Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Kamara

blueboy

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
10 minutes ago, blueboy said:

Brighton & Palace want him. WTF?

McIntyre goes even further down in my estimation. If that's possible.... 

Yep.  I bet when he was running about in Porto during the week he really wished he was back with the DFC at Somerset Park.  Cue boys with 'downed tools' 'didn't care' etc etc.  As someone who was happy when McIntyre was appointed what a clueless manager he has turned out to be.

The Kamara debacle was the one thing that McIntyre did that probably had widespread support. I remember being in hospitality the first day of McCann's full season and he was getting a ridiculous amount of stick and some guy even labelled him 'the most useless player we've signed in years'. Players like him don't seem to be appreciated by a lot of Scottish Football.

In fairness, I suppose he'll have been wanting out (and maybe there was more to it) but we should have done what we could to get a few months out of him, certainly the moment we experimented for life without him at Aberdeen and it was horrifically bad. He made everyone else look so much better with barely any effort because he was that skilled and could unload the ball so lightly.

Kamara showed early on he had a bit of class about him.  He probably should have been sold at the end of the first season with a selling on clause and we reinvested the funds rather than holding on to a rapidly depreciating asset and an increasingly disengaged player.  Easy to criticise from the sofa but I don't think we have "traded"our best payers and maxed the value from them the last couple of years JH being an exception.

2 hours ago, Attilio said:

Yep.  I bet when he was running about in Porto during the week he really wished he was back with the DFC at Somerset Park.  Cue boys with 'downed tools' 'didn't care' etc etc.  As someone who was happy when McIntyre was appointed what a clueless manager he has turned out to be.

I'll admit to being really critical of him just prior to his departure. The guy didn't look interested and his form was pretty terrible. Fair play to him, he's not half turned it around and shoved my criticism down my throat. 

Would we have benefited from what he's showing for Rangers right now? Absolutely, and no doubt about it. There's no doubt though that if McIntyre had had anything about him, he could have got Kamara back onside for the rest of the campaign but it's doubtful if it would have been enough to turn the rest of the sh**e that 'manager' served up into gold. 

47 minutes ago, WoodStein said:

The way Kamara was ushered out the door by JM, it's highly unlikely we bothered pleading for a sell-on clause in the contract.

Agree with this, sure it was rumoured at the time there was no sell on as Mcintyre qaa desperate to get rid to fund his own targets. Only Dundee!

Lets be honest, Kamara didn't want to play for Jim McIntyre, as it was already made clear Jim McIntyre didn't want him from the moment he was made manager.

I have no doubt that we would have been a better team with Kamara in it and we may have been able to avoid relegation.... but atleast we had Woods shoring up our midfield! 😏

Adblock Detected