The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Billy Campbell's Ghost

Concession Prices Vary In Scotland

Rate this topic

Our official site said concessions at Alloa were over 65 when it fact it was over 60. I found out after I had paid full whack.

Worth checking home clubs own website first before going!

• Like 1

@Billy Campbell's GhostOn alloa website under ticket prices, it says 65 there too.

Edited by Parcbara

We were told it was over 65's as well BCG and that's the age we had in our ticket news.

Maybe someone got it wrong at Alloa?

Oh well the two guys I spoke to were 62 and claimed they got in as over 60. Chancers!

Worth a try obviously. Naive me!

Pity the spfl didnt have a consistent approach. Price can differ, especially due to quality of seating/standing on offer, but the age should be consistent. Partick Thistle have always been over 60 when I went there.

I've paid Concession prices at every away ground since I was 58,(not recently)..Wear a bunnet, and the youngsters on the gates think everybody over 50 has one foot in the grave anyway...Saves around two pints a game!!

• Funny 2

21 minutes ago, Barryboy said:

I've paid Concession prices at every away ground since I was 58,(not recently)..Wear a bunnet, and the youngsters on the gates think everybody over 50 has one foot in the grave anyway...Saves around two pints a game!!

Ha, by coincidence I was talking about this with a mate this morning (he's mid fifties) and at some grounds he does the 'hat thing' to get a concession. I'm far too youthful looking 🙄 (and too much of a fearty) to give it a go myself.

1 minute ago, chomp my root said:

Ha, by coincidence I was talking about this with a mate this morning (he's mid fifties) and at some grounds he does the 'hat thing' to get a concession. I'm far too youthful looking 🙄 (and too much of a fearty) to give it a go myself.

How does the hat help 😂

Know boys in there 30s that went through the concession gate at Alloa.

• Funny 1

2 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Oh well the two guys I spoke to were 62 and claimed they got in as over 60. Chancers!

Aye, the penalty for looking younger than you are, eh  😯 .....or claiming to 😉  

Concessions for older adults should be abolished and a protocol introduced to see concessionary rates introduced for more younger adults.

Discuss.

😈

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Billy Campbell's Ghost said:

Maybe you just don't look a day over 59 bud and that's why they got in at that price! 😜

1 hour ago, Prince Buster said:

Concessions for older adults should be abolished and a protocol introduced to see concessionary rates introduced for more younger adults.

Discuss.

😈

Another phucking chancer! 😉

I think anyone over 20 could have got in at Alloa. The lad behind the turnstile was so tall he couldn't see anyone above chest up!