring in Johnson to freshen it up and play him alongside Nelson .

Johnson must be desperate to get back in the side so maybe it is worth a wee change up top for this match .

It would be  a toss up as to who played wide right between Todd & Mackie 

Hazard

Kerr                         McGhee            Forster                  Marshall

Todd/Mackie             Byrne( Ness if Fit )  Dorrans        Mcdaid

Nelson          Johnson

DBDU, Thinking along the same lines, however would bring in Robertson and push Byrne to the right, leaving Ness for Friday against Morton , Todd / Mackie on the bench. Byrne would also provide some protection to our fragile Cammy. With the surface being plastic I think Robertson / Dorrans would up the tempo.

• Like 1

Alloa were very impressive vs United on the TV. We have to close them down quickly and not allow them to pop passes around. Their one touch play was very good. Unless there are knocks I'd rather we stuck with the same team as Friday. If players tire then make subbies then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wattie Rojas said:

Alloa were very impressive vs United on the TV. We have to close them down quickly and not allow them to pop passes around. Their one touch play was very good. Unless there are knocks I'd rather we stuck with the same team as Friday. If players tire then make subbies then.

Agree and they caused a few problems at Dens ... we were lucky that Hamilton pulled off that really good penalty save.  I'd stick with usual formation but agree about bringing in Danny up front

• Like 1

Really tough fixture coming up for the Dee on Tuesday. Alloa have in the past been considered a fairly easy team for us to beat but this current Wasps side might be their best for decades. They won in Dumfries and Dunfermline and have beaten the dabs so clearly pose a big threat. We'll need to be at it from the first whistle if we're going to avoid defeat.

Byrne is much better where he is and not. played out of position. I sincerely hope we do not start Mcpake and Robertson as has been suggested somewhere on here. That weakens our midfield so much. Can’t think of anytime that has proven fruitful. Let’s stop chopping and changing and keep the same team unless injury changes things

Edited by Parcbara
Add
  • Like 1
  • Star Post 2

7 hours ago, Parcbara said:

Byrne is much better where he is and not. played out of position. I sincerely hope we do not start Mcpake and Robertson as has been suggested somewhere on here. That weakens our midfield so much. Can’t think of anytime that has proven fruitful. Let’s stop chopping and changing and keep the same team unless injury changes things

Spot on. I'll never understand this need to want to change a team that is doing OK  Its not like they have been playing two games a week for the last 2 months and are dead on their feet. Lets give these players a chance to build up some kind of understanding. Problem is I have an inkling that JMP maybe a manager that likes to tinker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Attilio said:

Spot on. I'll never understand this need to want to change a team that is doing OK  Its not like they have been playing two games a week for the last 2 months and are dead on their feet. Lets give these players a chance to build up some kind of understanding. Problem is I have an inkling that JMP maybe a manager that likes to tinker.

I get what you are saying and am  normally of the same opinion in that I don't like to change a winning side but due to the starting 11 having played a very tough fixture against a strong physical side in difficult conditions on Friday I think it would make sense to have fresh legs that we can bring in without weakening the side .

That's the whole point of having a good strong squad after all.

Also without being disrespectful to  Alloa  because I know they are a decent team who can cause us problems if we aren't at it tonight , they are a side I feel we can afford to go with 2 strikers and really have a go at them which if we are to do that will require a change of personnel .

2 hours ago, Attilio said:

I remember going to games in the 80s and there only being a change to the previous weeks team if somebody had been totally mullered with limbs literally hanging off. It was always a surprise to see a change whereas now it’s the polar opposite.  

• Star Post 1

I'd possibly rest Nelson (potential surface issue) and Hemmings (rotate with DJ and save him for Dens Friday) and bring in Josh McPake and Danny Johnson, would keep rest of the team the same though

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Attilio said:

Problem is I have an inkling that JMP maybe a manager that likes to tinker.

Tbf he looked prepared to stick with the team that won vs Arbroath for a bit, but then they collapsed against Partick.

On 27/10/2019 at 16:58, rossbatchelor9 said:

I agree, I tried to put it in a light that wasn't criticising him. Just thinking to give him some rest in preparation for Morton on Friday.

100% agree.

I think Kane has looked good last few weeks and my thinking he should be on the bench tonight isn't a reflection on any poor performances its simply down to getting the best of what we have as a squad . 

Same team apart from Nelson in midfield, I would replace him for Todd.

Same team please, although I'd be tempted to put Nelson up top with Hemmings.

This is no game for 16/17 year olds.

Lets pick up 6 points tonight and Fri and we will be rocking. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, J_Kitamirike said:

Same team please, although I'd be tempted to put Nelson up top with Hemmings.

This is no game for 16/17 year olds.

Lets pick up 6 points tonight and Fri and we will be rocking. 

Especially by moving players out of position to accommodate them. Been tried and failed every time. Robertson can’t play  defensive  midfield just now and McPake exposes the fullback when he plays. We have signed some decent players. We should play them where  they play best. 

• Star Post 1

1 hour ago, BigG said:

Same team apart from Nelson in midfield, I would replace him for Todd.

Todd had to have stitches after the Ayr game and McPake has said that he will have to see how he is before selecting him for the squad.

• Like 1