The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Wattie Rojas

James McPake's Signings Up To Now.

Rate this topic

I think at the start of the summer all his signings seemed sensible signings and you wouldn't have had many say they were particularly risky, apart from Ness who has obviously had injury issues. Now that we're starting to see the team gel and get a bit more consistent we're starting to see the players we thought we were getting when they signed. Credit to McPake for making the signings and for (hopefully) finding a system that gets the best out of them. Our squad looks so much stronger that it has done in a long time. 

• Like 4

He didn't sign Nelson, but seems to have found a good position as left/ mid/winger. My only worry about Nelson is how he lunges into a tackle. It's so obvious it's coming but it's like he can't resist it. He's already on 3 bookings, all of which were unnecessary, imo, against United, Morton and Alloa. Heaven forbid he does the same to Shankland or Pawlett as they'll milk it and he'll be off.

There a a real quality to the squad but more players have to show a greater consistency for us to continue to push the teams above us .

standouts for me over since the season started -

Marshall - particularly going forward but has shown a real determination 

Fin - a real , real talent who we need to manage throughout the season. He will still play his part 

McGhee - An excellent signing and  would be a welcome surprise to most Dees fans . Great reading of the game , very composed , brave on ball and continues to improve . Noticed at Alloa on Tuesday he seemed to be the most vocal .

Forster - has some great strengths in defending , brave and aggressive . Decision making needs to improve 

Hamilton - Has been very good IMO but needs to improve with ball at feet 

Dorrans - technically superb , passing range , vision out the top drawer

Obviously Dorrans will be brilliant for us and we know what we will get with Hemmings but Mcghee is the pick of the bunch for me. Plenty candidates though and even when we were losing games I never thought the players weren't good enough, but more the manager had to get the best out of them. We are getting there now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bobby Dee said:

There a a real quality to the squad but more players have to show a greater consistency for us to continue to push the teams above us .

standouts for me over since the season started -

Marshall - particularly going forward but has shown a real determination 

Fin - a real , real talent who we need to manage throughout the season. He will still play his part 

McGhee - An excellent signing and  would be a welcome surprise to most Dees fans . Great reading of the game , very composed , brave on ball and continues to improve . Noticed at Alloa on Tuesday he seemed to be the most vocal .

Forster - has some great strengths in defending , brave and aggressive . Decision making needs to improve 

Hamilton - Has been very good IMO but needs to improve with ball at feet 

Dorrans - technically superb , passing range , vision out the top drawer

Totally agree with this mate - was agreeing that point at the game on Tuesday night he's been the best signing so far IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderDee1893 said:

Totally agree with this mate - was agreeing that point at the game on Tuesday night he's been the best signing so far IMO.

I agree that he's been a great signing and our most consistent player followed by Marshall. 

Dorrans has been the difference though in the last few games for me and is easily the best player in this league. 

McDaid can frustrate at times but he has been great recently and is starting to deliver regularly with goals and assists.

Hemmings's performances have been good recently, i think he's been leading the line well and hopefully his goals on Tuesday were the start of a purple patch. 

Overall JMP has done well with his signings especially for a 1st time manager.

• Like 4